Best Gardening Tips!
I was recently listening to "Gardeners Question Time" a popular radio show here in the UK, and was amazed at the number of listeners phoning in with their useful gardening tips. I though it would be nice to start a thread here so we can all share our best ideas.
My top tip:
Although hedge bindweed (Calystegia sepium) with it's beautiful trumpet shaped flowers is a lovely sight, it can be a nuisance in the garden if you're trying to grow herbs or vegetables. To easily remove it, I place a tall bamboo rod close by where it grows. The bindweed will naturally gravitate towards the rod and wind itself around it. This makes it super easy to draw it to one spot and then pull up the root.
Do any other forum members have any top gardening tips to share?
This Week's Leaders
- 605 All Categories
- 21 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 29 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 211 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 387 Current Events & Breaking News
- 1K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.2K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 417 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 28 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 318 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 307 The Homestead: DIY
- 894 Personal Journals
- 79 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter