Lynn Gillespie – How To Make The Ultimate Kidney Wrap

System
System Posts: 121 admin
edited October 2019 in Home Medicine Summit 2019

Join The Discussion With Your Insights, Revelations, And Epiphanies Below

Comments

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

Whoo hoo! I'm wearing my kidney wrap right now - it's an essential part of my winter wardrobe. Well, actually it's an esstial part of my travel kit too :) DO you have a kidney warp? Have you tried it yet? If you haven't just go get a regular scarf right now and try it. It's instantaneous who wonderful it feels.

• Adele
    Adele Posts: 18

This was so much fun to watch the process of birthing lambs and seeing Lynn and her helpers in prepping the fibers that results in the making of the kidney wrap. As a needle felter, working with those who provide quality fibers, one will understand why sometimes an end product is more of an investment as there is a whole lot of work and love that goes into these end products. Kathy

• Linda Bittle
    Linda Bittle Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've wrapped myself with a fleece scarf, and will give this a try. It does feel nice! Thanks for sharing this.

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

@kv393 oh then you really do know about the incredable amount of work that goes into these. Actually, we cut some of the footage back - the felting process is ssssoooo tedious.

Yes, these are truly an investment. I really, really love these wraps. My adrenal glands love these wraps.

• What a great video to watch while I was carding wool! Lynn, you are an inspiration!

• lynn.thelivingfarm
    lynn.thelivingfarm Posts: 7 ✭✭✭

Thank you Linda! We card lot of wool to make the wraps but we love the flock and all the felt making!

Lynn

• Om
    Om Posts: 5 ✭✭✭

Lynn I am a fan since you introduced me to your greenhouses. Now more inspiration.

Thank you.

What breed of lamb are they?

• Patti Kemner
    Patti Kemner Posts: 1

I can't find anything regarding what the sizing is for them. On the order page it just has S, M, L, XL, but no measurements.

• lynn.thelivingfarm
    lynn.thelivingfarm Posts: 7 ✭✭✭

Thanks for watching!! The lambs are Merino cross for the wool sheep and East Fresian/ Lacaune cross for the dairy sheep. Lynn

• Gloria
    Gloria Posts: 4

Loved it.

• Lyda Eagle
    Lyda Eagle Posts: 12 ✭✭✭

Thank you for sharing your sheep with us. So wonderful to see them giving birth. I have never heard of a kidney wrap before, but intend to make one soon. I am busy knitting some wool socks right now and planed on felting some wool to make some felted boots so I will just have to make a kidney wrap too. I only have one kidney and am very prone to kidney stones. I have had dozens. Not fun. And have adrenal and thyroid problems. So anything I can do to aid my kidney I will do. Amazing beautiful homestead!!

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lynn.thelivingfarm

I know you will think I am crazy, but I cried as I watched your baby lambs being born and your great caring as evidenced by such loving and caring clearing their airways of the birth matter. And cleaning and drying them.

I have worked a little with alpaca, and a friend showed me how to clean lambs wool but it has been so long I can't remember all of what she taught me but I remember the work. But what a joy work is when your work is your love.

You are truly blessed and I am so happy for you and yours.

Marjory, you have truly outdone yourself with this summit, and as much as I have enjoyed so many others, and gleaned much from the many, this is my absolute favorite.

Thank you Marjory, TGN, and Lynn, and the very best to you. 🦋

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

@lynn.thelivingfarm - Thank you for sharing your beautiful homestead & sheep with all of us, & watching these little ones being born & cared for immediately so they can Breathe, & Dry, & start out life loved... takes me back to my childhood on the farm...

After 30 years of abuse, I suffered an acute Adrenal collapse in 1999, that last decade took my beautiful thick hair & eyelashes too, tho aside Atrial-fibrillating Anxiety I am thankfully Free of most other issues. - Yet, tho I have never heard of a kidney wrap before as such, I kind of instinctively wrap my middle up when I am cold, (but never get cold as an iceskater), isn't that amazing?

Also Amazing is how much... Devoted work you put into each of these wraps you make, & how well your family all work together, along with your community. What another great example you are of "the worthwhile & rewarding Life"