A new approach to herbal healing? videos and free chart included for any interested

Comments

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I took this mini class before. I am about half way through the TGN Herbal Energetics course (lots of info to master in that one) and have found myself depending on Rosalee's herbal wheel now more than ever. I would recommend everyone attend this one -- I will probably go through it again to reinforce what I am learning in the other class.

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's good to know. I just got this in my inbox today and watched only part of the first video. I am very interested to know what more experienced in this think about this as my knowledge on this subj is limited at best. Although, my interest is very high as clearly this is imperative information for all of us to live healthy and to be able to heal ourselves and others.

Thanks for your input.

• shllnzl

@silvertipgrizz Rosalee taught the instructor who teaches the Energetics class.

The biggest gain from the mini class is how to evaluate yourself and others; whether you are hot and dry, or cold and damp, or a different combo because that helps determine which herbs have the best energetics for each individual.

• silvertipgrizz
  • silvertipgrizz

@shllnzl You know, when I got bit by a recluse about 6 months ago, I watched it turn my arm red, hot and painful from the bite at my wrist all the way to about an inch above my elbow. At that point I was really concerned about developing sepsis, and tired of the pain lol.

I remembered what Marjory Wildcraft taught about cabbage leaves, and within 2 days every bit of the bite, pain redness and swelling was gone. I was so astounded at the wonder of what plants can do. Even before that I had dabbled a bit in herbs and eo's but that event left me with a passion to learn and practice herbalism.

I welcome all your suggestions and teachings while I manage to save enough to start enrolling in the classes offered here.

• shllnzl

@silvertipgrizz Great reference, but I am not quite there yet. Thanks.

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

As a herbal beginner as such, yet I intuit the process they are talking about. -

It's hard to discuss such subjects on the internet, because too many people have convinced themself that the Physical (what they call "real" is the only reality that exists, so they stay stuck in a tiny box; - when the truth is that the 'physical' is such an infintisimal TINY part of what is really REAL. -

The problem in discussing it, lies in the fact that no COMMON language for the greater reality exists, so trying to avoid other's either ridicule, or criticism, most never quite get to really talk about it to any meaningful level of understanding...

Does anybody here understand, & follow this?

• silvertipgrizz

@rainbow

If you mean follow what you just said, yes.

I suppose if we stay as open as we can through the learning process, we will know when we reach a cross roads at different levels of learning that would poss or probably tip our thinking more in one way than the other. That outcome could be good as I see it as the potential to be able to understand the patient and his/her concerns more deeply and clearly, creating better trust between patient and practitioner for out ability to have transformed ourselves in the process of learning, and growing in our healing of others and thus be of better understanding of each individual. We do all come from different places regarding the core of who we really are, and we need to be able to meet in the middle to understand each other for a healing outcome. I suspect that many times, the healer heals a little every time they are blessed to heal.

I know what I mean, but I am not sure how well I said it. Either way, I understand what you mean and I am glad you said it because it is good food for further thought.

Be gentle with me now for that was way too deep for my somewhat shallow brain........lol rof,,,,,,, How ever the sincere attempt at an intelligent response.

• ines871
    edited September 2019

Hi @silvertipgrizz re "stay open": this is the 1st. key. True. -

Next important question is: What we are open to? - And this is a cross-roads that gets more people than not, in a whole lot of deep, & potentially deeper, trouble. - But, avoiding certain pitfalls it can be avoided.

And tho I know what "rof...lol" means, Why did you bring that into this discussion? - Please explain. Thanks.

• merlin44
    merlin44 Posts: 426 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

@silvertipgrizz Learning Herbs' is a good resource. They offer quite a few freebies that are worthwhile. The 'Taste of Herbs Flavor Wheel' is a good way of learning some basics. Introduce yourself to the herbs and they will teach.

@rainbow I think in attempting to discuss "such subjects", people are pulled toward the edges of their "tiny boxes" (toward freedom), began to feel uncomfortable and that's when the ridicule and criticism arises with the need for self protection. Only the language of the heart is universal and, as I'm sure you know, eventually all learn it.

• silvertipgrizz

rainbow, the lol rof was me laughing at myself. That was a deep subj and I was tired, and hoping I what I said made sense.

The best to you

• ines871
    edited September 2019

Thank you 🙂 sincerely @silvertipgrizz for explaining what you meant, as I wasn't quite sure if you were laughing AT yourself, or AT me, & I want to avoid any mis-understandings either way, okay? 🙂 Let me explain if I may:

1. us Germans tend to be quite direct, iow we say what we mean, & mean what we say; iow we mostly avoid unrelated cliches like Americans do, which to this day sometimes is confusing, particularly in subject like this that can easily Overlap into yet another phenomenal area, mostly rejected & ignored. Does this make sense ?
    2. Over a decade ago I was in the world's largest christian forum, & try as I might, & I tried diligently for years..., I could not get nearly all christians to understand that a person is not only a soul with a body attached; that in fact each of us has a phenomenal mind as well, a mind capable of expansion... & growth, the likes of which they insisted was 'satanic & evil' . In the light of such ignorance, I kept trying to explain that a MIND (using the physical brain as but an interface) is one of the greatest ! blessings we have, bar none. - Nope, they rejected their own abilities. Stuck, they wanted to be. - About as stuck as were the others who insisted a person is only a physical body, & thus they rejected this same mind capable of expansion... & growth. Neither side had any interest in this wonderful MIND both camps insisted "does not exist". - Sigh. Eventually sadly I had to give up, & never went back.
    3. So when you mentioned "client trust" re Healing herbs... (as a 'physical' Substitute... for a 'physical' pharma object), I was trying to raise the fact that (even when No physical substances are used), it is easily Provable & obviously thus quite possible... for any person to heal. Even when the placebo -effect is only partly at play. - This is why yesterday I said "the truth is that the 'physical' is such an infintisimal TINY part of what is really REAL. And thus I intuit what they talked about in the video" - Does this make more 🙂 sense now ?

Enjoy a beautiful Delightful 🙂 day, Everyone...

• Obiora E
    Obiora E Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭

@silvertipgrizz Thank you for sharing. I attended a webinar and something else with Learning Herbs last year. It was interesting, I learned a lot, and re-learned about energetics of herbs. I passed on some of my notes onto other loved ones.

@rainbow Yes I understand where you are coming from. I guess what you are referring to is similar to the prahna, chi, chu'lel, EMF/EMR, etc. The spiritual side of the world in which our individual and collective energies are the greatest some are still afraid to access and/or believe that it exists. Part of this comes from the over reliance on the mind and less on the gut/intuition or even what is called the "third eye."

As others have mentioned already, one day others may look beneath the surface and understand that the physical is just one part of a much larger system.

• bkpelfrey
    bkpelfrey Posts: 23 ✭✭✭

This looks like awesome information and from the comments definitely a must see for me as a beginning herbalist. So excited!!

• ines871

Hi @Obiora E - Most of the practices you mentioned are Not, at all, about the mind's abilities including for healing, & health.

For instance, the past 100 years cancer statistics have INcreased, now at about 50%, & it will get worse. - Many abnormal, dysfunctional, & just plain sick variables contribute to people's death including physical = Metal toxins, Mental toxins (not only ability to kill, also INTENTing to so do, & in so doing taking twisted... pleasure), greed, any other Toxic emotions), Air toxins, Water toxins, Food toxins, even herb toxins, & Pharma toxins: the number of poisons is nearly endless.

So how shall we help people be healthy & yet LIVE & ENJOY living: Beneficial metals necessary to exist & sustain life, plus a Healthy mind (one with the ability to encourage life, INTENTing to so do, & Enjoy... the participating pleasure, selflessness, & further Constructive & helpful abilities & emotions, Pure air, Pure water, Pure soil, Pure food, Pure neutraceuticals, helpful herbs... all these are some of the resources we can teach people for healing & health. Further Healthy resources are also available.

Healing, & health is what @silvertipgrizz started this thread for: Any herb that further... helps emotional & physical Health & healing is good. - And it is the Divinely-blessed mind that actually Achieves the outcomes... of healing & health. The physical body serves... as only the house/vehicle for the mind.

• silvertipgrizz

@rainbow

Oh Rainbow, I was most certainly laughing at myself. I was trying my best to speak how I felt but felt I came so short, and I just felt my response was inadequte as per my perception, and eagerness to 'learn it all in'.

Know that I respect all who endeavor to use their words for the good and betterment of us all.

I agree that our bodies are the vessel we inhabit to co exist and interact with each other and that there is so much more to our life force.

Speaking of life force, mine left me after I mowed in the humidity and heat today, and there are storms coming in a few hours so I"ll re read your post again tomorrow and look forward to telling you how much I enjoyed it, as I know I will.

The best to youRainbow.

• silvertipgrizz
  • Hassena
    Hassena Posts: 345 ✭✭✭

I love this wheel. It is a bit daunting the amount of information. Especially for someone at the earlier stages of learning. Print it out if you can. Enjoy the beauty of the wheel suggest and see where it leads you. It's amazing what plants can help us accomplish. Healing naturally is a lot about getting to know ourselves and what herbs/plants work best for us.

Thanks for posting this.

• shllnzl

I printed and laminated the wheel so I could keep it in better condition.

• Obiora E
    Obiora E Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭

@rainbow I said what i said about the mind because the heart matters just as much or more than the mind, and often times we relegate too much attention to the mind thinking that it alone controls our bodies and thoughts but it does not do so in isolation as there is a whole system in place that includes the mind.

• ines871

Hi @Obiora E - sometimes am not specific enough. So by 'mind' I should have specified the subconscious part of the mind: the part of us who learned to operate... every part of our physical body, including therefore also the heart.

You can easily prove this to yourself. For instance, while we type messages to one another, thoughts originate in our conscious part of the mind, what people call 'consciousness'. - But the actual physical movements needed to move... each neuron, each cell, each fiber, each muscle, each anything physical including each breath taken, & also each heartbeat, along with all the other bazillion 🙂 physical movements required to actually have us each succeed in getting our fingers to type our messages, ALL of these physical actions are co-ordinated & successfully done by our subconscious part of the mind. - So yes, it is as you said "There is a whole system in place".

• ines871
    edited September 2019

so when one goes to the site, there's a Quiz to determine Cold or Hot, Moist or Dry; that part is okay.

Then clicking on email link https://www.evolutionaryherbalism.com/2019/09/24/learning-herbs-through-experience/ one can see in the column such clickables as: ALCHEMY= a form of chemistry and speculative philosophy practiced in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance and concerned principally with discovering methods for transmuting baser metals into gold and with finding a universal solvent and a magic elixir of life.

Next ASTROLOGY = the study that assumes to interpret the influence of the heavenly bodies on human affairs.

Next MEDICAL Astrology has its roots in Greek astrology, though it fully bloomed in the Middle Ages. "Doctors all through the medieval era and Renaissance were master astrologers," Hill says, adding that, until 1666, it was required for physicians to pass astrological exams in order to practice medicine. The planets and elements of the Zodiac had roles to play in medical astrology, but the signs of the Zodiac were integral to understanding how the human body functioned at the time.

Then "Plant Spirit Medicine" is the shaman's way with plants. It recognizes that plants have spirit and that spirit is the strongest medicine. Spirit can heal the deepest reaches of the heart and soul. -

Okay some of the above may be okay... as far as Talking to, or Singing to, & interacting with plants. My first daughter often told me excitedly: "Mom, the Flowers & most plants LOVE you because they know you LOVE them. When you come near, they practically dance in the wind as you come to water them. They are so excited to see you". --- Mind you, I have never seen a "plant aura" like she does: WHAT ??

Then some Alternative therapist I took a class from, also told me: "You have a huge brilliant rainbow AURA all around you, it's like a million diamonds all through you, with no dark spots. You are full of life. No wonder you help people so successfully heal. You are a natural healer".... There's that AURA mention again. No idea what they are talking about.

as a Christian, altho as an Open-minded child of God, I am not at all sure I am in the right place in this group.

What do you think?

• shllnzl

Thus Spoke the Plant by Monica Gagliano, PhD tells of her experiments with plant intelligence.

This group is open to all of nature's (God's) wonders although we don't understand them all.

• I embrace many beliefs, well beyond gardening. There are so many perspectives on the same subject and I find that interesting. My spiritual beliefs take the nuggets of truths I find in a wide variety of religions and leave behind what does not serve my spirit. Do not feel that you are alone here @rainbow and follow your heart.

• ines871

Thanks @seeker.nancy for saying especially "Do not feel that you are alone here". It comes across as tho you Embrace 🙂me. Thank you for this.

• silvertipgrizz

I too am a christian and do not adhere to other beliefs, but I do see that many other peoples knew how to use plants to heal, and for culinary as well. I pass no judgement. I seek to learn as much as I can, all the while being true to my beliefs with out compromise. And since my purpose is to heal myself as well as others, I will remain open to learn as much as I can to that end. Kinda like what the Ancient cultures used to do, for good and for bad. I look for the good as there is still so much to learn. And appreciate so much those who teach it.

The best to you all.

• silvertipgrizz

@rainbow

Personally, I see that you belong here just like the rest of us do. We are all adults and with it seems to me the same purpose to learn, to live and to heal for the good of our communities and our world. Of course you belong here.

You were one of the first persons I chatted with here and I for one would miss you horribly if you weren't here. 😢

• ines871

Thank you too @silvertipgrizz

Not often, (but from past abuse & rejections by others elsewhere), when it seems like I'm the Odd 😯 one, sometimes I feel insecure; so thank you for saying that you too want me here. Thank you too ! God Bless...

• gennywu
    gennywu Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

Some of the oldest European herbalists were Christian nuns and monks who believed that using herbs to heal others was their calling from God. We have neglected that gift and been ungrateful for what He has given us. It is time for us to relearn the art of finding healing through nature. Not only do you belong in this group, you should feel at home here. As to the video, I found it tremendously helpful as an introduction to the herbal energetics course. Truthfully, I have been struggling with the course because the ideas are so new to me and finding this video series has been very helpful.