How about everyone posting where they are from?

4winds2go
4winds2go Posts: 7 ✭✭✭

How about everyone posting where they are from? 20 votes

Post where you are located
95%
Melody CastelloTeresa KlepacMarjory WildcraftLeslie CarlHassenaGardennanAmyMichael MorningstarhmsadminbirderrosetwohunnyzLeediafastjeanita.toler73Jannajospowell07Mlachney222MichaelAustDawnTreaderFoodgardenguy 19 votes
Locations of viewers
5%
Ronda Jones 1 vote

Comments

• Jimerson
    Jimerson Posts: 291 admin

I'm living in north Texas! The little town of Pilot Point in Denton county. It's hot, but we've been getting decent precipitation this year!

• 4winds2go
    4winds2go Posts: 7 ✭✭✭

Thank you! I used to live in Austin TX, until it just got too big. We moved to 5 acres at 2300 ft on the dry side of WA, near the Columbia Gorge😊

• hmsadmin
    hmsadmin Posts: 123 admin

I'm in N. Texas, and likely will be until Oct. Once it starts getting cooler, I'll start my slow-roll though the SW and hope to follow spring up the pacific coast to WA. From there.. who knows! But I hope to hit the brakes permanently somewhere "up north". Currently looking to land in WA, MI, and ME, but as with all things, it's all subject to change!

• seeker.nancy - Central Texas
    seeker.nancy - Central Texas Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in central Texas, Waco. Been here for almost 3 years.

• anita.toler73
    anita.toler73 Posts: 24 ✭✭✭

I live in Central VA - moved from MI 2 years ago and I love it here!

• Gardennan
    Gardennan Posts: 47 ✭✭✭

Hi My name is Nancy I joined the group yesterday. I'm from central North Carolina about an hour from Raleigh. We've only been here 2 years, finally bought our homestead. Before that 20+ years near the coast of NC. We went from beautiful black loan to rocky red clay!

• april.chase
    april.chase Posts: 10 ✭✭✭

I am in Western Colorado, near the Utah border - 5th generation of my family to farm here and hoping my daughter will be the 6th!

• Leediafastje
    Leediafastje Posts: 97 ✭✭✭

I'm Leediafasjte and I'm located in the Olympic Mtn forests of Washington State.

• Leslie Carl
    Leslie Carl Posts: 255 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in North Carolina about 25 minutes north of Charlotte. Been here for 2 years. Before that I was out west. I'm living on 11 acres and we are building an aquaponics greenhouse. In the meantime, I'm raising an organic garden. Gardening is very different out here compared to the west and I'm working hard at adjusting.

• merlin44
    merlin44 Posts: 426 ✭✭✭✭

North Central Arkansas in the beautiful Ozarks.

• Sheila
    Sheila Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

Hi! I am located in Courtenay, BC, Canada. Relocated there to 5 acres in a temperate rainforest type climate from semi-desert. It has been a learning curve!

• dimck421
    dimck421 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭

I am in Virginia, farming on an old tobacco farm. Tobacco heritage, but leaving a different legacy.

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

in Forested/farming Germany 12 blessedly-sheltered years, next Fla., &N.M., +Utah, &Quebec, etc. & at last in (pnw/Wa=God's country 🙂 ) past about 40 years. Gardened in all those places pretty successful. Now hopefully learning what I'm doing, lol

• DeeperEating
    DeeperEating Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

I'm living and building a small but mighty homestead in Chicago, IL! I know my urban homestead is probably a bit of an outlier in this group, but I'm still able to do so much even with my small space. Plus I have a remote lot at a large nature park about a 20 minute bike from my house where I do additional growing.

• JodieDownUnder
    JodieDownUnder Posts: 1,483 admin

I live in Coramba, NSW, Australia. 180 acres, mostly bush/forest. Retired, looking forward to living a self sufficient, healthy, fulfilled, joyful life.

• tammyrichardsmt9
    tammyrichardsmt9 Posts: 109 ✭✭✭

I am in Helena, Montana. This part of Montana is a desert climate - not what people usually think of when they hear Montana.

• birderrose
    birderrose Posts: 9 ✭✭✭

I grew up in NE Oregon all my life, but moved to Arizona 8 years ago. I live near Patagonia Lake State Park just north of Nogales, Arizona.

• chimboodle04
    chimboodle04 Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

We garden and homestead on a suburban lot under a half acre in eastern Ohio. Our home was the origional 1840 farmhouse for the surrounding land :)

• sarah121
    sarah121 Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

I live in Cornwall Southwest UK. I'm thrilled to be learning about the plants in the US, many of which are not native to England. This forum is a wealth of information.

• Teresa Klepac
    Teresa Klepac Posts: 24 ✭✭✭

We retired to East Texas a little over a year ago from Austin, Texas. What a difference!! We enrolled in the Master Gardner's program for our new county - something I encourage everyone to do since each area is so different. And it's a great way to meet people with similar interests! We have just under 6 acres with a big garden. We enjoy growing organic vegetables to eat and share with family and friends. I have followed Marjorie Wildcraft for years and love this website!

• twohunnyz
    twohunnyz Posts: 4 ✭✭✭

We live in the north eastern corner of Washington State. Been on our rural off-grid ranch for a little over 8 years now. It is a work in progress!

• Melody Castello
    Melody Castello Posts: 13 ✭✭✭

I live in the southern part of Mississippi, but grew up in Texas.

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

oh Good Heavens, @Marjory Wildcraft LOL - this is the 1st. day I have not nearly died from this 90's degree heatwave (start melting at over 67 degrees), & read this & thought Now why did I not post what I wanted: "from another galaxy, on a planet with ONLY Happy & Healthy children where I belong". - Honestly I told Jesus that practically every day since I was 6, lol - Yeah, & really that won't change. Marjory, do you know the way there? 🤩

• JOBallinger
    JOBallinger Posts: 15 ✭✭✭

I am from North AL. And it is hotter than Hades here.

• tonya.beech
    tonya.beech Posts: 5 ✭✭✭

I am from south Alabama and it is triple digits here. 🔥

• maryannfricko
    maryannfricko Posts: 133 ✭✭✭

Tennessee. It is always hot and humid.

• Mlachney222
    Mlachney222 Posts: 1

Hello

i live in Woodworth, Louisiana. I have a lot of forest around me. I moved here two years ago July. I lived in Alexandria Louisiana for 40 years. I am a psychotherapist with a speciality of PTSD. I love natural options to health problems.

This discussion has been closed.