California Fires??

merlin44
merlin44 Posts: 426 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in Other News

Is anyone here affected by or near the fires? Or the power outages?

Comments

• gennywu
    gennywu Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

Lots of power outages and smoke here in the Bay Area, but thankfully that is all for me.

• merlin44

@gennywu Glad you're safe. Take care.

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

My heart goes out to all who have been affected by the latest round of wildfires. Take care of yourselves and those around you; not just now but afterwards as well. The attached graph was handed out in our area during 2017 & 2018. I can tell you from experience that this is very accurate and it can take a very long time to recover from a situation like this, even if you do not experience any catastrophic losses.

• lmrebert
    lmrebert Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭

My daughter is 15 min from us and they are evacuating them now... 🙏🏻 Jurupa Valley

• blevinandwomba
    blevinandwomba Posts: 813 ✭✭✭✭

@lmrebert I'll pray for her and for you.

• merlin44

@lmrebert Prayers for safe passage for your daughter. Take care and please keep us updated.

• lmrebert
    lmrebert Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭

Thx! They changed it to voluntary so that’s good news!!! Thx for the prayers!!🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

Just some thoughts on additions to your go bags if you have the time to prepare.

Medicinal mushrooms: Lion's Mane helps the brain in times of stress. Brings clarity and supports nervous system health. Cordyceps for lung support.

Minerals: Magnesium to reduce cramping. Potassium if you are working really hard. Zinc supports immune health, dampens post recall of stress and may help with social anxiety. Both Zn and Mg can help with depression.

Omegas: A good fish oil supplement to help with oxidative stress.

Adaptogens: Tulsi, Ginseng, Licorice. All supportive for the adrenals.

Vitamins: If you are not eating well; Vitamins C & D to support the immune system and a B complex for Vagus nerve support.

Don't forget some comfort items: a few of your favourite tea bags, quality chocolate bars (if chocolate is your thing), etc.

Be safe!

• @torey thank you for posting this... I am going through my Emergency Pack with my mom next week this is great information and items that we can add to our packs. Thank you for sharing!