Are you getting email notifications to your forum comments or posts?

I noticed that my check boxes for getting email notices wasn't set to deliver by default. How is it going to you? Are you getting them automatically?

Comments

• H_D
    H_D Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

no , come to think of it

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin

I am not.

• Jens the Beekeeper
    Jens the Beekeeper Posts: 651 admin

With the new version not anymore. I used to in the old version.

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

me niether... I ask Jimerson to fix this. He thought it was setup correctly... hmmm, I'll go bug him again :)

• Marjory Wildcraft

@Jimerson Hey Super J! Looks like I am not alone in not getting email notices from the forum software.

It looks like the options have been added to my profile, but not selected. Laurie and Heather also not getting them, so I think's it's a bigger issue that the standar "Oh Marjory" problems LOL

Can you circle back around to the Vanilla folks?

• Cherlynn
    Cherlynn Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

I'm not getting any either

• H_D
    H_D Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

I got one for this thread. so maybe its working now

Happy Healing

Heather

• LaurieLovesLearning

I am still not getting any, just so Jimerson knows.

• Jimerson
    Jimerson Posts: 291 admin

Email notifications are active, but there seems to have been an issue with assigning default notifications for every user. This in the process of being fixed!

In the meantime, if you click on the little face icon on the top right corner of the screen and choose Preferences, you can set your email notification options. : )

I recommend these to start with, but everyone will have their own preference!

• Notify me when people write on my wall.
    • Notify me when people reply to my wall comments.
    • Notify me when I earn a badge.
    • Notify me when people comment on my discussions.
    • Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.
    • Notify me when people mention me.
    • Notify me of private messages.

• LaurieLovesLearning

Yep, that's how I had the settings. Just waiting then. :)

• Merin Porter
    Merin Porter Posts: 1,026 admin

Thanks, @Jimerson! Just FYI, I got to my Notification Preferences through Edit Profile -- don't know why, but Preferences didn't show up for me when I clicked on my profile icon....

• Marjory Wildcraft

I found all of my message in my junk folder. LOL from my own forum! Imagine that..

Once I moved a bunch to my regular inbox, now they are all coming in.

• LaurieLovesLearning

I figured it out. Duh. I am looking at the forum on my phone. I didn't see the little indicator squares on the side on my screen because they weren't apparent unless I moved the page over. I have everything set to pop up AND email now.

• MissPatricia
    MissPatricia Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

no. not sure if I set preferences or not. Marjory, your comment made me laugh. So funny.

• Grammyprepper
    Grammyprepper Posts: 168 ✭✭✭

It looks like a lot of items were defaulted to popups, which I have blocked on my puter. So I manually chose email notification for the things I wanted to be notified about. And yeah, you need to click on the blue 'person' icon to set it up, don't click on notifications. We'll see how that works.

• work
    work Posts: 24 ✭✭✭

HELP ! - p.l.e.a.s.e

Someone logged me ( ines871) out. That name was assigned to me by Marjory. And now I can not log back in. 🤨 Finding it hard to believe she would wanna get rid of me already, lol. - I know this is the wrong thread to be posting in, but I can't find the thread that talks about 'How do we break the forum'. - So now I'm in here under username "work" 🤔 ???? & have zero posts; even tho earlier today that ines871 had 55 posts. --- Would someone straighten out this predicament, please. --- Thank you.

• work

The reason I never logged-out, was because only on the Main page is there a Log-out place. There, today it continues saying: "Annie's Dashboard. Welcome Annie! You've earned 7 points." - But instead of the name that Marjory asigned me "ines871", I'm now in here as 'work'. - Bizarre, don't you think ?

• Grammyprepper

Ines, I have been having some issues myself. @Jimerson Adkins is working on some bugs in the new system.

• Marjory Wildcraft

Hey @Jimerson we have some serious funkiness happenin' here LOL

See above in this thread... Ines871 is having troubles... Yikes!

Someone logged me ( ines871) out. That name was assigned to me by Marjory. And now I can not log back in. 🤨 Finding it hard to believe she would wanna get rid of me already, lol. - I know this is the wrong thread to be posting in, but I can't find the thread that talks about 'How do we break the forum'. - So now I'm in here under username "work" 🤔 ???? & have zero posts; even tho earlier today that ines871 had 55 posts. --- Would someone straighten out this predicament, please. --- Thank you.

• Marjory Wildcraft
  • Grammyprepper

@Marjory Wildcraft I emailed @Jimerson about @ines871 issue, as he and I have been working thru some issues I've been having with the new forums. ;)

• work
    edited June 2019

Thanks to both Grammy & Marjory for caring about me. Thanks for reaching out. :)

Also Marjory: tho I (as Ines871) do bold some few words, please know that I did Not bold any of the words above in my "work" comment. - All I did was a Copy/Paste of the Main-page with the "Annie's Dashboard", after which this entire comment automatically got bolded, & try as I might (& honest engine, I tried no less 7 x), but I could not get it to revert back to normal print. Maybe when this as you call 'funkiness' gets Fixed, you could Delete these posts, as it is embarrassing, you understand. - Thank you.

• Marjory Wildcraft

Hi @@work (a.k.a. ines871) I am getting Jimerson on this a.s.a.p.

I think he sleeps at night :) but I promise I'll get him to look into this.

• Grammyprepper

@ines871 (@work ) just a couple questions that might help @Jimerson and the tech team...what web browser do you use? do you update it regularly? Do you use any spam or pop up blockers, or antivirus software? Rather than post those answers here, please email me at creedyrn@gmail.com and I will forward to @Jimerson

• work

Thanks Marjory. Hopefully Jimerson will Awaken sometime on Monday (giving him a 4-day weekend off), & fix this mess because it is no ! fun.

• Jimerson

@ines871 (@work )

I've got a ticket submitted to our forum tech team, they will get this resolved asap!

• work

I reported this five days ago, & then three days ago you said the "forum tech team" will resolve this asap! - What timeframe ?

Also I request a Name change. The original problem that started it all was being registered here by Marjory using "Ines871", but I don't know what Log-in info she used, that is why I never logged out as I wouldn't know how to get back in. - Then when something, or someone did log me out, I was Stuck 🙄 . So after countless unsuccessful tries, I had to register a different name: this one "work". I don't like it. So can my 'Ines871' name be changed, please.

• Jimerson
  • work

Thanks for responding, Jimerson. - I emailed you with two requests.

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Hi Jimerson, have you seen my email yet ? - As have not heard from you, today I tried to log-Out the "work" account; only to see that the original account is now tied to the 2nd. one, lol

So I tried once more to get the "Ines871" account logged-In; - & funny thing this time it worked ! 🙂, and yet I'm still seen as Annie on the board. - Further, I see I'm now Logged-in on both accounts.

Honest engine, I have never encountered anything like those problems in other forums. Hopefully this can be fixed. Thank you.