HELP WANTED Coywriter needed

Marjory Wildcraft
Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin
edited November 2020 in Miscellaneous
I would possibly be interested!  Would it be over a few weeks or mainly over a few days?

Ama

Comments

• Brian Moyers
    Brian Moyers Posts: 1
    edited August 2018
    <-------------------     ?

If it is primarily just updating sequences, I will do it Pro Bono.  I minored in technical writing, am a member of AWAI, and own a social media marketing agency (lots of copywriting).  I would love to help out and give back!
  • LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin
    edited August 2018
    I might be interested as well. Can you tell me more about what is involved?
  • Dennis
    Dennis Posts: 1
    edited August 2018
    I am a retired software Engineer with a Ph.D. in nutrition and have had a nutrition counseling business since 1984. I am an excellent proofreader and would like to do more to increase awareness of the connection between diet and health. I have managed Crohn's disease with diet since 1984 and have been essentially pain free since then but not symptom free so I don't claim a cure.
  • Gail Maynard
    Gail Maynard Posts: 1
    edited August 2018
    Hi. My name is Gail and I'm 61 years old.

I used to teach grammar school on and off for years in various Christian Schools. I'm good at editing from all those papers I corrected. :) I have also been an Administrative Assistant for years.   I have recently published a novel called, "Through the Bush",  (by Gail Sharmaine--my pen name). I edited my own book, as well.

I love gardening and herbs. I make salves, tinctures, and teas in my spare time.

I might be interested in your copywriting.
  • Fern Buntyn
    Fern Buntyn Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I am very interested in the copywriter position. I am a retired teacher, having taught grades Pre-K through high school. I worked with a university helping other people interpret, complete the requirements, and write up the results for each section of the National Board Teacher Certification. I passed my NBTC in 1999.
  • WendySue
    WendySue Posts: 28 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Hi,

I'm very good with copyrighting and editing too. I haven't used Ontraport yet, but I usually know my way around software and I'm a quick study. (I even have a B.A. in Informatics....fancy name for setting up software programs for healthcare clinics.)

Thanks!!,

WendySue
  • Adrianne
    Adrianne Posts: 1
    edited August 2018
    Hi Marjory!

I am also interested in this opportunity. I have recently returned to college (after more than 20 years-yikes!) to complete my bachelor's degree in creative writing. I am currently pursuing freelance copywriting and editing opportunities, so this is right up my alley! I of course have a high interest in the topic as well, or I would not be a member of this fantastic site. =)  Thanks for all you are doing to spread such valuable knowledge.

Adrianne
  • greenhills12345
    greenhills12345 Posts: 2
    edited August 2018
    Hi Marjory, I would love to be considered for this job!

I have professional copy editing experience, ranging from academic journal articles to full books. I have also done freelance writing and marketing in the past for tech events and conferences. While I haven't used OntraPoint, I have used other similar software and after taking a look at it, I am confident I will have no problem using it. I can send a resume if you like and am available to talk more.

Thanks!

Tina
  • Kathleen
    Kathleen Posts: 2
    edited August 2018
    I would love to help you with your summit this fall! I look forward to sharing your vision for the Home Grown Food Summit with your email subscribers.

I hopped on over to ONTRAPORT to view some tutorials on editing and find that it appears user friendly.
  • Stephen Bolin
    Stephen Bolin Posts: 1
    edited August 2018
    Greetings!

I have purchased many copywriting courses (AWAI) and have many copywriting books. Though I am aware of what copywriting is and the structure of it, I have never written for any company. The main thing is to focus on the needs and desires of the prospect - not so much on "how great my product is."

I am an avid gardener - growing plants for my own health. I have really enjoyed the last few years of the fall Grow Network Summits - especially the information on Growing Bio-Intensive. I incorporated this incredible method in my own garden a couple of years ago.

I would be interested in copywriting for you, depending on the time element required. I still work full time - and I'm almost 70.

Thanks!

Stephen
  • christen
    christen Posts: 16
    edited August 2018
    Hi, my daughter has been freelancing copywriting, proofreading, and transcribing for 4.5 years and is interested.  I have a link to her profile page with reviews that I can share privately.
  • kylesagecox
    kylesagecox Posts: 1
    edited August 2018
    Hello Marjory! I am definitely interested. I am a freelance editor always looking for projects to work on, especially for causes I support.

I have been involved in home gardening, healthy cooking, home remedies, and sustainable lifestyle for the past couple years now, and I am eager to support the cause and learn more. In addition to excellent grammar, editing, and language abilities, the greatest skills I have to offer are an open mind, passion for learning, and ability to apply what I learn.

Please consider me!

Thank you,

Kyle
  • nora739
    nora739 Posts: 5
    edited August 2018
    Hello Marjory,

I am interested in working with the Grow Network. I have been fascinated by homesteading for a long time. I enjoy keeping goats, cooking, and doing diy projects. I graduated hs last spring with a 4.0 gpa. I took the summer off to do a farmstay, and am currently enrolled in college.

Thank you for considering me!

Nora Ewer

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin
    edited August 2018

OK, here is an update - I actually got the specs for the job outlined :)

Thanks for following up on the copywriting job for our upcoming HMS Fall 2018 (Home Medicine Summit).

I know some folks offered to do this pro-bono, wow! I super appreciate that J

But it is a lot of work…  If you are still interested, please let us know. I am getting your responses int he forum sent to my email addy -nice! so anyway, I hear from you directly in additon to seeing it here :)

Below I’ve written a bit about what we need and some timeframes. 

TGN will give you access to our SharePoint file system where there is a master folder containing sub folders with information on each presenter for the Summit. 

Each presenters folder contains a doc with their application (bio, bullet points of talk, talk title, link to where people should be directed once their presentation is done), their bio photo, banner for their presentation, raw video file of their presentation, and other related info.  You can watch the presentations, but it probably isn’t necessary as you can simply draw from the suggested bullet points in the speakers application doc. 

TGN will also give you access to our OntraPort account where you can review all the previously written Summit emails.  And it is where you’ll upload the HMS Fall 2018 new emails you’ll be creating. 

I’ll be getting you the speaker schedule by September 3rd (it sometimes gets tweaked a bit as the event draws near so plan on a few revisions J ). 

Here are some important dates and a bit of an overview:

• TGN starts promoting the Summit mid-September (newsletter, social media, etc.)
    • Registration for the Summit opens September 24th.
    • The Summit is 9 days long starting October 15th and runs for a full week of presentations, and then 2 encore days. 
    • After the Summit ends, TGN has a random prize draw that anyone who purchases is automatically entered to win and we use this as an urgency driver for a final sales push a few days after the Summit ends.  The cutoff for entry is 11:59pm CST Thursday October 25th.

Here are the deliverables and the deadlines.

• 8  pre-Summit teasers written to be inserted in the TGN weekly digests.  Approximately 150 words highlighting an upcoming Summit speaker, including their bio photo.  These need to be delivered to Merin Porter, the TGN Editor, by September 14th for inclusion in TGN newsletters and on social media prior to the event. 

• 18 emails to be sent during the Summit event.  We send out twice a day (in the morning, and for the evening crowd).  Each email contains the information for what is showing that day (typically at least five different presentations) with links on how to get there.  Emails also include a pitch to purchase the entire package.  The copy needs to be delivered and emails loaded into OntraPort by September 24th, 2018.

• 3 final prize draw emails.  One to be sent on the last Wednesday October 24th , and two to be sent on the Thursday.   The copy needs to be delivered and emails loaded into OntraPort by September 24th, 2018.

• nora739
    nora739 Posts: 5
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for providing more details. I am still interested in the position if it is available. :)

Nora Ewer
  • greenhills12345
    greenhills12345 Posts: 2
    edited August 2018
    Hi Marjory,

Thank you for the details, I can definitely do all of that and am still interested.

Best,

Tina
  • Kathleen
    Kathleen Posts: 2
    edited August 2018
    Knowing that this is a Home Medicine Summit piques my interest even more. I am passionate about healing rather than merely managing disease, and I want to help others know where to find alternatives to the conventional medical industry. I am happy to tell your email subscribers about the presenters’ messages for the summit.