How to find - Duration of Daylight/Darkness Table for One Year for your location

bmaverick
bmaverick Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in Our Garden: Growing Food
???

When using the word "table" in a posting, it does weird things like above.  WHY???

Comments

• Ruth Ann Reyes
    Ruth Ann Reyes Posts: 577 admin
    edited July 2018
    I'm not sure, but thanks for the link!
  • MikeF
    MikeF Posts: 35 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    This forum software seems to misinterpret some certain symbols, characters and HTML type tags.  Most times if I use a bracket, it screws up.  Some of the ways of typing a smiley face end up a weird symbol.

I had not yet noticed it on the word table.  But Table is a HTML tag.

But I wouldn't expect problems unless formatted like:  <table>Table</table>

odd...  no glitches that time.

M

• MikeF
    edited July 2018
    Also, thanks for that link.  Really useful info on daylight timing.

M
  • H_D
    H_D Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    ive noticed when you copy and paste into the text box under the visual tab it will retain the HTML formatting , to keep the formatting text only use the other tab  (hence the visual/text tabs to the right top of the box :) )

Heather
  • MikeF
    edited July 2018
    Heather is probably right.  If you copy pasted from formatted text, it could have inserted tags and formatting.

M
  • Cherlynn
    Cherlynn Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I kept track of day light/darkness for 3 years here and boy was there a wide difference between each year.  One winter we had tons of sun light and then the next winter we only had 21 hours of sunlight over a 5 month period.   No clue from year to year what winter will be like for us.

• bmaverick
    bmaverick Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Cherlynn, the link above isn't about sunlight and clouds.  It only reflects the time the sun rises and sun sets and the time duration.  The clouds are not part of the equation.  The link is only the maximum sun light you will get without blockers.

I agree, it would be helpful knowing more, but it's too much of a task for one organization for the entire country.  It's only a starting reference.  Now, logging your actual events would be like a yo-yo.  No two years would ever be the same nor with the 11-year solar cycles either.  You just got to plant and pray.

It's the season right now to get the fall crops planted.  Even the cold frames up north.  Others are getting the green houses kick-off too.  Our daily temps have dropped 15F in the past 2-weeks.

Indoors, I got a few of the Mike Adams (Health Ranger) hydroponic grow box setups in the works.  Fresh greens all winter will be a huge PLUS.