Traci Donat – How to Make Mineral Rich And Immune Building Herbal Vinegars At Home

System
System Posts: 121 admin
edited October 2019 in Home Medicine Summit 2019

Join The Discussion With Your Insights, Revelations, And Epiphanies Below

Comments

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always wanted to make my own vinegars, and now I can.

Can't wait to try some with roses.

Thank you TGN and Traci!☺️

• Lyda Eagle
    Lyda Eagle Posts: 12 ✭✭✭

This was great! I make my own apple "scrap" vinegar as well as buying some so I will be sure to make some of these as well.

• Deb Hair
    Deb Hair Posts: 1

I was aware of herbal vinegars but not the mineral rich formula. This is awesome for me since I really need calcium, but in a form I can take. Thank you!!!!

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin
    edited October 2019

Hey Traci! Look what I made just after watching your presentation (I get to watch them earlier than everyone of course). Some friends went out hiking to gether nettles and brought some back for me just after seeing your presentation.

I am SO glad I labelled the jars as now they are more than ready to be strained and I had forgotten them 💡

I did use the lid for the label, which isn't optimal, but hey, it worked... The vinegar is delicious and I am stoked about getting more calcium this way. I can't wait to make a salad now.

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll bring the 'cherokee purple' for the salad lol.

• sonbyrd
    sonbyrd Posts: 29 ✭✭✭

Loved this! Such an easy way to incorporate a healthy medicine. Thanks!

• Katrina
    Katrina Posts: 9 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Great presentation. It seems that many of the presentations /presenter now have so many degrees and certifications that it can make an average person a little unsettled.

It is nice to see an experienced herbalist that learned from another herbalist and some courses along the way. This presentation showed that you do not need degrees to become a very experienced herbalist.

The definition of a teacher: a teacher isn’t a teacher until they “give away” everything they know. This does not mean you have to give your product/ books for free. It means you become a teacher when you pass on your knowledge.

Great knowledge does not always require degrees and certifications. Great knowledge is an accumulation of what you learn and share.

As a teacher, my greatest joy is to see knowledge I have shared bloom into understanding and advancement in one of my students. A student becomes a teacher who becomes a student, who becomes a teacher and on and on.

I have been a teacher most of my life. My elders have taught me much, but my students have taught me just as much. Namaste.

• Linda Bittle
    Linda Bittle Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, this is good! I will be trying some of these!

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

Rose-vinegar = Aha, always knew my continuing Rainbows ROSES were excellent for more 🤩 than just Salads & wookie, lol & only takes 1 week. And Dilute (makes it last longer, yeah!)

Resp-tonic: Honey (we use Wildflower-kind), Hyssop flower+leaf,= Find some Hyssop, & Bingo Health is on the way 🙂 well, after letting it sit for a month. Gotta do it in Sept.

Okay BONE-tonic vinegar: Chickweed, Comfrey, Dandelion, Horsetail, Lambsquarter, Nettle, Plantain, & Violet. - Well, only have currently Dandelion & Violet = wonder what kind of org, ACV these 2 would make ?

Question: have Lab-tests been done, to SEE what changes in Bone-structure, & density both Before & After the Bone-tonic, Traci ?

• mpoloka
    mpoloka Posts: 1 ✭✭✭

This was great. Thank you so much on some new Ideas and new Vinegars.

• gennywu
    gennywu Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

Inspired me to get right to it! I didn't have any nettles around but I have lots of lemon balm so I thought I would give it a try. Curious to find out how my vinegar will turn out. It is always hard to wait 6 weeks to sample the product.

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was very inspiring. I only have a small amount of fresh herbs, so I have to settle for dried.

I am totally inspired to start a few different vinegars right now.

• newfarmgirl
    newfarmgirl Posts: 2

Thank you for this. I am not sure how to use it though.

• lmrebert
    lmrebert Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭

Great presentation! Loved the very simple recipes and the great analogies and explanations!!!🌿🌿🌿🌱🦚

• ines871

Hey @shllnzl , can you please share How to post these Cute graphics = 🌿🌿🌿🌱🦚 ? did a copy/paste to ask the question, lol

• Heather
    Heather Posts: 6 ✭✭✭

Hi Marjory and Traci! What a wonderful, sweet enticing presentation. I'm excited to add vinegars to my growing arsenal of medicines. Much love to you both. Anita

• jandicelis
    jandicelis Posts: 6 ✭✭✭

Awesome presentation, inspiring. Have tons of home made organic apple cider vinegar so I´m extrremly happy to have a new way to use it.

I will use different herbs, most of the ones Traci used are not available around here, in the south of the continent. But we do have dandelion, plantain, horsetail and of course, roses.

Thank you Marjory and Traci!

• traci480
    traci480 Posts: 1

Thank you everyone for watching and I hope you have fun making making vinegars.

Rainbow, in regards to your questions. Yes, violet and dandelion both make great vinegars. I would probably do each as a simple, but you could absolutely combine them as well if you prefer. As far as lab testing, no, I have not had my vinegars lab tested. But I can tell you that the ability of ACV to extract minerals is well documented, but I cannot speak to how that might translate to a bone density measurement in an individual, as of course there are many factors involved. The best way to view these vinegars are as mineral rich foods that you can incorporate into your diet for extra nutrition and support. It does stand to reason that increasing bio-available calcium and minerals would help prevent deficiency and support the maintenance of healthy bones. I hope this helps! Traci

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rainbow When you are typing up your comments, click on the smiley face below to select some fun emojis.

😊🛀👸🐶🌨️🏝️🎃 Here are some examples of the range of subjects.

• amyjacobson6
    amyjacobson6 Posts: 17 ✭✭✭

Thank you for sharing your amazing recipes and knowledge with us Traci! I have learned so much!

This Summit has provided a wealth of knowledge and is such a blessing! Thank you Marjory and all those who help make this information available to us!

• Owl
    Owl Posts: 346 ✭✭✭

I’m so stoked! I have made an oxymel before and didn’t know it! (I hope I spelled it right!) Anyway, I mix 1:1 wild honey with ACV and can peaches in it. It is absolutely wonderful and a sneaky way to get ACV into my uncooperative family! I loved your presentation!

• ines871

Thank you to @Lexie - for bringing this thread to the Forefront, so I could see the response to my question from last week.

You said "I can tell you that the ability of ACV to extract minerals is well documented, but I cannot speak to how that might translate to a bone density measurement in an individual, as of course there are many factors involved. The best way to view these vinegars are as mineral rich foods that you can incorporate into your diet for extra nutrition and support. It does stand to reason that increasing bio-available calcium and minerals would help prevent deficiency and support the maintenance of healthy bones. I hope this helps! Traci "

Hi again @traci480 - the bolded words are my addition, to your response. - The reason I asked this question: As proven by Science during the past 80+ years, Most of earth's SOIL has become seriously Depleted... such that Micro-minerals, & other essential minerals are just no longer present in most of earth's soil, for plants to UPtake. - And as a direct result,

The only way we can get minerals, let alone Enough into our body such as calcium (Ca), magnesium (Mg), boron (B), manganese (Mn), iron (Fe), zinc (Zn), copper (Cu), molybdenum (Mo), Chromium (Cr), Iodine (I), lithium (Li), selenium (Se), & vanadium (V), etc. is via Bio-available Mineral supplements... Hence, why I asked the question re the Testing, before & After.

I didn't go into all the above details, because you lovely Presenters surely already know these Chemical realities, yes ?