Spicy, "Under The Weather" Hot Chocolate Recipe

Spicy Hot Chocolate

One cup of organic half-and-half

One tablespoon organic pumpkin pie spice

A dash of organic Cayenne pepper

A dash or 2 of organic tumeric

One tablespoon of Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips

1/2 teaspoon organic Vanilla extract

Add it all together, except vanilla extract, and slowly warm it on the stove, stirring constantly, until It's the right temperature to drink. Put the vanilla extract in a cup and pour the warm hot chocolate in on top of it. Stir and enjoy.

Comments

• pamelamackenzie
    pamelamackenzie Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the incentive to make hot chocolate. I added pumpkin puree to mine. I also used a cup of water for the liquid since I am out of milk and half/half. I microwaved for a minute, stirred, and then microwaved 1 more minute. I liked your combination of spices.

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good Morning again @one.ette

I dearly LOVE "Hot chocolate" 🤩 drinks

so - since I avoid all dairy (except for Goat's cheese like https://www.vermontcreamery.com/products/fresh-goat-cheese/ )

Am wondering - would COCONUT milk also work in this recipe ?

I stock all kinds of Coconut...everythings in our 10by10 ft. pantry like there is no tomorrow, lol

• smockv
    smockv Posts: 44 ✭✭✭

@rainbow I also LOVE anything chocolate, and hot is an extreme fav! Coconut milk is very tasty in this recipe as is Almond milk. I am hoping to have enough chips left to try a 50/50 of each.... But I just can't seem to leave the bag...

I can say that is also very tasty made with Goat milk.

(This recipe would also work with Powdered milk)

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you so much @smockv for the recommendations...-

And tho I would love to be able to $$ Sign-up for the "Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips", for now I have to contend with Nestle's semi-sweet chips, or a Powdered kind. -

Would you please say What other kinds of chocolate are recommended ? - I would also Truly appreciate this. Thanks.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,575 admin

@rainbow I would use non dutch processed cocoa powder with a touch of raw honey added. My pumpkin pie spice consists of my own mix. I also use raw milk from our cows. I know dairy isn't your choice, but we have our own grass fed cows & love their milk!

Hmm...I am thinking that maple syrup would be a wonderful sweetener if using cocoa powder. 😋

If you have turmeric, a touch of coconut oil & pepper should also be added to increase bioavailability.

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I add turmeric, cinnamon and a bit of pepper to my morning coffee. It tastes good that way.

• sallyhoward
    sallyhoward Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

sounds delicious!