Anyone with experience with Oxygen and/or Ozone therapy?

Marjory Wildcraft
Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin
ive researched O2 therapy without medical oxygen (the need for medical grade oxygen poses a problem for me as an herbalist vs an MD in practice) as a delivery system for CBD therapy as well as aroma therapy...very interesting topic.  Ozone therapy i heard about years ago (my family has been in wellness since the 80's)

We know oxygen is healing, otherwise modalities like Qi Gong, deep breathing techniques, hyperbaric therapies wouldn't be effective..Id love to hear about your experiences.

Heather

Comments

• Marjory Wildcraft
    edited April 2018
    Hi Heather, oh thank you for writing in.  BTW, I've tried calling a couple of times - just wanted to say 'hi' and thank you so much for all the great comments you've been adding to the site.  Feel free to give me a buzz if you get a moment.

Medical grade oxygen cannot be gotten without a prescription - which I suppose is always possible with the right friendly doc.  But apparently welding oxygen is pure enough for a good ozone machine to use as an input.  Finding the equipment is a whole 'nother exploration, huh?

I am going in for another sauna and ear insuffalation on Monday.  Again, I am wanting to see/feel/experience what effects the ozone has on me.  My first treatment was fairly positive...

In addition to improving my vision, I have a fungus (athletes foot type thing) I've had since young teenage years (it flares up when I eat too much rice, wheat, or other refined carbs) and in addition to the general detox and mental upgrades promised by the O3 treatments, I am hoping to reduce or eliminate this persistent systemic fungus.

From my research so far, if I really do go into using ozone in a bigger way (other than the few trial treatments I am doing now) I think I am going to need the help of a Naturopath or other guide to help with all the detox that accompanies the process.  So I am going slowly and still doing research at this stage.

But it sure looks promising.  And yes, I'll keep posting.  I'll write up a quick assessment after my next treatment and let you know how it goes.  :)

• H_D
    H_D Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Marjory,

yes i forgot about using oxygen from welding equipment (which my husband has a LOT of lol) but for our purposes at our wellness clinic i wouldnt be able to use that, however they have great desktop units which dont use medical grade oxygen,  for my goal of delivering aromatherapy and CBD / THC therapy its a perfect solution for equipment not in such a regulated market.

We certainly have been playing phone tag!  your last 2 messages were recorded empty..(in my defense i know Im a hard one to reach, I dont participate on social media nor do  I  use cell phones, the only reason i have one is to be left in the vehicle for whomever is driving and thats an old flip phone lol ) I will reach out this week and make sure i keep the phone with me.

I am a naturopath, among many other things lol  and we do a lot of work with detoxing the body whether someone is actively detpoxing or comes to us because western medicine has not offered them relief, ..usually starting with the liver..not in a traditional detox way such as a liver flush using apple juice and oils which can be highly counter productive if the rest of the body isnt ready for the toxic overload about to rush through because of the detox.  We use homeopathic remedies, herbs and do a lot of lymph drainage while educating clients about what they are putting into their body and how its effecting them.  We are what we can digest not what we eat (this can extend as far to emotions as well) Its much easier to make lifestyle changes when one can associate the symptom with the discomfort.  I am not a "detox" person i believe in giving the body more of what it needs and uses naturally and less of the processed, sugar laden and unhealthy foods, even as far as determining Ayurvedic body type to figure out a diet plan which will work to clear symptoms...and then allowing  the body's cellular  memory and internal intelligence do the rest of the work, which it does when given the "right" medicines :)

Ill reach out during the week.

Heather
  • Marjory Wildcraft
    edited April 2018
    Hi Heather,

I completely agree with your comments - regarding social media, cell phones, and detox.  (grin).  Yikes, I ended up in the hospital ER once due to one of those apple juice / olive oil detox experiments.  Yup, I turned yellow....  completely freaked out the triage nurse.

Regarding the ozone, if I do go ahead with using it more intensely than a few trial visits...  I feel it will be such a strong medicine I should be preparing to help my body eliminate.  I'm not sure exactly what that will entail... still doing the research on it.

Hey, have you dug into Dave Asprey's material at all?  He is a bit of a high tech nut.  "Bio Hacker".  I definitely don't want to push the limits he is pushing...  I still am a firm believer is the simplicity of whole, nourishing foods and herbs.  And (like most people) I've lived pretty hard and fast with a ton of exposure to God-knows-what and am interested in exploring a bit more higher tech treatments that can help reverse damage.

I operate a lot on intuition and got a big 'zing' when I read about this Ozone therapy.  SO now I am doing the logical research side and a bit of trailling....

• H_D
    edited April 2018
    i know a bit about bio hacking as it pertains to hormones.  after years on big pharma pain meds (15 to be exact and the final straw that led me back to natural medicine and living in general) much of my bodys receptors both hormonally and neurotransmitter wise are burnt out completely.  I am a basic person in belief as you, good food, good mood good people.

As far the power of ozone and oxygen therapies yes they are effective and powerful, simply make sure your body  is prepared to eliminate in all of the ways possible, not just sweat and bowel movements but moving energy and moving lymph circulation.  Ensuring ones elimination pathways are working optimally BEFORE the detox begins helps a lot...Many people use herbal teas like an essiac blend to move the dead cells out which again if the body isnt ready to move things out they will simply be reabsorbed, especially when treating those pesky cancer cells and often why gut issues are rarely cleared from a detox.  Detox is a process which includes removing from ones life that which caused the problem.

I can go on and on about health and wellness lol, i am excited to read more about your journey wth ozone and oxygen therapy

I look forward to hearing more.
  • Marjory Wildcraft
    edited June 2018
    Hi Heather, thought I would giv eyou a quick update.

I did two ozone sauna treatments - and well, not really sure it had much impact?  It wasn't super noticable....  The folks said you needed to do a series (of course!  LOL)

But do you remember that I dislocated my elbow sometime last year?  It is mostly healed now, but there are some twinges of inflammation and I still have a few more degrees of flexibility I need for the joint to be completely back to normal.  (Oh dear, and I have to start some exercises to get back the strength in my arms - dang!  Taking these months off to heal my elbow, my upper arms have totally turned to flab...)

What I am doing is working quite well, and I don't feel I need anything additional to have complete healing within a few more months...  But as a test, I've decided to try getting some hmmm, is it called 'prolozone' shots in the joint to see what effect that will have.   It's not too expense, I think about $175.

I am using an acupuncturist who does prolozone injections - so she will be working with energy meridians for maximum effect.

The effects are supposed to be - well, immediate.  I am having it done next week.  I'll post and let you know.

• H_D
    edited June 2018
    have you used <span class="st">hyaluronan acid (Baxyl) or some kind of joint support formals?..in our center we have a specific protocol for joint/bone and soft tissue injuries works on increasing collagen and elastin as well as lots of herbal formulations to strengthen and promote healing..works great. (i healed my torn calf muscle (it was a horrible injury i was told would take 8 weeks to barely walk again ..in 3 weeks i was walking with full weight) .also using a </span><span class="st">Infared heat lamp directly on the injured area (not touching lol) helps with the inflammation..just a thought..
    </span>

i know it always sounds like a sales pitch but sometimes a series of treatments is what the body needs,..its kind of like reminding the body of its natural cellular memory and gently nudging the body to that place.  If it truly didnt have an effect i would consider looking at your detox and elimination pathways , usually liver related (not saying you have a liver issue but even the slightest congestion or sluggishness  can cause the body to be unable to eliminate toxins during sauna treatments.

Keep us posted on how the injections work.

Heather
  • Marjory Wildcraft
    edited June 2018
    Hi Heather,

Oh yes, I've been on a program...  bone broths, herbals (comfrey, horsetail, etc.), gentle stretching...  I get these beautiful big cow 'knuckles' (hip joints or knee joints) that I simmer down and down and eat all the of marrow, tendons, and ligaments and whatever as it slowly melts on the back burner.

That's why it has healed so well.  As I mentioned, I am well on my way - just going to try this as an experiment.

Yes, I get it about the suanas probably really being a good thing over a longer series.  :)

• Marjory Wildcraft
    edited June 2018
    Hi Heather (and everyone!),

I got the prolozone shots last Friday.  She was also and acupuncturist and did some acupuncture before the proploze treatment.

She used a flexible 1" needle to manuver into the joint.  She injected some nutrients and then ozone gas.  My daughter watched the process and was amazed at how she worked the needle (I was face down and happily could not see it)

Right after the injection she worked the joint extensively - it had more mobility - and it 'squeaked' like crazy.  This is how it should be.  Then almost immediately there was a bit more inflammation, which apparently is also part of the process.

I've been working the joint more then usual over the past few days and noticing it is much 'looser' now that the inflammation is going down.

The biggest thing I notice is that in the mornings when I awake - the joint used to have a bad ache, but now that is pretty much gone.  The joint feels more fluid and capable.

Overall, the process has been very beneficial.  I guestimate the prolozone treatment accelerated my healing process about three? or  more months (versus if I had continued doing it on my own without the prolozone).   I am convinced there is something to ozone treatments.

Based on this, I am seriously thinking of getting an ozone machine and trying a series of rectal insuffalations over a period of months to address some minor chronic fungal and viral issues.

If anyone has any experience with that, please let me know :)

I am really thrilled to be at this point in my life where I am able to address and focus on "proactive health".

• Marjory Wildcraft
    edited July 2018
    Another update!

I went ahead and got a small home unit for generating ozone, and a tank of oxygen.  The guys at the local mechanic shop said, yes, it's the exact same oxygen they put in the medical tanks.  And right there next to the welding tanks were medical tanks...  So I've started (slowly) with some insufflations...  I've ordered some bags for bagging limbs.  Yikes, I have a case of athletes foot that goes way back to the teenage years....  I keep it under control by not eating sugar or grains.  But this is just one thing that I'll use as an indication that I am making some changes.

I have also been making up a big list of all the things I know about my health so I'll have something to look back on as I've noticed I tend to forget what was wrong if it improves :)

And lucky me, there is an infrared sauna down the street.

Heather, I will look into the other detox / flush suggestions you had beyond sauna + colons cleansings.  Thanks for bringing that up.

Yeah, the ozone is kind of a bit out of the normal backyard DIY range I usually like to work with...  but I've got such a strong intuitive hit on this one, I am going for it.

I'll keep you posted.

Hey, I really appreciate your help here in the forums.  :)

• H_D
    edited July 2018
    Hi Marjory,

I am glad you are making waves in this arena Marjory not enough of people even know about oxygen and sauna therapies :) And while oxygen threapy might not be DIY for many..those of us who are mechanics, welders and  preppers usually have oxygen tanks around so your journey with oxygen may be more helpful than you realize.

We have an far - infared sauna close too..its in my downstairs bathroom <3

Hope you are enjoying your summer

Heather
  • Teresa Klepac
    Teresa Klepac Posts: 24 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Marjory,

I would be very interested in following your experience!  I am looking at ways to improve my oxygen levels in the body as a way of lowering high blood pressure.