How Do I...?

I'm a 24 hour Newbie to this site so I am having a really difficult time trying to find a way to reply to an ongoing post already in the timeline.

Can someone please clue me in on what we do to make a direct reply to someone else's comment?

Thanks

Comments

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@greyfurball You use the @ sign and their name to get them notified to check out that thread. They will also be notified if they are the original creator of the discussion. You should see your notifications at the bell symbol at the top right of the screen near your profile.

• greyfurball
    greyfurball Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭

@shllnzl thanks so much for the info.. I hate it when someone asks or comments to me and I can not return the favor.

• shllnzl

@greyfurball You're welcome. I'm still learning to use the site myself.

• KarenBeesley
    KarenBeesley Posts: 14 ✭✭✭

purrfect. me too a newbie and i was trying to figure it out. and hadn't gotten into the help yet. such a big wonderful site. thank you moderators!!!

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SuperC
    SuperC Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

@greyfurball how are your posts and replys coming? I’ve read some of your posts and replied to them so you must be getting the h@ng of all of the technicalities.

• greyfurball
    greyfurball Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭

@teachercaryn it's going much better but I'm now stuck at one more thing and I haven't been able to find a work around for that.

When I want to make a list which needs bullet points, since they don't give us that option in our editing features I just drop down and hit the space bar a few times and type #1. Then when I hit return it starts the bullet format only it prints #1 again. No matter how I've tried I can't change that second #1 to a number 2 without losing the bullet format.

Dumb but there's got to be some trick I haven't figured out yet.

• shllnzl

@greyfurball I typed up the 15 herbs from Rosemary Gladstar's Summit presentation. I expected to have to type each number, but the system did it for me starting with number 2. You could look up that comment and see if I typed something in a different format than you did. All I know is it worked.