Cayenne Pepper- A Force to Be Reckoned With!

I did not know what cayenne was truly capable of until I read the book, Curing with Cayenne: A Layman's Guide by Sam Biser.

Cayenne is a very special pepper that does more than spice up your food. Some of the major benefits of cayenne pepper are that following: stops external and internal bleeding, stops the beginning of a heart attack and stroke, dissolves clots, and much, much more. It is an amazing herb!

Taken as an eyewash, it brightens the eyes and reverses glaucoma. Now listen, the next day your eyelids with be closed shut with eye crust but that is a good thing because, it means that the cayenne eyewash is pulling out all of the toxins in your eyes.

Cayenne can be taken with juniper berries for the kidneys, with other antibiotic herbs for infection, with aloe vera for burns and gastrointestinal (GI) care, with hawthorn berries for heart health, with milk thistle for liver health, with peppermint leaf & fennel seeds for digestive health, with women's herbs for pregnancy, menopause, infertility and so much more! Basically what cayenne does, other than heat up the body, it transport the herbs to that parts of the body that the herbs need to be. It is like a vehicle guarantees that the herbs get their job done. Isn't that amazing?

Speaking of GI care, cayenne does AMAZING THINGS FOR CONSTIPATION. I am telling you, if you have constipation, cayenne pepper is the one for you. I tried every thing: herbal teas, pharmaceutical laxatives, chia seeds mixed in water, bulk laxative, the whole 9 yards! Either it did not work OR the effects ceased to be effective over time. But cayenne, works every time😁.

First, I tried it in hot tea- Boy was that cayenne muy caliente! But I had what I would like to call, "a spicy bowel movement". Now I mix the cayenne pepper with honey or jam and drink it with hot or lukewarm tea- same results. But the herb is not without side effects. I got an intensive stomachache and intensive nausea. Other side effects are dizziness, weakness and confusion. I almost felt like throwing up every-time but I did not; thank goodness! In order to reduce your chance of getting the side effects, take the cayenne/honey or jam paste with ginger or lemon tea.

What else can cayenne pepper do? IT TREATS PAIN! That's right you chronic pain sufferers out there. You hate taking pharmaceuticals? Are you a heartbeat away from becoming an opioid addict? A drug addict? What to wave that big, bad, chronic pain bye bye? Introducing... (drumroll please), organic cayenne pepper powder! Just make sure that the strength of the cayenne pepper is above 80,000 units (same for everything else). I was suffering from shoulder pain all of last week. However, I took some cayenne/honey paste every night with daily application of topical pain salve & patch and voila! My shoulder pain went from an 8 to a 3! Pain Relief can be yours for less than your medical insurance deductible (😅)!

Just drop by any organic foods store and ask for the organic cayenne pepper. The organic one is reddish orange in color, not dark red (that one is not organic and is probably less than 80,000 units in strength). You want the organic, SUPER HOT one that is at least above 80,000 units. I say 80,000 units because that was what the legendary herbalist, Dr John Christopher started out with. There are lesser strength units out here, but I recommend starting with 80,000 units if you want to see results. And please, take your time ingesting the cayenne/honey paste; just ingest it with a spoon and enjoy with any tea of your choice; preferably herbal tea.

If you want to learn more about this amazing herb, you can get Curing with Cayenne: A Layman's Guide by Sam Biser from Amazon, as well as the VHS tapes that come with it.

Cayenne Pepper is truly an herb not to be underestimated!

Comments

• merlin44
    merlin44 Posts: 426 ✭✭✭✭

Cayenne is indeed a powerful warrior herb. I used a tincture of cayenne, hawthorne berry, motherwort and valerian for heart palpitations I experienced after my husband's sudden passing. It strengthened and healed my broken heart. Warning though, it does burn going down.

• Teresa Klepac
    Teresa Klepac Posts: 24 ✭✭✭

I bought some plants this year for medicinal use and I was surprised how easy they are to grow. And how prolific they are! I take the peppers off of the plant once they turn red and then dry them on my counter. After they have dried completely I grind them using a coffee grinder, place in a re-purposed glass spice jar and label with the name and year. I have a number of books that include uses of cayenne but I am also going to check out this book. I might just need one more resource in my library! 😀

• seeker.nancy - Central Texas
    seeker.nancy - Central Texas Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭

Cayenne is really good used in small amounts with most any herbal blend. Dr. Christopher used it in this way. I studied his works and took his master herbalist course a number of years ago. His herbal formulas and ideologies are awesome and he lead an interesting life. He has an herbal eye wash that gets rid of conjunctivitis; it has cayenne in it. When he was giving lectures and discussed cayenne he would put a few drops in his eyes to show the safety. Yes, it feels like your eyes are burning out of your skull lol but that does not last long. If you use it in blends but have tummy issues you can add marshmallow root to it or slippery elm. My kids did not like the formulas but they worked lol. My youngest had issues with strep throat and tonsillitis since she was a baby and got severe chicken pox. When I started studying herbs they thought I was nuts. One episode of strep throat in high school and I told that was it, no doctor. I loaded her up with Dr. C's formulas and at night put his mullien ointment on her throat and wrapped it with material then plastic wrap. Not only did she fully recover it stopped the repeats by activating her immune system. She was sold lol. I also used his herbal formula for a sinus infection. Snorting those dried herbs with cayenne felt like my head was on fire but it was completely gone. Sinus infections treated with antibiotics can take up to 6 months and even that does not always work. So if you haven't tried cayenne, light up your world. It can only help.

Thanks @chinazo88 for bringing this topic up!

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin

@seeker.nancy Do you have any knowledge about nasal polyps from taking this course?

• sarah121
    sarah121 Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

@chinazo88 Cayenne is truly one of my favourite plants to work with. I use home grown chillies to make my own tincture as a few drops go a very long way. You can find out how to do this yourself here:

...........(If there's anyone that doesn't have the time to do this for themselves I do have a very small batch that I could offer for sale but I'm not sure if the forum rules allow for this. I can always post in the marketplace section if anyone is interested.)

The capsaicin found in chillies is also known to be a natural anti-depressant. A lot of studies have shown it to be very effective in this respect. It really can give you a buzz which can be useful if you are trying to cut down on caffeine but are still in need of a natural lift or "pick me up" in the morning. I like to take it in hot lemon in the winter. It;s also very nice added to hot chocolate!

https://helix.northwestern.edu/blog/2014/07/your-brain-capsaicin

However, I would offer a word of caution. Always stick to the dosage as capsicum can damage the delicate stomach lining and affect the pH of your digestive juices if too much is taken over a long period of time. I would also be very cautious when using this stuff near your eyes!

• sarah121
    sarah121 Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

A great use for dried chillies (if you have a large harvest) is to steep them in St.John's wort oil and make a salve. It is fabulous as a deep heat treatment and works wonders for aching muscles. I have found it to be particularly useful for treating carpal tunnel syndrome.

• MaxFax
    MaxFax Posts: 10 ✭✭✭

Cayenne is one of those "go to" medicinal plants I keep handy. Of course, it is perfect to spice up those Mexican dishes, but I find a little cayenne sprinkled in my water and add some apple cider vinegar is so refreshing. It is energizing and refreshing. I used to add some honey, but I have grown so accustomed to the spicy flavor that I don't use the honey much.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin

Ok, thanks. I know my husband gets a tiny bit of relief from honey with cayenne. I just wondered if there was more that could be done with it.

• Annie Kate
    Annie Kate Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry to read about your loss @merlin44 . Even though it is almost 2 years ago, I bet it still hurts.

My mom passed away almost 3 weeks ago and I've been having some physical results related to my heart, though my bloodwork is perfect. My doctor is pretty excited about it all, so I'm wondering about this tincture you took.

• karenjanicki
    karenjanicki Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭

I had heard cayenne was good for bleeding but alot of this is new to me. I'm interested in using it but is there a way to put it into pills successfully? I can't stand really hot foods.

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

@karenjanicki I've never made my own cayenne capsules before but they are available at health food stores and natural pharmacies. Several companies make them.

I was never a fan of hot foods but now have cayenne in almost everything. I think food consumption is the best way to take cayenne. My husband objected to the idea of cayenne in everything, too. But if you start slow, just adding a tiny pinch at a time and slowly increasing you will get used to it to the point that you will miss it if its not there.

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, wish I had known this awhile back. A co-worker had a small stroke, then over the next few days had 3 more each worse than those before it. She is now in a wheel chair, speech is hard and garbled. Wonder if it might still help.

It also mentions that it can help kidneys. I have two family members with limited kidney function. One is on dialysis. wonder if it would help for them as well?