Dr. Nicola Dehlinger – The Inner Game To Reduce Stress And Anxiety

System
System Posts: 121 admin
edited October 2019 in Home Medicine Summit 2019

Join The Discussion With Your Insights, Revelations, And Epiphanies Below

Comments

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

Since I've re-connected to meditation a few years back, it has helped me tremendously.

• Steven
    Steven Posts: 6

I LOVED this presentation! I’ve been in therapy for anxiety for 6 months and Dr. Nicola’s message is exactly what my therapist tells me during our sessions. So 6 months of therapy was perfectly summed up in this talk! Crazy! Thank you so much, Dr. Nicola!

• Heather
    Heather Posts: 6 ✭✭✭

I want my daughter to come home Right Now so she can listen in. She and so many of her friendS will benefit from Dr. Nicholas's good wisdom! Thanks for being here at the summit, dear Doctor!

• GEORGINA
    GEORGINA Posts: 5 ✭✭✭

My Inner critic, is an outer critic. I don't have to be on myself. I have family that does the job for me. My inner "critic" actually tells me that I can do ............, that I am capable of doing ...... that I can do this or that & to show them.

The best help my last therapist/counselor did to help me, was to introduce me to Brene' Brown's Youtube video's. She has some great one's that cover anxiety topic & many other.

So, far the presentation is good. My inner child, digs her heels in or toes in (like a runner) & keeps me determined to prove everyone who appears to be against me, wrong. That I am smarter then they think I am, stronger then they think (& sometimes stronger then I think), more capable & self-sufficient then those closer to me think of me. 🙂 My inner child is also the inner adult. Just depends on the situation.

• Linda Bittle
    Linda Bittle Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another good one! I only have time to listen to one presentation tonight, and I'm glad I picked this one.

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Marjory Wildcraft The essence of what Nicola shared is so very True. -- As a young child I had some Defining moments where I stood up, faced the Critical/Outer adult & said : "I am Not what or who you say I am, I am just wonderful as I am. And whether or not you accept & love me, doesn't matter. It doesn't matter because I Love me." - This self-acceptance, & self-love is 1 of my biggest Resources & strengths, as it true for anyone else too. - And because of this I am Free to learn... & grow & progress, plus apologize for when I make mistakes. Mistakes are just "missed-takes" that we can correct.

I have worked as a Counselor, & "without herbs or medicines" empowered... people their emotions heal....

And you did Excellently well in your presentation Dr. Nicola Dehlinger 🤗

• Boone Wyatt
    Boone Wyatt Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

Thank you so much for your wise words. They have touched me deeply, and am full of emotion. I will endeavour to put into practice what you have suggested, and I love me anyway :))

• VitalVegan
    VitalVegan Posts: 11

i find that meditation can be such a blessing!!! it's often the simplest things that have the most impact.... :-)

• VitalVegan

fantastic! isn't it interesting that when we're learning new ways of being, the universe shows up to offer recognition and support?!??! Thanks for taking the time to listen!

• VitalVegan

you are so welcome! Thanks for sharing this with the next generation!! :-)

• VitalVegan

I love Brene Brown, too. She is a huge teacher for me!

And, when your inner child digs her heels in to "prove" that she is super capable, i would invite you to try to listen to her and send her loving compassion as she's still trying to prove herself - has anyone (i.e. you!?!?!) told her she doesn't have to prove anything to anyone? That she is amazing and valuable just by being herself?? xo

• VitalVegan

I'm so glad you picked this one too! thanks for being here and showing up for YOU!

• VitalVegan

thanks for being here, Sally! and yes, it's all about practice - not perfect. if you love you no matter what, you're doing EXACTLY what's required!! xo

• VitalVegan

YES YES YES!! exactly right on. EVERYTHING flows from the place of unconditional self-love - that really is the only answer. And exactly right that we get to practice that and develop it - just like any other skill, habit or muscle! Sending love and light!

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi again - it is from this 'UNconditional love' center, that I was able to guide... a 52 year old man (whose entire life was in shambles from uncontrolled rage), to START life as he desperately wished to live his, in a mere hour of therapy (This was my Exam for graduating from NLP-school). - Further using hypnosis I helped a (decade wheelchair-bound) child BELIEVE wholeheartedly to grow nerves, such that she could move her legs on her own. She achieved this in a few months. - Also using NLP I talked a person out of a coma. -- And during the decades prior to NLP, plus Hypnosis trainings, I helped children imprisoned in 2 psych hospitals, to naturally Calm down, & Adapt to those horrifically insane institutions, until they could Free themselves. I LOVE helping... people.

Does that mean I don't ever go negative/upset, or worse ? - Sadly not. I am not "perfect", nor will I ever be this. But my over-all M.O. is to want to HUG most people. And few experiences bring me more Genuine JOY than to Empower... yet another being to self-accept, & self-love, & self-heal & thus Live... the life of their Finest dreams much like you @drnicola

• GEORGINA
    GEORGINA Posts: 5 ✭✭✭

Oh Dr. Nicola, My inner critic isn't a bad critic, I have outside sources for that (ie family). My inner critic doesn't let me give up on myself, it's more of a protector when I have someone (whether spouse, parent, sibling, stranger, etc) telling me or treating me like I'm not smart enough to do something, build something, make something or don't know what I'm talking about.

When I get down on myself & start believing the critic's in the arena sitting, then my inner critic, steps out & says BS!! Watch this.... And helps to remind me that I am capable. I do thank her for the reminder & for being there.

Now on couple occasions, the inner 3 or 5 yr old has come out, Stomped her foot & said No more, can't do it, had enough & that's usually when I've dealt with some traumatic stress/turmoil. Which thankfully has been probably twice in the last few years. :) Thankfully the child critic shows up few & far between. But my inner critic....occasionally is a pain & I tell her "gee, thanks for the support & help, now let's grab a hold of our boot straps & pull ourselves up & get 'er done". So, mostly good critic, on occasion we've been beat down that's it just easier to stay there. But we seldom do. lol we're a work in progress.

alli :o)

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,573 admin

Me too...but it is certainly negative sometimes and some of that is experience induced, both family & non.

I find this little child also likes to say, "Aw, I dont want to do ____(dishes)____ right now!" That is when I make "her" do the dishes or whatever else. She also complains that she doesn't want to go to bed early. 😉 "She" is a stubborn one.