Door Draft Stopper

Linda Bittle
Linda Bittle Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

I scored some free scraps of quilted fabric and some partial bags of polyester stuffing recently. Not enough for even a lap quilt, but enough to make door draft stoppers for the front and back doors.

I just machine-sewed a tube from the quilted fabric, turned it right side out, and stuffed loosely with the polyester. Then I sewed the top closed by hand. And I added a ribbon hanger so that I can hang them on the back of the door when not needed. They are not pretty, but they do stop the drafts!

Tagged:

Comments

• SuperC
    SuperC Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

Using old concert Ts, sew them end to end, and cut where necessary having a narrow tube then I filled it with sand from a beach. Sewed all the seams, and placed it at the bottom of a door, and no more draft under the door. Use a nice-looking fabric and stuff it with what you have. There were moths at the place where I used sand, and it made the hallway appear nice, well kept, like a piece of art. Enjoy with love

• blevinandwomba
    blevinandwomba Posts: 813 ✭✭✭✭

When I was a kid my mom acquired several draft stoppers made from neckties. I think someone had made them for a craft sale/fundraiser? Anyhow, they looked like snakes. We did use them around doors in the winter, but mostly we used them for cat toys. That was fun.

• VickiP
    VickiP Posts: 586 ✭✭✭✭

I have a dog that has decided draft stoppers are chew toys, they last one season. Thanks for the reminder to put some new ones together, I need them.

• Obiora E
    Obiora E Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you everyone for the good ideas.