Brendan Kelly – Healing Lyme Disease Naturally

System
System Posts: 121 admin
edited October 2019 in Home Medicine Summit 2019

Join The Discussion With Your Insights, Revelations, And Epiphanies Below

Comments

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

GOod morning! Brendan should be online to answer your questions soon.

• Lynn
    Lynn Posts: 16

Hello everyone. Looking forward to answering any questions you may have.

• Rachel
    Rachel Posts: 2

Hi Brendan, thanks for the presentation, it was very interesting indeed. You talked about using diaphoretic (but cooling) herbs, particularly in relation to stage 1 Lyme. Do you have any other herbs, particularly western herbs, that you like to use for clearing phlegm and digestive issues typical of stage 3?

• Lynn

Hi Julian, At the first stage of Lyme, I often use cooling diaphoretics like Boneset and Yarrow. For digestive heat, I use herbs like Echinacea root and maybe Goldenseal (though not too much as it can create dampness.) For the dampness itself, depending on the person, moistening herbs like Burdock can be effective as the dampness can come from dryness. I also use drying herbs like Elecampagne.

• Jim
    Jim Posts: 2

Hi Brendan

Thank you so much! For the first time tcm makes sense to me. I've had lyme for about 5 years now. I drink burdock,teasel reishi,astragalus and milkthistle I am allot better already but it comes and goes the low energy joint pain a lot of uti 's & endometriosis and dry eyes...any suggestions? I live in south Africa and natural medicine is limited I try to grow my own herbs where possible and self treat.

Thank you so much for your time and precious knowledge.

Lizelle

• rlhcgkh
    rlhcgkh Posts: 3 ✭✭✭

Interesting overview and system. I understand it can be applied to many modern conditions. Are there also other motions in Chinese theory that result in illness where you are trying to increase heat or bring the energy down? If one is in the heat to wind cycle does it ever clear to where you can again eat spicy foods or does propensity require continual vigilance? And what might one consider to modify wind besides heavier meats and non spicy root vegetables? I really do appreciate the clarity in the differences of ways of looking at things.

• Lynn

Hi Liz,

Glad that you're starting to feel better.

While I am confident that Chinese medicine could be of help, without more specific clinical information I wouldn't be able to offer more specific recommendations. The most effective herbs are person specific.

The ideas I present in the talk are the one's I use to treat the different stages of Lyme.

I hope you continue to feel better.

Brendan

• Lynn

Hi Patricia,

There are many. many different traditions in Chinese medicine. One major one is the School of Cold which does assume that increasing warmth is part of healing. A major perspective I use clinically is the School of Heat which focuses on clearing heat and increasing Yin. From that perspective, eating cooling foods and avoiding spicy/heating foods in important ongoing.

And the best foods I know of to root wind are non-spicy root vegetables and root meats like beef and pork.

• Lynn

Hi Julian, At the first stage of Lyme, I often use cooling diaphoretics like Boneset and Yarrow. For digestive heat, I use herbs like Echinacea root and maybe Goldenseal (though not too much as it can create dampness.) For the dampness itself, depending on the person, moistening herbs like Burdock can be effective as the dampness can come from dryness. I also use drying herbs like Elecampagne.

• Lynn

Hi Patricia,

There are many. many different traditions in Chinese medicine. One major one is the School of Cold which does assume that increasing warmth is part of healing. A major perspective I use clinically is the School of Heat which focuses on clearing heat and increasing Yin. From that perspective, eating cooling foods and avoiding spicy/heating foods in important ongoing.

And the best foods I know of to root wind are non-spicy root vegetables and root meats like beef and pork.

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Brendan Kelly There appear to be as many "ideas, & theories, & approaches" as there are unwanted conditions. During 4 decades working within the 'allopathic' model pretty much from the start it was apparent they are clueless; & thus people search elsewhere. This is where Dr.Klinghardt MD, & others sharing like work with the varying expressions of Sclerosis... come in, as they find that many such wheelchair-stuck folks also have Lyme, but treat it from a somewhat different perspective. - Question: as some treated 'patients's symptoms are managed with 1 philosophy, while other clients recover health with a different methodology; How much do you think the Placebo-effect comes into play here? - iow, where the affected person will believe something will get them their Desired outcome(s) soo much, that in fact it does succeed ?

• Lynn

Hi, I do think that different people respond to different treatment approaches. In my experience, a very wide range of people can respond well to Chinese medicine in general and to Lyme treatments in particular. As far as placebo, I do believe that people's perspective does affect there healing and western studies and the long history of Chinese medicine indicates that acupuncture and herbs is much more than placebo.

• ines871

Hi again @Brendan Kelly Thanks for responding. -

Being chronically-paralyzed is a condition that has touched our family too, & I have met my match as it were. - This family member is willing to try different things including any # of HERBS & many! Supplements. But as a fundamentalist Christian, - would not support 'Eastern'-medicine. So it is a life-changing journey...

• Jim
    Jim Posts: 2

Hi Brendan

What if your body temperature is really cold?cold hands and feet all the time,do you still need to focus on clearing heat(cold herbs)?

Thanks so much!

• Lynn

Hi Liz, That's a good question. If someone feels very cold it's possible that warming herbs are needed. It's also possible that cooling herbs are still needed as sometimes the heat can consume the energy/Qi of the body. I've treated many people who felt cold and tired and where cooling herbs were very helpful

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Brendan Kelly

Thank you so much for your teaching!

I have a question regarding diagnosis of lyme disease.

When I was bit by the tick that is known to carry lyme, I went to a doctor and asked him to test to see if I had acquired lyme disease. At first he argued that I probably did not have it, but I persisted that I did not want to find out I had lyme by being real sick with the symptoms I would have if I could not be dx and then treated in a timely manner.

So he ordered blood work. At first I was semi satisified, but I ALWAYS do my own research and I found in some literature that the way to make a dx was to have a tissue sample analyzed. By that time I was not sick and remain without symptoms but am concerned that too many practionioners like a fast way out of having to deal with a disease they know little about. Not sure, but why would any practitioner skirt around the straight path to diagnosiing and waste the patients time, risk deterioration of health and quality of life. So please tell us the ways, or way that lyme should be ruled out regarding diagnostics.

Thank you again so much for your presentation that is truely eye opening, and that there is a way to cure lyme.

By the way, I had the bulls eye sign which is why I insisted that he test for lyme.

• Lynn

Hi,

If you had a bulls eye rash, that is a very strong indication that you had Lyme. And it's very possible to heal Lyme if that bulls eyes rash appears.

In terms of diagnostics, in my opinion western medicine is not structured to diagnose and treat multi-organ, multi-system conditions like Lyme. Again in my opinion, many western practitioners don't feel comfortable diagnosing and treating Lyme because they don't have an effective way to understand and treat it.

The tests for Lyme are inexact at best and many of them have false negative results. There is a test where you can send a tick to the University of Massachusetts lab to see if it has the Lyme bacteria. However, being bitten by a tick with Lyme does not mean you will develop Lyme.

And in my experience, all stage of Lyme are very treatable. We don't rely much on western tests in general and treat a Chinese medicine understanding of the condition.

• Lynn

Hi,

If you had a bulls eye rash, that is a very strong indication that you had Lyme. And it's very possible to heal Lyme if that bulls eyes rash appears.

In terms of diagnostics, in my opinion western medicine is not structured to diagnose and treat multi-organ, multi-system conditions like Lyme. Again in my opinion, many western practitioners don't feel comfortable diagnosing and treating Lyme because they don't have an effective way to understand and treat it.

The tests for Lyme are inexact at best and many of them have false negative results. There is a test where you can send a tick to the University of Massachusetts lab to see if it has the Lyme bacteria. However, being bitten by a tick with Lyme does not mean you will develop Lyme.

And in my experience, all stage of Lyme are very treatable. We don't rely much on western tests in general and treat a Chinese medicine understanding of the condition.

• ines871

Hi,

So to be sure: "Too many false negative results", means that at least 1-2 tests would be true Positive, right?

And since "being bitten by a Lyme-infected tick, does Not mean one gets Lyme", that's like an Immune response, & IF/when the person's Immune-system is Strong-enough, then such Individuals do NOT develop the complications, correct ?

In that case, still trying to understand how treating it with Cold-&-Hot would empower... an individual's IMMUNE-system ?

Can you please explain?

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin

So now, reading carefully and reading your comment: "being bitten by a tick with Lyme does not mean you will develop Lyme." Why would that be? This is a fascinating statement. How can this be (assuming that thus said person is not treated)? Also, at some point, could this same person develop it if bit again in the future by another Lyme carrying tick?

• Lynn

Hi again, If someone is in balance then if something like Lyme is introduced into the body they may have an ability to deal with the issue before it presents. And yes part of this is about the health of the persons immunity but there are many other issues in the body that can prevent the person from developing Lyme. And for Chinese medicine, address ingheat/cold/dampness/dry is a way to treat disease, promote health and prevent sickness

• Lynn

Hi Laurie, From my understanding of Lyme, it is possible to be bitten by a tick and not develop Lyme. Part of what prevents Lyme development is the person;'s immune system and there are other systems and organs that prevent Lyme as well. And yes, if someone is bitten by a tick carrying Lyme if they are biten again they could develop the condition at a later date.

• Lynn

Hi again, It's not a guarantee that future Lyme tests will be accurate. Lyme tests are well known to be inaccurate.

• ines871

Thanks again. - So re "yes part of this is about the health of the persons immunity, but there are many other issues in the body that can prevent the person from developing Lyme."

For example can you name maybe 4 specific conditions ?, (aside Strong immunity) that a person's body can use... to NOT develop Lyme.

• Dilek
    Dilek Posts: 3

This is great information, thank you!

• Hi,

I tried to order your book "The Yin and Yang of Climate Crisis" by Brendan Kelly and get the 50% discount, I get an error message instead as follows:\

Can anyone assist?

Regards. Li (contact email - lima29na@gmail.com)

• Lynn

Hi Li,

The link was just re-added so it should be working now. If not, please let me know.

• Lynn

HI again,

From the holistic view of Chinese medicine, all of the body systems and all of the organs can directly or indirectly support immunity.