Experiment - Does Blessing Seeds Make A Difference?

Marjory Wildcraft
Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin
edited October 2018 in Our Garden: Growing Food
I love this idea! I’m definitely interested. I’ll be getting my indoor garden set up soon, which will probably include some of the following: kale, spinach, bok choy, onions, and some herbs. Are there any particular seeds/plants that you’d suggest for the experiment? I’m looking forward to hearing what Dr. Gary Schwartz has to say about the wording and focus.

Comments

• Marjory Wildcraft
    edited October 2018
    Dr. Schwartz and Lynn used barley seeds.  I guess a single leafed plant (monocot) is going to be a lot easier to measure the height?

I think something that comes up quickly would be best so we can more rapidly repeat the experiment.

• StacyLou
    StacyLou Posts: 89 ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    First monocot that comes to mind for me is plantain, but there are probably other ones that grow faster!
  • H_D
    H_D Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    great question, I have done this experiment with 2 of the medicinal plants we grow and can tell you from my expereince that 1. seeds sprouted faster with love and intention, and far away from modern technology (that includes the electrical wiring in your house) and 2. if you continue to give the plant said love and intention the plant will grow hardier and larger. Cant specify if the "medicinal component" was greater, although I have tested things anecdotally and those plants grown with love and intention and not commercially harvested and processed appear to be stronger in action than those that are not made with love and intention and commercially processed. I go as far as even animals, I prefer buying from 10 acre farms or smaller or if its larger thats fine but I look further into the husbandry of said animals and how they are processed. The meat and eggs taste better and is healthier than toxic conventional meats for your body. the 3rd point Id like to make is once you have grown, harvested and processed your herbs, burn them into ash and (if you aren't making a spagyric tincture or product) offer them back to the land with a blessing (your next crop on that soil will grow better :)
    Happy Healing
    Heather
  • Marjory Wildcraft
    edited October 2018
    Hi Heather,

Nice input there, yes!  My maion thing is to really prove this on a more scientific basis to our entire community.

And your words have gotten me to thinking....  In my place in Colorado there are lots of hemp farmers and I know they get their crop tested regularly...  weekly.  There is even a small lab here in town.   How cool would it be to do an experiment where we find a farmer with two identical fields (that's easy) that are planted with medicine crops.  And as a community we focus blessings on one field but not the other.  Since the farmers test this stuff so much regularly anyway, it could be a simple thing to see what differences arise between the two fields.

• Cherlynn
    Cherlynn Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I know people of faith can work miracles.  I have always prayed over my garden from first thoughts to harvesting.  I feel impressed to do things in ways I would never of thought of.   I spent yesterday pulling plants and herbs out of my garden.  Need to run back out and collect green beans for next years seeds.  Our first frost might end up being a hard freeze.  At first they said it would be 30 tonight but now they are saying 26.   I  would welcome this experiment!
  • H_D
    edited October 2018
    @Marjory
    I would l love to see if that is the case. It would need to be the same grower, the same seed, grown in the same soil where one would have obvious love and attention given and the other purposly neglected. Not sure anyone growing hemp or cannabis is going to neglect their plants given how regulated they are.

On one hand I think its more energetic in nature, on the other hand is the fact that you can restructure water using intention or even homeopathic remedies, plants are very much water so there is some level of contamination that should occur without the positive love and intention.
    I would love to see the end result of such a test.

Happy Healing
    Heather
  • Marjory Wildcraft
    edited October 2018
    Hi Heather,

Yes I totally get you on the control of the variables.  Super important there.

I want to do this with seeds like - next month?  Because it will be relatively quick and simple (versus a farmer growing crops).  Setting up the correct conditions is why I am reaching out to Dr. Schwartz.

Hey Heather, I forgot to ask you - would you be up for doing a presentation at our next years Home Medicine Summit?

• peppypoblano
    peppypoblano Posts: 92
    edited October 2018
    Interesting topic.  I look forward to hearing how it goes.  I keep our plants close, talk to them daily and typically spend lots of yoga/meditation time with them.  Personally, I think they do better but I've never actually done a controlled experiment.
  • H_D
    edited October 2018
    Marjory,
    Keep us posted on the project Im super interested to know if what happened with our plants happens to others. I would love to participate in the Home Medicine Summit next year, keep me posted :)
    Heather
  • Marjory Wildcraft
    edited October 2018
    Hi Lisa - and everyone,

There has been a lot of double-blind, peer reviewed, scientific experiments that confirm this.  But I just think it would be super cool for us to prove it to ourselves :)

Kind of  Grow Network theme, huh?  DIY...

I think I will run three sets of trails starting right after Thanksgiving and going for the three Sundays in the holiday time-frame.

The purpose will be to see if blessings from our community affect the germination of seeds.  Either they germinate or they don't right?  It's like being pregnant...  LOL

I'll get a batch of seeds from the same source/harvest.  I'm thinking something easy like beans.  I'll pick up 12 of those Jiffy mini greenhouses that have 50 plants per flat.  Those are essentially sterile, we can add an identical amount of water to each, and once the lid is put on there is no further intervention needed.

Each trial will consist of four groups of seeds.  One will be the group we bless, and the three others will be controls.  3x4 = 12 which is why I have the 12 mini-greenhouses.

Everything will be labelled properly of course.  My husband and my daughter will run the experiment and they will not know which groups are being blessed.

I will have community members register for this so that the knowledge of which group of seeds is not 'public' and can't accidently be found by my husband or daughter.  I'll create a short 10 minute mediation for people to listen to/ download, read.  I'll set it up so people will get reminders of when to bless.  And basically for three Sundays I'll ask those who sign up to bless the designated seed group.

My husband has run many, many controlled experiments (he used to be a manager of research for Sandia Nat'l Labs) and his oversight is quite a bit of overkill...  LOL.  But he will be the project lead.  My daughter will do the actual seed sorting, mini-greenhouse setup, planting, and data collection.

And we will see if there is a difference in germination between the blessed seeds and the controls.

I'll create a presentation about the entire experiment and present it at the next Home Grown Food Summit.

What do you think about this process?  Anyone have any advice, insight, etc?

Would love your feedback.

• H_D
    edited October 2018
    I think it all looks good but I have 1 questions 1 comment..
    1. what is the "measure of success"? It can't be simply a germinated seed. I mean, I now am the mother of an Avocado tree because i threw a pit out that sprouted in my recycling can and forgot about it. no blessings, no intention just a tree lol
    2. I am all about energy and intention and completely understand quantum energy dynamics and believe them to be effective (i use remote rife, I do remote Reiki etc) but I think for a scientific answer you need a scientific test, maybe a 3rd part of the group..one group gets energetic blessings, another group gets nothing and the 3rd group gets direct blessings.
    3. are you blessing the water as well? water has an enormous ability to hold structure and be restructured.

with that said its no wonder why miserable people are unhealthy we are made up of more than 1/2 water!

Heather
  • Marjory Wildcraft
    edited October 2018
    Hi Heather,

I really want to keep this as simple as possible - good science means you try to reduce the variables as much as possible.  I do know about the work of the effects of water with thought.. And in a way, the water is being blessed, as we will bless the seeds that have just been placed in their moist environment :)

Doing in-person blessings is not feasible with our community.  And, not needed from my gathering of research.  Blessing work remotely :)

I did look at the possibility of measuring seedling height, etc.  But the statistical analysis afterwards gets a bit complex as the blessing affects not only the seedlings growth, but also the germination rates - so you have more seedlings in the blessed trays and you have to do some interesting math to compensate for the 'extras'.

Germination is the simplest test for this first run.  Either a seed germinates or it doesn't - kinda like being pregnant, huh?  It makes the results very straight forward.

It's super easy to tell.  There will be 50 seeds in each tray, one tray being blessed and three trays as controls.

Plus I will run a series of three trials over three weeks so we have a high level of confidence in the results.

Yes, I think it would be a ton of fun to expand to other experiments.  But start first with the very simplest and minimize the variables...

• StacyLou
    StacyLou Posts: 89 ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Sounds great Marjory - keep us posted.

Also, nice work on the summit!
  • Cherlynn
    Cherlynn Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    What fun!  I am so looking forward to this experiment!  I love seeing if it works or not.  Years ago they did a study of a group of us who spent our lunch hour going on rounds in our hospital praying over people who would let us.  The results were amazing.  But that was a hands on event.  I would love to see how it works with us scattered all over the world.
  • Wendy
    Wendy Posts: 20
    edited October 2018
    This is an excellent idea!  I would love to participate and am truly interested in the results.
  • bmaverick
    bmaverick Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Sounds like the parable of the Sower and the Seed.  Reference Matthew 13:1-23.
    We prepare soil and other attributes, sow the seed, and God gives the increase.  Knowing God is love and the talk here of showing our plants love, it all makes good sense.

Even the words spoken in kindness has pleasant tonal frequencies as, a word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver. -Proverbs 25:11
    Someone mentioned this previously in this thread.

Down in the south, like Nashville-TN, the buckle to the Bible Belt, the old-time churches would have a farmer blessing service event.  This goes back over a century or more.  The farmers would bring in a sample bag of seeds, prayer was given to ask God to bless the entire seedlings on hand and the seedlings still at the farm.  Then the request for God to give the increase to provide an abundance harvest.   This has it's roots going back to the Pilgrims and other early believer settlers in early colonial times.   I've been to only a few of these services in the past.
  • Marjory Wildcraft
    edited November 2018
    Hi BMaverick,

What a beautiful reply!

Blessing seeds goes a lot further back than the early settlers...

I would have loved to attend a community seed blessing at a church.  I've been to other ceremonies for communities and every one was so touching.  Opens the heart, you know?

• Blair
    Blair Posts: 46
    edited November 2018
    My understanding of control group experiments is that you have one variable, ie blessing seeds of group A and not group B, otherwise all other variables must be the same or the results are skewed. interesting to see results though.
  • Tutu Sainz
    Tutu Sainz Posts: 1 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    The blessing today was so beautiful and a joy to participate in?

Thank you so much?? for putting this together

I feel like I’m floating on a cloud of love and I want to keep on blessing those seeds and all the plants around me ?

Have a blessed day everyone !!!
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 42
    edited November 2018
    Has anyone here heard of Anthony William the Medical Medium?  He has the ability to communicate with Spirit, the angel of compassion, and has helped thousands of people heal from chronic disease by transferring the advice he receives from Spirit to those who are suffering.  Long story short, his remedies are all about food, mainly fruits and vegetables, drinking celery juice, and taking certain herbs and supplements. He is challenging the current medical systems failure to get people better because his methods work, and his information is years ahead of theirs.

He says that when food is growing, either in your garden, in a large commercial farm, or in a you pick farm, the plants can read the person who is with that plant, and will customize the fruits to give to that person what their health needs, like a mothers milk.  He says spending time with the plants, touching them, talking to them, and thanking them will prime the plant to give you your customized medicine.  He mentions all of this on one of his podcasts, where he encourages people to grow whatever food for themselves they can, even if it is just sprouts.  He also mentioned that the ability to analyze the properties of the plants true healing ability isn't available yet, because there are so many undiscovered healing compounds yet to be identified by science.

Here is the link to the podcast if anyone is interested.  Scroll down to row 7 to find it on the far right.  https://www.medicalmedium.com/listen-to-medical-medium.htm

He would be a fantastic speaker for a summit!

Blessing seeds and food is so important, I wonder what would happen in whole communities got together and prayed for their local farms? Imagine the transformations!

I would like to be a part of this experiment if it isn't too late.  Also, will we be focused on the same intention being sent to the plants?
  • H_D
    edited November 2018
    Angela
    Yes I have heard of him. This is my 2 cents for what its worth, Healing with food and herbs is common, I assist people with regaining their health in just this way every day. For the most part, offering someone a handful of healthy ideas to incorporate into their lives will get almost anyone in the western world or anyone sick and searching for the answer feeling better. Learning how to discover someones health challenges are easily done by simply by reading their face and eyes while you have a conversation, just listening to what someone has to say about their health or by connecting to their inner physician is also VERY common. I work with many medical mediums that my clients see often, with this particular man though I have read some things he has publically stated as fact which are in fact not rooted in fact or science at all. as well as some things that are simply just wrong about auto immune disorders and cancer. I am by all means that chick that is willing to believe anything is possible, and have very powerful psychic experiences often, but you have to root it in fact for me and saying the spirit told him is not factual. If ones intuition or connection to someones inner physician tells you something (I work this way often with my clients) then its the practitioners responsibility to triangulate that information with solid evidence that one can see and comprehend clearly.
    also the fact he touts he responsible for the celery juice revolution is simply, well, Ill just say this..My moms been touting celery juice to anyone who will listen since the early 80's
    Happy Healing
    Heather
  • Marjory Wildcraft
    edited November 2018
    Hi Angela,

I listened to the podcast on 'growing your own food' and the message is pretty much what we have going on here :)  I popped an inquiry for him to present at the next Summit - lets see if he responds!  Heather, I think Anthony's angle is quite interesting, and yes I am not completely sure about his general overall diagnosis...  I think we all use intuition as healers (hah, that is stage 7!  LOL), and I find some of his offerings, well, it's different.

I think if he stays on the topic of the value of growing food, how the plants are scanning you, interacting with you, and working to help you,, that is an awesome presentation.

Thanks for bringing him to my attention.

• H_D
    edited November 2018
    Marjory ,

you are 100% right about using intuition, as holistic healers, that is a huge part of what we do, but there is also fact and science we can use to back up and provide substance to our "intuitive" thoughts. What I was trying to express is that medical psychic, medical medium, medical intuitive or whatever they want to be called these days, isnt a special skill someone is born with that no one else has or can have access to, its a skill anyone can learn to use. and 2. is frankly to be careful ..when people come to my office they are often in dire straits, usually have exhausted all of their allopathic methods to resolve their issues. This is a very vulnerable spot for these people and the exact time it becomes easy to be taken advantage of, especially for those people who are desperately searching for answers that no one else has been able to provide. Ive seen many clients come in that have seen medical intuitive's and the likes and I would estimate 6 out of 10 times they either got dangerous advice for their health condition or the intuitive was wrong completely.

Dont get me wrong, there are some very talented medical intuitive's out there, and some not so talented ones that are in it for the money, fame or to support their egos. Some of the claims are really silly.. (those you must watch out for) with quotes like ""No other medium does what I do. No one else alive has a spirit voice providing profound on-target health information with crystal clarity." (which is simply just a fallacy) or "This book is unlike anything you’ve read. You won’t find citation after citation, references to study after study, because this is fresh, ahead-of-its-time information that comes from the heavens." Even when inventors write about their inventions or scientists about their findings, they have substantiated something to back it up.) its VERY easy to weed them out and find a skilled practitioner.

I just hate when people get taken advantage of by others, their health conditions either get worse or dont get better and they blame natural medicine for the lack of progress, when its not the system of medicine in question is the lack of knowledge of the practitioner.
    In full disclosure I worked with a holistic professional who is quite intuitive and simply by gently touching parts of my body and looking and feeling for energy cysts she found things that no one else knew (tied to my cutting days as a teenager) i say no one else knew because my mother was with me. SO i truly believe in the work, just not all of the people doing it.

Just my 2 cents from real life expereinces, not meant to step on toes or offend anyone
    Happy Healing
    Heather
  • Marjory Wildcraft
    edited November 2018
    I totally hear you Heather!

Intuition is a bit of a slippery slope thing, yes?

I get that when its good and genuine... it's amazing.  And, it also opens the way for a lot of - well as you put it - ego, publicity, etc.

Anthony's medical insights made me wonder a bit - and I am not sure, sometimes being pushed outside our boundaries is a good thing, and soemtimes it's a red flag.  hard to tell without digging in a LOT more.  But his take on growing your own food was generally good.  The medicine that you grow, or that you wildcraft around you, is for sure has more potency as you have a much deeper relationship with it.

• H_D
    edited November 2018
    that i can agree 100% with. nothing wrong even with that egotistical psychic making you question a paradigm that you once believed, notice some plants that never grew in your yard all of a sudden pop up, usually when they are needed by someone close..the universe has a way of getting what people need to them. Im just that gal that says prove it, prove what youve told me or why you think thats whats going on inside my body. give the answer with something to back it up. With intuition and extrasensory perception that is a difficult feat, but very possible, if you can validate your experiences I highly suggest it it is a very humbling expereince ;)

happy Healing
    Heather
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 42
    edited November 2018
    I really hope he agrees to do a presentation, his insights will really be eye opening for a lot of people.  His underlying message is the same, he is empowering people to take responsibility for their own health and to take a stand against this disastrous system that is causing such great harm.

Even if his ideas are sourced from a questionable spirit, if he is helping people, how can we criticize this?  His success is because of the results people are experiencing from his generalized advice, and his information about the healing abilities of foods and herbs is beyond anything I have ever learned before.

Personally I am ok with his overall one size fits most approach, after contemplating his work for several months I began to appreciate it because we are all of the same physiology, we all have the same working systems inside of us, what varies is our terrain and our exposures.  Why is it so far fetched to believe that we don't suffer from a few variations of the same underlying problems?  An apple tree in Australia will have the same basic needs as an apple tree in the US, why are we any different?

Intuition is a necessary tool for a practitioner to be able to hone in on the subtle differences that we individually harbor.  Once someone can establish a baseline of decent health, discovering and healing our personal wounds becomes that much more possible.  I think our ego wants us to be special, it makes us want to have unique needs over the next person, but if we are all of the same physiology where do our real differences lie? Like what was said in the healing from vaccines series, once our toxins bucket is full, our health starts to rapidly decline.  We are all exposed to the same viruses, chemicals and poisons, what is different is the variations, quantities and inherited accumulations.   Our energetic manifestations are rooted on a different level, those are unique to us, they will surface however we manifest them, the elemental differences all come from the same earthly exposures.

He doesn't claim to be an intuitive healer, his wisdom doesn't come from within him, he says he has no control over it.  He hears a voice and it teaches him what he knows. So if he can teach us something, be it new or old as long as it's helpful,  shouldn't we at least try to listen with an open heart without worrying about what or who his source is?

If he can motivate a few people to grow a few things for themselves, isn't this what this is all about?

I think that Heather gave him a rather scathing review, and this is okay because we are all allowed and encouraged to have and voice our own opinions, but I felt I should try to defend him because he has helped millions of people throughout the world, including myself and my family.

Have a great day everyone,

Angela
  • janehowe
    janehowe Posts: 1
    edited December 2018
    Week #2 - my husband and I both blessed the seeds in tray #1.  But just like last week, I had a hard time Not blessing all the other trays.  So my strategy came from the words of a Beatles' song - "In My Life"  loved them all but loved the seeds in Tray #1 MORE.
  • brownie
    brownie Posts: 1 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Plant Spirits have been talking to me for awhile now and have asked that a message be given to everyone involved with this test.  First they thank you to Marjory for setting it up.  The plant spirits understand that you must be scientific for a test to be a clear means to prove a theory.  Many of us speak to our plants and have feelings from and for them.  What the plant spirits want to say is that INTENTION has the power above all else.  INTENTION=TRUST.  It is not necessary to have special words, times or any particular methods.  Simply send LOVE intending it to be received by someone or thing.  Yes, focus is important but a few seconds of a blast of your love can be just as powerful as 10 min. of distracted love.  The plant spirits say all those participating truly already know the answer to the question.  I would like to add that the most important part of this test is the connection it brings to the humans involved and I too, thank you Marjory for your efforts in bringing together those of us that want to help heal Mother Earth.
  • Marjory Wildcraft
    edited December 2018
    Brownie,

Thank you so much for that message.  Yes, I believe we all do know the answer.  And it is nice to see it manifest physically.  :)

I so appreciate your writing in.