System
System Posts: 121 admin
edited October 2019 in Home Medicine Summit 2019

Join The Discussion With Your Insights, Revelations, And Epiphanies Below

Comments

• sarah121
    sarah121 Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Thank you for having me along to present at your summit guys!

Just a heads up that there's more information about this topic on my website which can be found at https://alchemilla.co/

Please feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions and I'll do my very best to answer!

• Adele
    Adele Posts: 18

Hi Sarah,

I really enjoyed your herbs for liver health presentation. I have had issues with environmental/metal toxins and believe in keeping one healthy in the best natural means. I have been challenged with IBS (after food poisoning), hard to digest meat proteins (genetics) along with occasional kidney/gallstones and liver sluggishness. Fortunately, I have embraced the dandelion plant and have been rewarded with feeling better digestion. My breakfast usually starts with a delicious salad from my organic spray free lawn topped with select veggies from my garden and tossed with a raw honey apple cider (with the mother) dressing. The greens are also great if you like tacos, or nachos with beans and onions - just replace half of the traditional lettuce with the dandelion greens. I find this is great to calm down any extra bean gas that one may find as a "side effect" from the meal consumed. Smiles, Kathy

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

Oh Kathy @kv393 I appreciate that tip about reducing gas...

• Marjory Wildcraft

Hi @sarah@alchemilla.co glad to see you online!

• genaeliza
    genaeliza Posts: 3 ✭✭✭

This was a nice lecture! I had my gallbladder removed 20 years ago. Will this flush be good for me? I'm not sure if I can increase bile production any more.

• sarah121

@kv393 Hi Kathy! Thanks so much for your kind comments! Dandelions are such an all round fantastic medicine and so abundant - we should all be eating more of them! I've never thought of eating greens with beans in tacos. That's a super idea and one I'll have to try. What a great tip! I really appreciate you taking time out to watch the presentation and share your thoughts. Wishing you well on your healing journey, and smiling right back at you :)

• sarah121

@susieg293 Thank you so much for taking time out to watch the video! I hope it was helpful for you. I probably wouldn't recommend doing the flush if you've had an operation to remove your gallbladder. However, including more bitter foods in your diet is always going to be beneficial, I'd also suggest trying a gentle liver tonic like dandelion. It's really easy to make your own home made tincture, why not give it a whirl! Thanks again for your super kind and positive comments. It's great to connect with such inspired, switched on folks!

• sarah121

Thanks for inviting me Marjory! I hope you're enjoying the summit! It's great to have so many fantastic people to learn from. You've done a great job!

• Bonnie
    Bonnie Posts: 9

Hi Sarah,

Thank you so much for all this information. I really appreciated how you explained the functions of the organs and how each herb, and each ingredient i the detox drink works. Thanks for explaining the importance of each ingredient in the detox drink. Just one question - how often would one detox their liver? I have fatty liver, but not something serious and I'm not on any medications. Would I detox once a week? A month?

Thank you again!

Eva

PS How would I get the PDF? I can't find it on the Grow site. Thanks!

• sarah121

Hello @badgeretto that's a fabulous question! I recommend that the first time you give it a go, take a day where you don't have a lot to do and can rest. See how this feels, and how intense the experience is so you can gauge how you want to go forward.

If you're feeling okay after this first time, I'd give yourself a short break of a few days and then perhaps try doing a couple of days in a row. Once you get the feel for flushing, you can try for longer periods of time. I wouldn't recommend doing it for more than ten days at a time without having a break though as it can be depleting. You can do a short flush whenever you feel the need for a little reboot. I tend to do it once at the start of each season, and perhaps if I'm feeling a little sluggish and in need of a pick me up. Use your own judgement and go with how your body feels.

I can happily get on a short call with you if you want to give it a whirl and are in need of some guidance. It really is beneficial for helping with fatty liver, alongside using herbs and making a few small lifestyle adjustments. I hope I've helped, but feel free to get in touch at any time if you have questions. Have a fabulous evening!

• sarah121

@badgeretto there are full instructions in the PDF, you can get it by following this link: http://alchemilla.co/liver-detox-offer/ any problems feel free to drop me a line!

• Bonnie
    Bonnie Posts: 9

Thank you Sarah! Your guidance means so much! I am so looking forward to learning how to make the bone broth that is aimed to helping the liver.

I have signed up to be on your mailing list as well. :)

Thank you again!

• sarah121

@badgeretto I really appreciate that. The bone broth recipe is fabulous for gut health and digestion, and so easy to do in a crock-pot (but do leave the windows open as it can leave quite a strong "aroma" !!!)

I hope you enjoy the newsletter and find something of interest in there to help you on your wellness journey. Thank you again for taking time out of your busy day to connect :)

• sonbyrd
    sonbyrd Posts: 29 ✭✭✭

Thanks for this great presentation. All very helpful.

Having trouble finding the .pdf at the moment, but I'll keep looking. Does the .pdf have the recipe for the liver detox drink?

Thanks.

• sarah121

Thank you for your kind comments. You can access the PDF via the link below.

It contains all the information and recipes for the talk. If you have any issues at all, please feel free to get in touch!

• Marjory Wildcraft

Thank you @sarah@alchemilla.co - wow, there is a lot of engagement here. We must all have liver issues LOL I know I do....

• Lynda
    Lynda Posts: 3

I'm so very grateful to Ms. Sarah for sharing this information! And thank you Marjory for finding this "Jewel" and providing the means for her to share with us! I've opted to get her freebie download and hope to make good use of it. And am going to explore her website and if I'm lucky, even connect with the "Great Lady" herself (if need be!) So grateful to you both!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

• blevinandwomba
    blevinandwomba Posts: 813 ✭✭✭✭

I was really happy to see this video. I have hormone issues like pms, as well as digestive issues. I've been researching natural solutions for these problems for a while now, and everything seems to point back to the liver.

I knew bitter things were good for the liver, but several of those listed were new to me. Lots of my favorite foods are also good for my liver- yay! I'd heard of using lemon juice, but not the peel. Funny thing is, my calomondin tree, (a miniature, very sour mandarin orange) produced a few early fruits. They've been languishing on the table, as they weren't enough to cook with. Right after watching the video, I noticed one and ate it whole on the spot. I usually eat a few that way, but save most of them for recipes. Now that I know the benefits, I'll be eating a lot more that way.

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

Totally Agree. @Marjory Wildcraft you are doing a Fantastic job! Really, the whole world needs to know these truths,.. Somehow am going to buy this Summit to share with everyone in my circle of Influence... and @sarah@alchemilla.co Sarah, you are so very Delightful... !. I LOVE your accent. - And tho I know pretty much what you do about the Liver's countless jobs, that you walk people thru a Liver-Flush is just priceless !! Thank you ever so much. Both of you !

• sarah121

@rainbow @Lisa Mrozinski thank you both for your kind comments. I appreciate you!

• sarah121

@blevinandwomba helping your liver goes a long way towards helping your whole system. I'm glad you found the video helpful. Wow, I don't think I could eat the rind from a whole mandarin though - Just a small piece is enough to experience the bitter flavour. Please don't eat too much! Good luck with your healing journey, and thank you for taking the time to watch the presentation and share your comments.

• sarah121

@Marjory Wildcraft thanks Marjory. The liver is such an amazing organ with so many jobs to do, giving it a little helping hand really does have a wide reaching effect throughout the whole body. I appreciate your comments.

• Katrina
    Katrina Posts: 9 ✭✭✭

Great presentation. I have been denouncing the killing of weeds for more years than I care to count. Keep up the good fight. Save our weeds.

• sarah121

Weeds are our unsung heroes! Just last week I delivered a herbal prescription to a lady who couldn't get out of the house. Growing right there on her porch was a big bunch of yellow dock - one of the herbs in her mix! What we need is often growing right in front of our eyes, and yet we don't stop to look or aren't able to recognise it. I hope this presentation inspires you go out out and find those liver loving plants! Blessing to you for watching and for sharing your thoughts.

• blevinandwomba
    blevinandwomba Posts: 813 ✭✭✭✭

@sarah@alchemilla.co Don't worry, calamondins are very small. Usually ping-pong ball sized or smaller. This was just a little bigger than a kumquat. Also, the peel is very thin - about equal amount zest and pith. Here's a link if you want to see what I'm talking about

Also, I was grocery shopping today when I had a minor epiphany. I tried out the keto diet for about 9 weeks this past winter, and decided it was not for me(bad digestion, constant unbalanced electrolytes, ick.). However, I did see a little improvement with my hormonal issues. I had been attributing that to some of the foods I was not eating, like wheat. That may still be the case. However, while I was taking a pack of radishes off the shelf I thought of how many of them I ate on keto- and dark greens, cabbage, green onions. I was determined to stay veggie-centric while on keto, so those ultra-low carb vegetables were my staples. I realized today that the vegetables I ate constantly were some of the most liver healthy. So, I am going to try to nudge more of them back into my diet, and see what happens

• KarynPennington
    KarynPennington Posts: 9 ✭✭✭

I also really enjoyed your talk and love your accent.

I like that your flush recipe seems so palatable. Some others that I've seen are a several day process involving epsom salts to which I say no thank you.

It's apple season here and I think I have everything available to give it a whirl this weekend. I don't have any specific reason for doing it other than I never have and probably need to.

Thanks again for offering it.

• KarynPennington
    KarynPennington Posts: 9 ✭✭✭

I've done the liver flush 3 x now (Sat/Sun and Wed). With the ingredients, I thought it couldn't be that bad, but not only was it not bad, it was delicious! Also, I didn't really have any adverse effects other than a 2 hour nap on Sunday (i'm a 20 minute napper, if at all). I probably should have rested more -- Saturday I did yard work and yesterday I worked (office), but Sunday was pretty low key. I assume this is a mild liver stimulator as opposed to a hearty detox. Other than the tiredness, should I have experienced anything else? I had 2 normal eliminations, but nothing other than normal.

I could easily see doing this once a month, just because it tastes good!

• sarah121

@KarynPennington thanks for your super kind comments Karyn. I'm really glad you enjoyed the flush and found it to be beneficial. I also think it tastes yummy (but I do find a lot of things nice that others would curl their toes at!) It is quite a deep process for those who really need it so perhaps you already have a super healthy liver!

I've found that you can experience different effects at different times. For example, when I first learned about this method as a teenager, I was suffering from bad acne and irregular painful periods. When I first did the flush it had a huge effect and it took me a while to adjust to the fact that I needed to take more care of my body. I must have been flooded with hormones and liver qi stagnation for it to have such an impact. I've tried the flush many times since and had lots of different experiences, from solving my IBS, to mild tiredness, to helping ease peri-menopausal anxiety. The liver does so many jobs, it's hard for us to believe the effect it has when it's under par.

So my theory is this; Not only does everyone achieve different results, it also depends on where you are at with your life when you do it. Maybe try again in a couple of months, or ask a friend to have a go and compare?

Isn't the body an amazing thing? Nature medicine works to put us in the place we need to be without over riding or suppressing symptoms. I can never see how conventional medicine could achieve this same effect - but I guess that's why I became an herbalist :)

I'd love to hear thoughts from anyone else who tried the flush. Was the result what you expected?

• sarah121

@badgeretto I forgot to say where you can get hold of the PDF. It's here:

https://alchemilla.co/herb-store/herbs-for-liver-health/