Isn't Beef the Ultimate Plant Based Protein?

www.beefresearch.ca/blog/isnt-beef-canadas-ultimate-plant-based-protein/

PLEASE read the article before you blow up! 🀬 Thinking is a skill and I posted this in hopes that some of you will exercise that skill.

I didn't post this to start a fight, but to attempt to GET PEOPLE THINKING about what they support and why.

BE INFORMED and make your decisionsπŸ€” based on ACCURATE information.

Still doubtful? Get out and physically go visit one of the farms you usually drive past. Be respectful and most farmers will gladly show you how healthy their animals are and tell you why.

DON'T BE A TROLL. Be the intelligent person that you are.😊

Comments

• H_D
    H_D Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

so, what is your point? Not being a troll, I have been on both sides of the fence of this discussion. So, just wondering why you think your post will insight a riot here in the TGN community?

• Grammyprepper
    Grammyprepper Posts: 168 ✭✭✭

The article is obviously an advertisement for the Canadian Beef Council, while there are a few good points made, it is still just an advertisement.. Not a fan of the OP tone...We are here to inform one another, not for drama. Make your point relevant so we can take you seriously. (And @Heather Duro it's 'incite' not 'insight' LOL--just giving you crap, LOL)

• work
    work Posts: 24 ✭✭✭

Grammy, Thanks for saying it how you did. - Her last sentence, particularly for the 1st. ever post, was rude :(

Apparently Shelly is not aware that we here ARE "intelligent": Intelligent to fearlessly ask questions, & intelligent to do our own experimenting, & developing, & intelligent enough to be kind to & with one another.

Perhaps sometime in the future Shelly will learn to behave... intelligently as God her too created.

• H_D
    H_D Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
  • Jens the Beekeeper
    Jens the Beekeeper Posts: 651 admin

Well I always say; Meat is my vegetable:

No seriously, if you like to eat meat go for it. If you dont also fine with me.Why sgould someone fight over eating habits.

As long as you know what is in your food and where it comes from everything should be fine.

• Shelly MacRobbie
    Shelly MacRobbie Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

Obviously I missed the fact that the article could be considered an "ad". It never occurred to me, I just thought it was informative.

With all the attacks on beef in the media I wanted to counter all the falsehoods I could, but it looks like I goofed.πŸ˜–β˜ΉοΈ

Didn't mean to be rude either.

• work
    edited June 2019

That BEEF advertisement, which the rest of us plainly see it for what it was, has one redeeming grace: it mentioned "plant based proteins". Such complete proteins include Chia, pumpkin-seeds, Quinoa, (Lentils+barley together), sardines, pasture-raised eggs, & goat kefir. All these some of us can eat liberally.

But beef, pork & other critters make some of us sick, enough, to hafta go go see those other critters called traditional doctors, heaven forbid.

So everybody has their choices, but to come into an intelligent Food-growing community, & start off by telling others they are a troll if they don't live according to someone's preferences; - well they need to take a step back & see who is the troll.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin

The OP already said that she feels badly about how she presented her post/the link and stated that she missed that it is an ad. We all have had these moments...and it is okay. I originally read it as she had possibly been put down/hurt about meat in the past and so I could look past the tone of the first post...no big deal to me. It would be more productive to discuss the subject of beef being good & very legitimate & healthy protein rather than attacking a new member over a misstep. πŸ˜• Be kind, don't bully. Show a little grace.

So, @Shelley MacRobbie, thank you for posting what you felt was important...even if it was a bit different than you intended.

• LaurieLovesLearning

The ad is fighting against the push for plant based. It is understandable in marketing. Both sides have their biases, viewpoints & issues and both stand to make/lose a great deal of money.

Beef/pork/other, raised properly and eaten in moderation, should never be the cause for anyone go see big pharma. As Jens mentioned (yes, I am paraphrasing), it makes huge difference what the animal was raised on. Be it BAD...gummy bears & other cheap candy 😡 (US incident), corn & soy...those are the true (& gmo) enemy "grains" in the "grain fed" controversy (US began this cheap & bad practice, but it is now being done in Canada by feedlot guys πŸ˜•), certain synthetic supplements/medications used...or GOOD...grass, hay & better grain choices (wheat, barley...all preferably organic), holistic & organic methods, sunshine & dirt(!)...even the water...it ALL makes a difference in the health and contentment of the animal, the flavor & quality of the meat and the health/not passed on to the one eating the meat. It is just like cows' milk...it is not all bad and nobody should paint it with that brush. Those that do that are grossly misinformed and need to do proper hands on research of their own, not just relying on biases, "experts," books & the internet to form possibly inaccurate opinions.

Big industry on all sides is what has made the controversy, and promotes their way of thinking through scare tactics & propaganda. People have consumed these great and healthy natural foods for umpteen generations. Then industrial giants come along and irresponsibly ruin these foods, create the controversy & resulting problems. They are responsible for the mess.

A person has to be informed through their own investigation and use good critical thought...recognizing their own biases and sometimes even challenging them when they are confronted with new or oppositional information. A person also needs to recognize all agendas & practices and see those for what they are. Are you right, partially right/partially wrong, or fully incorrect? The "other side"? Why/why not? Keep questioning until you have solid answers. That is good investigative practice.

• work

Thank you for letting people see judgments... here. Came home from work & could scarcely believe what posted next.

So a child as I too was, as many 100,000's of thousands of adults & children as immigrants & later U.S. citizens who came from their home-countries, where people not only live past 100 but do so in phenomenal HEALTH because they grew & raised everything that went into their bodies, & yes Organically... - only to immigrate to the USA & find themselves not feeling well, then getting one symptom after another, then being told they need to see not only a single Medical doctor but a whole cackle of them, who each merely treats vague symptoms, before then being told they may need to have God-blessed organs cut-out altogether, or worse an organ transplant, - you are telling these poor sufferers 😯, who prior to the USA way of life, lived healthy, that "Those that do that are grossly misinformed and need to do proper hands on research of their own, not just relying on biases, "experts," books & the internet to form possibly inaccurate opinions."

So again How... is a child or adult (who has never previously known Anything but organic whole Nutrient-rich foods, & therefore has no reason but to TRUST) what they are being fed according to US dietary laws: the SAD=standard american diet, - supposed to know ... that most of the crap they are enticed with as "scientifically sound", is anything but.

Really, How are people to know that what the government, or the food Unions, or teachers from preschool thru Ph.D. indoctrinations, or the "theories" a bazillion doctors shuffle, is not >another war on humanity<. - The only way they can know is from "personal experience". - And now my Loved one is trying from a ghastly supposedly "terminal" condition to Heal. And by God's Grace he will.

I read the previous responses to him, & his suggestions were: Let others tell you that you are Not allowed to speak up. You must tolerate people calling you a dumb troll... & IF you are courageous, enough to respond, then you are an "attacking bully". 🀨 πŸ€” So what people reading this are being taught, is do Not post. πŸ™„ Only silently read.

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shelly MacRobbie Maybe meant products like https://paleovalley.com/store/beef-sticks "Paleovalley 100% Grass Fed Beef Sticks are the only beef sticks in the USA made from 100% grass fed/grass finished beef and organic spices that are naturally fermented."

At last we befriended an honest farmer who sells 100% Organic meat, & from whom we can buy Liver, heart, & other nutritious meats occasionally.

• Grammyprepper
    Grammyprepper Posts: 168 ✭✭✭

@rainbow , are you a fan of Katie Kimble of Kitchen Stewardship? She RAVES about the Paleovalley Beef Sticks!

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

No idea who that is; was simply trying to find some beef product that could potentially fit the concept of "Non-toxic pure organic - Raised, & Finished beef protein".

Personally I'd be just happy with either the complete non-animal proteins like Chia, pumpkin-seeds, Quinoa, (Lentils+barley together), yet also sardines, pasture-raised eggs, & goat kefir. - But one family member likes pork (ye gads!) & beef-steak both of which make me urp them back up.

• pamelamackenzie
    pamelamackenzie Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

I am about to move to were I will have a farmer a few miles away that raises meat chickens, pigs, n cows. It is pricey, but i hope to purchase occasionally. I plan to grow some of my own veggies n herbs and have chickens for eggs. I plan to save on traditional grocery shopping bill by buying less meat n processed food there and save for the local farm items. Also by remembering to keep meat to no more than size of my fist and filling up on veggies, taters, n grains.

• LaurieLovesLearning

@2rainbows Obviously, you didn't read my post carefully. There is bad food grown in North America. TOTALLY. I am not supporting that. There is also GOOD food, grown as you say. There is also other things in the food system and general environment that come into play helping to create bad/good food.

The part you quoted was for the (usually disconnected from their food) city minded folks /environmentalists who believe, by propaganda & misinformation, that everything should be lumped into the same boat. For anyone to lump good & bad growers together is unfair and not researched (I am talking personal research here, not scientific biased stuff). This is not directed to you personally, but as a general statement.

If you experienced bad effects in NA from food, for sure, consider what is around you, where your food is coming from and possibly even new stressors, but please don't blame the ones who take care to raise their food (and food for others) in a respectable, proper way and are trying to change things for the better. Separate them from the chemical growers. The two are vastly different.

I learned long ago not to blindly trust. It IS dangerous to do so and my health also was adversely affected, I lost a baby because of it and more just as serious things (as you certainly were unaware of...even a terminal one) that I shouldn't have to list here. This is what brought me even more into the grow your own, research before you believe blindly, world. Each person has the responsibility to inform themselves through books or the Internet. The controversy & information is everywhere. If you can, grow your own or source from those who do it naturally.

Speaking up is important. Being respectful is as well. Discussions are important, attacks are not useful. The OP admitted their mistake and apologized. That takes guts. I respect that & accepted their apology. That should then be left in the past. There is no point in beating a dead horse.

I know that you most likely won't want this from me since you seemed to zero in on me, but I am sorry that you are going through such a difficult time. I hope your husband recovers fully.

• cre8tiv369
    cre8tiv369 Posts: 67 ✭✭✭

We are omnivores and in order to be healthy and the best we can be, we need the diet nature designed us for. That is a diverse diet that includes animal fats and animal meats. Animals fats are bioavailable where evidence thus far has plant based sources of DHA and fats not being as (if at all) bioavailable to us. We can survive for a limited time on a bad diet, but survive is a far cry from thrive. Humans don’t have the liver enzymes to detox anything until after puberty, so children can’t detox trace amounts of any poisons/toxins. Organic is critical to health and well being, eating bugs is not bad, eating poisoned food is. Fad diets (paleo, vegan, etc), do far more harm than good. Organic, moderation, eat as nature intended and what nature designed you for, and you will be perfect. Try to get good healthy exercise, especially outside in the fresh air, and you will have achieved nature’s perfect balance. Nature always wins, and if this article is true, a dumb vegan diet will make you dumber, which is about as ironic as it gets. Everything in moderation including moderation.