Uncertainty Clouds China’s Commitment to U.S. Farm Purchases

Ruth Reyes-Loiacano
Ruth Reyes-Loiacano Posts: 12 ✭✭✭

"China has promised to buy more U.S. farm products, but questions remain over how much, the time frame for purchases, and what the U.S. might have to give in return."

Thoughts on this?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/doubts-persist-over-chinas-commitment-to-u-s-farm-purchases-11571218201

Comments

• greyfurball
    greyfurball Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry but my first impression on reading your comments was "Here we go again. A boatload of lies and misconceptions coming out of the mouth of our POTUS."

That guy never says the truth... he just whitewashes everything he says to paint a pretty picture, mainly of himself.

I'll be kind though and not get into politics and his way of doing business.

• merlin44
    merlin44 Posts: 426 ✭✭✭✭

Uncertainty clouds the future of all we've known, I have little faith in any "deal" the politicians offer, it seems the details hidden never benefit the American people.

@greyfurball My first impression, and usually my last, is ALL of Washington D.C. and most state capitals are full of people who speak a language of lies and misconceptions, seeking only power and the almighty dollar for themselves. George Carlin was correct- it's a club and we ain't members.

• greyfurball
    greyfurball Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭

@merlin44 yes what you say is true... it is and always will be one great big club. That part is human nature.

But we all know that and thru the years (that I have been on this Earth) even politics in D.C. has had some standards. When anyone in any position was stretching the line in their position , yes there was a backlash and there was consequences in most situations.

But now, read between the lines of what we see, what we hear and what is done and I just don't see the consequences any more of disciplinary action. And I am not just talking about one individual in this country (you've all figured out by now I am not a fan of this president) but the problems extend to many areas of our govt. so this is not a partisan issue. I believe it's just a loss or lack of morals in the current human environment.

So to simplify Ruth Reyes-Loaicano original comment, I believe she was asking what we believe is going to happen in regard to China's promises to purchase our farmed goods. And in this scenario I believe we are going to hear our POTUS singing the praises of how he himself made this happen. But the reality, just look at the scenario with North Korea and how it is playing out.

And that is what I believe is going to happen.

Merlin44, I realize I really did not answer your comment but as I originally said in my first comment I'm trying real hard to leave politics out of this conversation. This is just not the forum for it.