Saw this and had to share with you all!

Tagged:

Comments

• Melody Castello
    Melody Castello Posts: 13 ✭✭✭

😂

• ArleneWoods
    ArleneWoods Posts: 13 ✭✭✭

You made me think of why we lock our car doors at church - if we don't, we have a car full of zucchini when we come back out!

Seriously though, I love everything you can do with zucchini. One of my favourites is to cut them about the size of cheese sticks, dip in a bowl of scrambled egg, roll in flour and Italian bread crumbs, then parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° until browned (watch closely, only takes a few minutes).

The first time I made these, my son was outside grilling chicken. He came in, saw what he thought was a cheese stick, and stuffed one in his mouth. Then he asked, "What was that?" I replied, " A zucchini." "What?" "You know, the green veggie I brought in from the garden.". "THIS is from our garden!?!" he asked. After that I had no problem getting the family to try new veggies! It became a family project to see how many different ways we could fix zucchini. My Blueberry Zucchini Cake with Lemon Buttercream frosting won a blue ribbon at the fair and no one at the family reunion believed that the double chocolate cake had shredded zucchini in it!

I canned our extra zucchini last year - in pineapple juice! It makes wonderful pineapple upside down cake. So, I don't try to get rid of them, I find ways to "use it up".

Enjoy the harvest!

• pamelamackenzie
    pamelamackenzie Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

I guess those of us who have problem growing zucchini due to squash vine borer would not mind the porch gifts. I am laughing thinking of all the front door cams going off and the posts on your neighborhood apps regarding their suspicions of people of why someone came to their door and left something and whether it was meant for another.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin

I have made confetti cake (beets, carrots & zucchini in it), zucchini relish, & also fried it up in place of fuzzy squash in a stir fry (zucchini, tomato, onion, garlic, fried in farm butter with a touch of salt).

We were gifted 2 on Sunday. 😉 I was very happy to get them.

• VickiP
    VickiP Posts: 586 ✭✭✭✭

Some of the ways we use it, when we can get some despite squash bugs. Zucchini egg fu yung shred it mix with scrambled eggs then make your little pancakes serve with soy sauce and stir fried veggies. Zucchini "apple sauce." cook the Zucchini til tender then sauce it add the same seasonings you would for apple sauce, it does take more seasoning sweeten it with your preferred sweetener. I like to use it instead of noodles in lasagna. After I slice it into noodles I sprinkle it with salt and let it drain then pat it dry before using it.

• Jimerson
    Jimerson Posts: 291 admin

I have never heard of Zucchini egg fu yung, this is going on the menu for sure! Sounds delicious. I'm no stranger to the zucchini lasagna, though!

• Melissa Swartz
    Melissa Swartz Posts: 270 ✭✭✭

I spiralize them into noodles and use them for spaghetti. Yum!