Want to buy: Horsetail (Equisetum Hyemale) As in Alternatives to Dentists DVD

justjoef
justjoef Posts: 5 ✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in Plants, Seeds, & Roots
Hi justjoef:

I can send you some field horsetail.  I currently have some dried from last year; it is nice and green.  Or, I can pick you some fresh field horsetail in July.  Grows wild outside my back yard. Your choice.  If you would like to send me your address: my email account is dwaynesharonb@netscape.net I will send you whichever you prefer, no charge.  I have a list of plants that I am looking for as well, under the barter section in the forums, most especially some prickly pear pads and chaparral.   Maybe if you have something I am looking for you can send me some :)

Best Wishes, Sharon

Comments

• Nikki
    Nikki Posts: 20 admin
    edited June 2018
    This is fantastic, Sharon! Thank you for offering this to the community. :)
  • Sharon Companion
    Sharon Companion Posts: 28
    edited June 2018
    Ok my friend, your field horsetail is in the mail.  Hope you enjoy!
  • Sharon Companion
    edited June 2018
    You are very welcome, Nikki, my pleasure.
  • justjoef
    edited June 2018
    Thank you so much Sharon! I can't tell you how much I appreciate you reaching out and helping with this issue. I think I'm going to like getting to know the folks in this community! :-)
  • justjoef
    edited June 2018
    Got it! Thank You!

The favor returned is in transit to you as I write this post!
  • Sharon Companion
    edited July 2018
    Thanks so much, Joe, got the package!  Now I can make something for my friend who has been asking for a while now. :)
  • Sharon Companion
    edited August 2018
    Hey Joe:

Just packaged up some fresh horsetail for you.  I will put it in the mail tomorrow.  Hope it arrives ok, never shipped fresh material before :)  I wrapped them in a cotton flour sack to absorb the moisture.

Regards, Sharon
  • justjoef
    edited August 2018
    Sharon,

Thank you so much! I'm very appreciative. I'll let you know once it arrives. Please let me know if you'd like me to reciprocate with the same (oak-bark/chaga) as last time, or if there is something else since added to your request list that is carried by mountainrose or another supplier.

Kind Regards,

Joe
  • NanC
    NanC Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I bought the equisetum horsetail from a local nursery and keep it in wide buckets full of water and mud, also some leaves or rotting materials to imitate a pond setting as much as possible.

They are doing well, growing lots of spears for harvest.  I have picked some previously as Doug Simons advised.  Some of them turned brown, but most stayed green.  My coffee grinder can't pulverize all of it thoroughly, but good enough.
  • justjoef
    edited September 2018
    Thanks for the tip NC Colbert. I do plan on growing my own, but don't see that happening until the spring. It's good to know it does well just growing in buckets, as that will probably be my initial attempt. Thanks for the input!
  • NanC
    NanC Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited September 2018