Natasha Clarke – The Poetry Of Rose Medicine

System
System Posts: 121 admin
edited October 2019 in Home Medicine Summit 2019

Join The Discussion With Your Insights, Revelations, And Epiphanies Below

Comments

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

Good morning! I am super curious for your feedback on Natasha's style... it is different!

• DeeperEating
    DeeperEating Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

I'm super interested in doing more with rose! It's easy to grow and harvest and save and I like the idea of mostly making medicine from things I can grow myself or source locally.

The style of this presentation was definitely different, but I like it well enough. Gave me a lot of interest in diving in deeper in my own studies of using rose.

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Roses and poetry are a part of romance.

The rose as muse to the philosopher.

Rose and thorns represent the highs and lows of life. Rose bushes can entangle you, yet provide goodness.

Rose fragrance raises spirit.

Rose medicine is both powerful and destructive to the bad things, and supportive and gentle to the good things.

(I am getting a strong urge to make some rose brandy.)

• Linda Bittle
    Linda Bittle Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was different. I did learn a bit, and it was good to listen to as I had my supper after work. Thank you!

• Mary
    Mary Posts: 2

That was beautiful! I really enjoyed it. I am definitely making rose brandy next year. Thank you Natasha!

• Katrina
    Katrina Posts: 9 ✭✭✭

Roses have always represented love, beauty and thoughts of poetry. A dichotomy of beauty and thorns. A beautiful way to make a statement about conditions of the world. Her explanation of putting rose petals in a dish in the sun reminds me of Bach Flower Remedies.

her presentation seems to tell us a story line of her life which was a unique way to introduce us to the herbal magnificence of the rose. True rose oil is quite expensive and takes pounds and pounds of petals to make one pure ounce.

the removal of the root explanation took me to how important it is to sustain the mother nest . Natasha is definitely an old soul expressed in today’s culture. Her presentation is an extremely poetic expression of herbal qualities.

loved this presentation and the healing feelings that came through.

• vickeym
    vickeym Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very different way to present. Unfortunately for me, I have never been a big fan of poetry and found this one hard to get through. I love the ideas for using rose petals and am quite pleased others found the poetry calming or helful. That they felt the romance and such with it. I guess I just don't have that romantic bone.

• jandicelis
    jandicelis Posts: 6 ✭✭✭

Different and beautiful presentation, really enjoy the poetry while learning. My almost centennial rose is in bloom now and we have a long relationship together so tomorrow i will definetly be picking sone petals. Thank you!!

• merlin44
    merlin44 Posts: 426 ✭✭✭✭

Loved Natasha's presentation of this gentle warrior plant, how she wove together the practical with the energy of rose.

So often we attempt to know herbs in the same way allopathic medicine is practiced. No doubt, it is of value to know this plant has these qualities to produce these results. But to delve further-into one's relationship with a herb, what the herb itself is telling/teaching, we step further into the world of healing, into the world of a true Wise Woman.

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 11 ✭✭✭

What an awesome presentation! I am in a journey to learn how to know and nurish myself as much as to learn to make medicine, and Natasha offers both in such a personal way. Thank you.

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

I'm getting a strong urge to make some rose brandy too! LOL

• herbantherapy
    herbantherapy Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭

@Marjory Wildcraft This was the BEST! I listened TWICE! My personal practice with clients is connecting human nature to Mother Nature and this presentation just warmed my heart SO much💖

• Obiora E
    Obiora E Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭

I enjoyed listening to her talk. I started the video last Thursday and finished it this afternoon (thankfully before the video replay ended). I enjoyed the mix of poetry, "sense of place," and how she weaved in the different uses of rose.

We have wild roses growing on our farm and I harvested rose hips last year. I am hoping to harvest more this year and to get there early enough to harvest petals next year. From the looks of it we have at least two different species.

• mshatzen69
    mshatzen69 Posts: 1

Being in Portland, Oregon metro (Portland is "The City of Roses") and we have world-famous Rose test gardens here, I have many rose bushes in the garden of the home we moved to 2 years ago. HOWEVER, as an organic gardener, it pains me to say that the garden had NOT been kept Organic by previous owners!

I am doing my own gardening in containers. Does Natasha know (or does anyone else know), HOW LONG do I have to WAIT to "clear" any poisons from the Rose plants and also from my Soil???

Many of these roses are probably 40 years old and they are very vibrant. However, I KNOW they were using all kinds of chemicals on them, because we had to clear out all that hazardous material, still, when we moved in.

I would love to feel I could use these plants, but I have given them a wide berth. I hope Natasha, Marjorie or one of the other experts could help. Thanks so much!!

• gyplea
    gyplea Posts: 2

Poetry annoys me so much that I miss anything of value - it doesn't belong in this summit. Otherwise this is a good summit.