2019 Seed Blessing Experiment - Does Blessing Seeds Make A Difference?

Will we really be able to see a significant difference between seeds that are blessed versus those that were not?

Help us find out! If you're not already registered to participate in our Experiment, you can get signed up here - https://thegrownetwork.com/seed-blessing/.

This spring we will be conducting 3 weekends of blessing and testing. At 10am CST, you, and I, and people all around the world will set aside 10 minutes to send all our love and intention the selected tray of seeds. Our intention is for the seeds in the selected tray to grow 10% larger than the un-blessed seeds in the control trays.

Our three blessing days are:

Saturday, April 27th

Saturday, May 4th

Saturday, May 11th

We welcome all comments and discussion about the Seed Blessing experiment here in the forum!

Personally, we love expermiments like this and hope to do lots more in the future. Let us know what you think!

😃

Comments

• Grammyprepper
    Grammyprepper Posts: 168 ✭✭✭

What if one wants to participate but can't guarantee we can be available at the scheduled time of the Blessings? Has that been considered, and is it encouraged or discouraged?

• greenleaf
    greenleaf Posts: 19 ✭✭

As Grammyprepper said, sticking to a schedule is difficult in the spring. Between planting, replanting, weeding and watering, blessings around here are more under the heading of singing "Inch by inch, row by row" to the plants, or a muttered "Lady Goddess, Lord God, please bless these seeds" as they are headed into the ground.

Or to add an older quote, "The foot of the master manureth the land" which goes to one of the lessons (forget which one) that notes the thing missing from your garden might be you.

• hmsadmin
    hmsadmin Posts: 123 admin

Hey Grammyprepper and Greenleaf, we may test this more strictly in future trials. But, on this one, we feel simply that as long as your intentions are given to the correct tray each week, the more love - the better!

""The foot of the master manureth the land" which goes to one of the lessons (forget which one) that notes the thing missing from your garden might be you." - Love this! I think we've all found it to be true, and not just in our gardens. Your intent (and on the opposite, inattention) in all things is powerful. 😊

• tomandcara
    tomandcara Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry to not be able to participate, but I missed this morning's time and know that I won't be available at the specific times for the next 2 weeks.

:-(

• hmsadmin
    hmsadmin Posts: 123 admin

@tomandcara, No worries if you can't participate at the scheduled time for the group blessing! If you'd still like to send the selected seeds some love, feel free to do so any time during the week following each Saturday blessing time. More love never hurts! 😄

Timing is a very interesting question, one that I'm even more curious about now.. We will have to test this more specifically in the future, and even expand our experiments into investigating not just the timing of our blessing, but also timing of when the blessing takes place in regards to moon phases, seasons, etc.

One question leads to another.. and I can't wait to see the results!

• Grammyprepper
    Grammyprepper Posts: 168 ✭✭✭

Totally agree with you Linzi, the 'timing' will need to be further explored. Have to LOL, I set my alarm (I work nights) and while I didn't to the 'recommended' dedication, I sent prayers/positive thoughts to the respective tray....and promptly went back to sleep! 😂

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

Hi Everyone,

If you can't make the alotted time, no worries (as Linzi said). But do make sure you are blessing the correct tray each week.

• Donn
    Donn Posts: 2 ✭

Hi All, My issue with the experiment is that all three trays are pictured. How can you NOT bless all three trays? I mean, come on, those poor little seeds in the other two trays deserve love too! I think a more scientific way to do this would be to have multiple trays like you're doing, but label each with an image sticker rather than a number (so we don't focus on how ever many other trays there are) and just photograph the one selected tray with its image sticker for the email you send out. That way it would be easy to focus our blessing on the tray in the photo without having to "exclude" part of the image, resulting in twinges of guilt for withholding help from the other seed trays we can see.) And the folks running the experiment will still be able to tell by the image sticker which tray was blessed. So if your experiment does not yield notable results, you might try doing it this way just for kicks.

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

I confess I have never heard of this practice before. - Here I thought/think that since God Blesses all His creations, & by extension any Non-gmo hybrids, that ALL seeds are automatically "blessed", yes? - Truth be told, I need blessing...

The seeds sprout just fine, but with no less 4 gardens (plus another part-time job) & yet more passions..., I forget to WATER the seedlings, the bushes, the vines, the 55foot Rainbow, etc. etc. - Actually I don't even drink/water myself enough. Hmph, sigh.