Pamela Spence – Gathering Autumn – Herbs For Support In Fall And Winter

System
System Posts: 121 admin
edited October 2019 in Home Medicine Summit 2019

Join The Discussion With Your Insights, Revelations, And Epiphanies Below

Comments

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

Hi Pamela, when that first blast of cold air announced Summer was over I thought, I've got to start shifting my body over. Hmm, I just went to download your ebook and the link goes to your homepage... I'll check with you offline to see if we can get it to go directly to the ebook. BRB

• Linda Bittle
    Linda Bittle Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

I listened to this one while switching out the summer clothes for the winter ones this morning. It started snowing about 9 am, so I figured it was a good time to get that chore done. A nice presentation. Thank you!

• PamelaSpence
    PamelaSpence Posts: 9 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone!

• PamelaSpence

Thanks for your comment. Happy to have given you some company during your tasks! Wow... snow already!

• gennywu
    gennywu Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

I really loved this presentation. It was so clear and easy to follow - also a great balance of information and practical application. Thanks for this!

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Hi PamelaSpence - New to such processes, Thank you for sharing with us the steps of (dandelion, burdock, inula & marshmellow) Roots harvest, Gently wash, Sliver into pieces, Dry 300 degrees & turn over lots, & Store in glass jars. ~ Further for Decoction: 1tsp. Root for 1 cup boiling water, & simmer 20 minutes. Drink 2 cups QD for specific conditions. - Did I get all these directions right ?

OR alcoholic Tincture: (right after slivering) steep 1 part plant in 5 parts 25+% vodka alcohol. Stir daily x 2wks, next weekly for 2 months, then strain off plant 4 compost, & bottle Labeled tincture. Take 5 mls TID. - Now since in our family we do not drink alcohol, - how would this affect us ?

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

Hey Pamela,

So glad to see you were online. I hope you are back next weekend.

• ines871

as was raised in Germany, am familiar with "wurzel(n)" the word for ROOT(s) but not really which, like https://botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/e/elecam07.html inula's Side-roots (allowing the plant to live... ) let alone been shot by Elf-arrows, lol - Nope never heard that as a child there. Prolly because I spent every possible minute playing/learning in my Grampa's Magnificent garden 🤩 , as well (except for other's caused incidents), am 9/10 of pain Free, thank goodness.

"Hawthorne berries" ? - oh my, sounds exactly what I need for my Ticker... due to others' harms... Anxiety manifests as "Atrial-fibrillation" in me, so re your Recipe: fill a 1/2-gallon glass jar w/ 1/3 each of Hawthorne berries, & darkest sugar (can our organic+pure+raw Honey be used ?), & Brandy (is there a substitute for the alcohol ?, please), plus 2 sticks Ceylon Cinnamon, & two organic Orange peels, & Labeling, cap tightly. -- Stir daily x 2wks, next weekly for 2 months, then leave it SIT Oct. to Oct. Appears DEEP RED, kinda like Venous blood. Amount at once to take ?, & not get drunk LOL - After 4 decades working in allopathy, I know better than to "have a primary doctor". Am otherwise pretty healthy, & know how to keep myself Healthy. And absolutely Refuse any pharma crap. - Which is WHY I'm thankful for TGN, & all the dozens of Presenters here this week, & as well especially YOU PamelaSpence

"ELDER berries": am Free of Allergies, colds, flu, hayfever, etc. practically Always my precious Immune-system keeps me strong. Yet as a Preventative, we keep Black Elderberry syrup at the ready. Partly because as a passionate iceskater, I tell my body "Hey, we are too busy having Fun...🤩 LOL

Also when I teach Nutrition I suggest people eat a Salad w/ strong/bitter tastes before they eat whatever animal proteins say for lunch for better digestion. - remain Hopeful that one day I get my (paralyzed) Sweetie on board too 🤗

However whod'a ever thought the common "rootbeer" is actually >Burdock/Dandelion< ROOT BEER 🙂 - Do you have a Favorite Recipe for this ? is this https://www.henriettes-herb.com/ who you said? My skin is always clear, Thank goodness. Harvested after 1st. year

HopeFully you can come back here, & Kindly answer my questions. I am so Thankful for you - HAPPY Autumn to you 🤗

• muirheather1
    muirheather1 Posts: 2

Thank you Pamela! I really appreciate the specific info on the herbs and how to use them. I before never thought of preparing my body for cooler weather- good things to think about!

• PamelaSpence

Yes you got that right - thank you for watching! Some patients of mine do not usually take alcohol socially but will do so if it is a medicine. However if your family is strictly no alcohol then a tincture wouldn't be appropriate for you as you do actually ingest the alcohol. Therefore I'd suggest sticking to the dried version - it keeps very well and is the least processed of any herbal medicine except for fresh. If you want you could make a glycerite- which is simply using a sugar syrup instead of alcohol to preserve the herb but some folks don't like that so much as sugar compromises the immune system which we don't want.

Hope that helps!

Pamela

• PamelaSpence

Thanks for having me :) Catching up now as the presentation played overnight - it's now morning over here in Scotland! I don't have details about next weekend? Perhaps you can message me offline about that?

Best wishes,

Pamela

• PamelaSpence

Hello,

Thanks for watching and for all the questions! I'll do my best :)

Elf shot is very interesting because Inula is specific for low energy without apparent cause and pain the moves around the body. Elf shot was described as this state of affairs where the person becomes suddenly weak with lots of strange symptoms that .over around. Well, that sounds a lot like ME/CFS/fibromyalgia to me and that is what we use it for! I guess those terms just didn't exist way back in the middle ages so they described it the best way they could!

Re the hawthorn, it is good for palpitations caused by anxiety as you describe. The alcohol in the recipe is what preserves it and stops it going rancid so unfortunately it does need to be there. Another option would be to make a syrup or even hawthorn ketchup - there are many recipes online. (Yes the Henriette Kress link is the right one). If you make the brandy then a 5ml measure is enough orI often suggest patients sip from a small sherry glass if they usually enjoy a sherry or other drink in the evening. Of course this doesn't suit everyone.

I don't have a favourite root beer recipe - there are many on the web to try.

Great tip with the bitter salad before animal protein!

Best wishes,

Pamela

• PamelaSpence

Thanks so much for watching and for your kind comments! Yes, it is really important to help our bodies with each season change. Once you start looking at things like this you will appreciate it more and more.

To your good health!

Pamela

• ines871

Hi again @PamelaSpence - re your kind response "I'd suggest sticking to the dried version - it keeps very well and is the least processed of any herbal medicine, except for fresh." - Sounds like Music to my ears. Thank you much.

• ines871

And re "Re the hawthorn, it is good for palpitations caused by anxiety as you describe. The alcohol in the recipe is what preserves it and stops it going rancid so unfortunately it does need to be there... Another option would be to make a syrup or even hawthorn ketchup - there are many recipes online. (Yes the Henriette Kress link is the right one). If you make the brandy then a 5ml measure is enough" - okay will Look up a Recipe just for this hawthorn ketchup. Thank you. - As for the Brandy, how much alcohol does it take to raise Cortisol level ? - Mine has been off the chart for decades, due to persistent circumstances beyond my personal control, - which no doubt also affects sustained Atrial fibrillation. - Thank you for any insights into this question @PamelaSpence

• PamelaSpence

Hello Rainbow,

Thanks again for your insightful questions! I don't have a specific answer to this one - I am not sure how much alcohol would raise cortisol levels because, like so much plant medicine, it is about the synergy of all the ingredients. Each aspect influences the others in the mix

So if you were to take an espresso martini, for example, that would be a bad idea for you because of the stimulating, caffeine loaded aspect of that mix. However as the alcohol in a hawthorn tincture (or hawthorn brandy) is merely the vehicle by which we extract the heart supporting, calming components of the hawthorn plant there is unlikely to be an increase of stress on the body because of the medicine we are delivering through the alcohol medium. I hope that makes sense! Now clearly there are times where alcohol needs to be absolutely avoided - in alcoholism or for religious reasons and that is a different issue. But taking the standard dose of 5mls 3 times a day of any plant medicine tincture is unlikely to cause issues. Some medicines can be preserved as glycerine or vinegars to avoid the alcohol and you could look into this as an option for general use for yourself.

Best wishes,

Pamela

• ines871

@PamelaSpence - Thank you for Returning. - Yes, there is yet another Presentation on "vinegar-s" & I already have plans for making Good use of this additional method. - I look forward to contacting, as time allows, the 28+ Presenters in the summit, as each of them have Enlightened our family so much. What a wonderful world all of you Represent...

• PamelaSpence

You are so very welcome! All the best on your health journey!

Warm regards.

Pamela