Inspirational people, including us each :)

ines871
ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in Encouragement

Most of us do Not have the $ means to do, what some including the Above couple did/does. - And other examples will come to light of what Not to do. - Yet we can each give & Contribute all the goodness you have anyway...

Let's use this discussion for all such, and remember to enjoy good clean Fun !

Comments

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I try to make my small area of the world a better place. If we all did that, think of how great our society would be.

• ines871

@ shllnzl Agreed wholeheartedly.

And tho Marjory's place here mainly focuses on Growing PLANTS 4 "food on every table", I think she would Accept & support a tiny spot/discussion of myriad ways "make my small area a better place" however all such are done. Right @Marjory Wildcraft ?

Here's Another of millions... Good examples: outstanding 7-minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avlOGya53IU Senior Citizen Plays Piano...Then Magic Occurs.

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

Loved the YT vid of the piano players @shllnzl

and @ines871 yes! amking the world a better place by doing what we can - each of us in our small ways - theat is what this whole thing is about.

I don't believe the solutions will come from teh Governments or Corporations. I'm open to being wrong about that :) But I think this thing comes down to us.

• ines871

YES @Marjory Wildcraft am in 100% Agreement re no "govt. or corps" can FIX much of anything. Principally they deteriorate/endanger humanity. Health comes down to EACH of us, as individuals, as families, as groups such as ours as **kind-hearted friends**.

I posted that video hopeful... that you would Appreciate & love it as much as I do 😀 I have 100's more such GOOD examples, which is why I started this discussion. Can hardly wait to Share some more...

incldg. healthy humor. Good-hearted laughs, especially when we can learn from such humor is essential, you Agree ?

(btw. the Database, as you can see, Switched my name again: happens about twice a day, even as it says "Saved your preference" ) LOL

• Obiora E
    Obiora E Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭

Yes true change usually happens in individuals and then spreads across the community and to the larger society. Small acts of kindness can go a long way. I started in 1999 trying to do a daily act of kindness no matter how big or small and have sometimes seen the domino effect as the person who was positively impacted by my action did something for someone else.

• ines871
    edited August 2019

Hi @Obiora E - Thank you for also daily seeding... acts of Kindness, & the inter-generational benefit all such bestow.

As an UNschooled child, when my 1st. daughter was about to graduate from college with high honors at age 17, the few students also in this position were invited to a special program to honor them. Their parents too were invited, & my daughter was the youngest. Each graduate had their list of accomplishments... (personal, & school, & social etc) read... to us all.

When my daughter's already lengthy achievements were read, during the moments the president said "at age 10 she Voluntarily started in her rural area a "Random acts of Kindness club" where she recruited... her 3 also homeschooled friends and together they cared for ailing plants, rescued animals, & each contributed 100+ documented/detailed hours to anyone in need especially anyone sick & old... At age 13 she in her then large city expanded her "Random acts of Kindness club" working tirelessly to help students Stop alcohol & drugs & smoking & teen-sex, & instead as well tutor public school students in algebra & higher math" - During this brief blink in time, my daughter just kept winking at me. -

In the next part, each college-graduate was given Opportunity to answer some specific questions posed to them, the last of which was "Of all the people thus far who set an example for you to Notice, & observe, & you decided had beliefs & thoughts & words & actions & habits that were worthy of you also making your own, were you to choose just 1 such person who has been the greatest influence for you achieving what you have so far, who is that person ? - Answers included: my pastor, my aunt, my father, my teacher (of various subjects), etc. - The last college graduate to answer all questions was my 17 year young precious daughter. And she instantly responded "without a doubt, my mother "

And then, with me crying , she came & hugged me with the biggest bouquet of 10 of the most beautiful flowers, with "Thank you Mom for everything, you are the best". - And everyone stood & clapped... for seemingly forever.

That, of related honors, is THE moment I will never forget, & Remember always...

• Obiora E

@rainbow Sounds righteous about your daughter! I know that you are proud of her and obviously you have set a good example for too.

• Obiora E

@rainbow Sounds righteous about your daughter! I know that you are proud of her and obviously you have set a good example for too.

• ines871
  • ines871

Why did I start this discussion re Inspirational people ? - Especially during 1/2 of the year that most don't grow much of any food, it is about all the Merrymaking 🙂 of Thanksgiving, & Christmas, & the New Year, & Valentines day - & shortly thereafter we start gardening joys Anew...

So herewith I am happy to be sharing a few of the Exemplary kinds of activities to enjoy & contemplate... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN626c2-oow 103-year-old pianist, Colette Maze was born in 1915 and has played the piano for over a century. Here she shares her love of the instrument...

Enjoy! 🤗

• ines871
    edited November 2019

Well & now for treasures at the other end of the spectrum, like

this 3 year young Drummer boy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYLQytuZ4KA 🙂

Wait until the last minute of the band's performance, he is ooo0ooo0 CUTE !!

Would that every 1 maintains such zeal & passion for life ! 🤗

• ines871

Most think you can't, or don't want to live this long, let alone still play piano at 108🤩

Wanda Zarzycka, one of Poland's oldest and most talented residents, still glides her fingers over the keys after overcoming a setback nearly three decades ago. Zarzycka broke her hands when she was 80 years old and was told by doctors that she would never play the piano again.

The centenarian is a former dancer who fell in love with music as a young girl growing up in Lviv, now in western Ukraine. https://www.euronews.com/2019/06/06/meet-the-pianist-from-poland-who-is-still-playing-at-108

In 1931 she graduated from Lviv's music conservatory, but soon after when World War II broke out, she was forced to stop playing. The piano was brought to Krakow in 1944, five years after Zarzycka's family fled there from Lviv, which was then a Polish city occupied by the Soviet army.

The ornate wooden instrument was passed down to her from her mother who received it as a wedding gift.

It remains Zarzycka's most valuable possession in a tiny apartment in Krakow, southern Poland.

• ines871
    edited November 2019

Yes, yes, the farmers in here want to see some animals. Okay at the end of this 12 minute performance, you will see some. But first, have you ever heard a real 3 year young Violinist ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-sfoqUa0vs Akim Camara performed Ferdinand Kuchler's violin concertino in G, opus 11 (he gets better as it proceeds), with the world-famous violinist André Rieu in the Netherlands, who also spoke German. Followed by a brief encore performance, Akim exited stage right after two massive standing ovations.

And just 2 years later, 5 year young Akim Camara is playing a more complex piece: Felix Mendelssohn's 'Dance of the Fairies' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNCikMtZLJI , with André Rieu and his Johann Strauss Orchestra

With his uncanny ability to memorize a musical piece after hearing it only once or twice, Akim's talent developed rapidly and his youthful enthusiasm and passion for the violin only grew. This time at New York City's Radio City Music Hall with an appropriately bigger violin.

He also sang "Pie Jesu" with Carla Maffioletti. The clip is taken from the DVD André Rieu Live in New York City.

• ines871

When growing in Germany, or most other countries for that matter, if one felt off, or bad we might take a nap. If that didn't solve it, we'd stay in bed longer. Then usually were Herbs that did the trick, And the most vital remedy -> the perfect Expectation that soon you would be again Fit as a fiddle...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o625rylh3bY

Imagine how the USA would change for the better, were people once again living these simple natural ways... Agreed?

• ines871

Has it already been a month since last I shared here? -

During December 2019, 14 year old Alma Deutscher (Vocalist, Violinist, Pianist, & Composer) did this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbHgDLqWcMM Stuns At Sold Out Show At Carnegie Hall 🤗

I have like 8+ of videos about Alma, and this " WHY music should be beautiful " describes her so Well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yf_pbVvIWk

Enjoy!