How to upload a photo from my smart phone into the forum?

Marjory Wildcraft
Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin
edited April 2018 in DIY Tutorials
My phone lets me upload using Firefox or Edge.  I usually use Brave as I don't like being tracked.  I upload my photos and then use them from my computer.  But if we are traveling I use Firefox to upload directly from my phone.  Right now I have my own little tech company with all 3 of my adult son's living with us due to job losses this year.  Tomorrow I will see if one of them can walk me through doing this.   I tried to post a pic of my grandsons but I couldn't get to here with it.

Comments

• Pharmer
    Pharmer Posts: 17 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    iphone with safari browser allows uploading but the problem is the 2 megabyte limit. You have to think ahead and use camera settings for low resolution images, or downsize the photo after you take it. I cheated by using a photo sent in messages  and saved back to photos (where all the phone photos are kept). Another fast cheat is sending thru email and saving back to photos, or editing with a photo app and doing the same. Bet you already solved the problem but this might help someone.
  • Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin
    edited July 2018

OK, cool, I think I have this!  Gosh do we need an app or something like that?  Gezz I can't believe I am asking this...

• Pharmer
    Pharmer Posts: 17 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    That's a very productive chicken ;-)    Some discussion boards have little photo editors, like Wordpress and various social media, but I bet that costs  extra bucks.  People can chop their photos with their own  apps, once they figure out about the 2 meg limit.  There sort of needs to be a limit, or your board won't load in any decent amount of time and  the gigabytes will get expensive.  (Plus it will make me learn to edit extraneous stuff out of my photos.  I'm used to windows OS. but I'm slowly learning my way around a Mac pro.)
    Loaded Butterfly Weeds.
  • Cherlynn
    Cherlynn Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I'm impressed with you both!   I still hop through hops to get a photo uploaded.
  • Ruth Ann Reyes
    Ruth Ann Reyes Posts: 577 admin
    edited August 2018
    Marjory, I can't believe you are asking about an app either! haha!
  • sherryo
    sherryo Posts: 58
    edited August 2018
    Posting to follow.

I'm unable to load a photo.  I am using an android phone with Chrome browser.
  • StacyLou
    StacyLou Posts: 89 ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    If I take a photo with my iPhone or iPad that I want to post here, what I’ve been doing is sending an email to myself with the photo attached. During that process, it asks me if I want to send it at the regular size or various other sizes. I choose the smallest size. The picture quality isn’t the best, but I’m able to post it!
  • Cherlynn
    Cherlynn Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Now that sounds like something even I could do with my android phone!  Thanks for a simple solution!