How do I post the enclosed link where I want it to go? ie, it has to do with bees?

Best Answers

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Is there anything else I need to do to make sure the link gets seen?

It is so important people learn about Mason Bees

Their web site, for those who choose to sign up offers one episode/email a week teaching about the bees and how to care for them and they offer some real nice options for their houses.

I actually got to see a group of my small Masons hatch and they are so very very sweet.

The bite only if they are startled but they do not sting and their bite feels like a mosquito bite I am told. All of this and much more I learned from their website alone.

That is why I want to know specifically not just which group to post it, but how to get it in the big/highlighted subject line.

Thanks for your response.

• silvertipgrizz
    Answer ✓

That sounds like a very good idea to me.

Answers

• silvertipgrizz

Shllnzl,

Regarding recommendaitons on where to hang the Mason house:

First, sign up for the teaching series. It will come in I think 10 emails and each one is a lesson and they will come one every week.

Then look at their website at everything you have time for, including where to hang their house/s.

They need a place close to a mud area because the bee will pick up mud and use it to seal off each individual baby that will hatch the following season.

There are 2 diff sub species of the Mason bees and one is for spring and the other is for summer. One is bigger than the other. The other rationale for where to put their house should be based on access to blooming things lol.

Note that these bees do NOT make honey, but what they will do, they do it superbly and that is to collect pollen and in so doing make excellent pollinators.

The web site has a sell back program too. Of extra babies for the following season so they have plenty to sell to new customers.

I think you will be very pleased to sign up for their weekly lessons on the bees and you will have access to much more info there than I know. It has been a while since my Mason bee endeavor and I only had one season of them and then life got in the way. When I am living back in the country I will def get more and hope to have them for always.

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvertipgrizz Thanks, I was planning to get signed up for the info.

• silvertipgrizz

Thanks for your help.

I have only been a member for a couple weeks myself lol

• Jimerson
    Jimerson Posts: 291 admin

I think that's a great idea! I've also been wanting to add a Mycology category somewhere.. Let me discuss with the team!

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimerson If you are talking with the team anyway, how about a recycle/upcycle category for our best reuse ideas?

• silvertipgrizz

And worms for worm bins/composting.

Ie, When I did some research last winter I found some confusing info. What I took away from the diff sites I looked at was that there are worms that stay close to the surface, worms that are deep, and I can't remember but I think the other was just a drab color of one of the other two.

Now my issue is, in building a worm TOWER, you have upper level that would satisfy the surface worms, The lower level of the tower for the deep worms and the in between level. So why does it have to be a specific species? Don't they all feed on waste?

• silvertipgrizz

Rainbow,

Those are some very nice/comprehensive bee sites so thank you much!

Try:

for a whole different genra.. The mighty MASON Bees. And they are really sweet bees.