Care package from Mom

Linda Bittle
Linda Bittle Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never know what to expect when I get a package from Mom. she still lives in southern Missouri (Cabool).

Today I unwrapped a book called, "Gardening Essentials" from the National Home Gardening Club. It's a slim little volume, loaded with color photos. I guess I will give it a look tomorrow when I am more alert.

7:30 is not too early to go to bed!

Comments

• nksunshine27
    nksunshine27 Posts: 343 ✭✭✭

i love getting surprise gift from family, it never ceases to amaze me i can go all year long with looking at cool things i could put on my Christmas list that i could use then when Christmas gets close i cant think of a single one. 😕

• merlin44
    merlin44 Posts: 426 ✭✭✭✭

How sweet! (And 7:30 is a good bedtime).

• greyfurball
    greyfurball Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭

@Mary Linda Bittle either my eyes are going blind or I'm in too big of a hurry because I could have swore that your title read "Care Package For Mom".

It immediately made me think of all the different types of things I try to do for my mother who happens to be deceased and in the graveyard now for the last 2 1/2 years. My Dad predeceased her by 17 years though and his plot was always one of the most beautiful plots in the entire graveyard. But she didn't make anything, she just purchased stuff and kept it "landscaped" I guess is the best word for all the stuff she took out there.

So when I saw...For Mom in your title I was so excited. I was hoping to see what others maybe do for their parents plot(s) also. I have always enjoyed making wreaths, arrangements etc so I'm always finding stuff I can use to add to my finished products.

The unfortunate part though, every time I make something really nice it is stolen usually within a few hours to one day.

Last year for Christmas I made a very large wreath. I am not bragging here but I had placed a teddy bear with toys, an empty tin with a toy factory scene, lots of plastic candies, and some different kinds of candy-covered ribbon and just anything I could find which fit the color and the scheme. I went out to place the wreath and then left the cemetery to go pick up my sister-in-law to take her to the doctor's office. I mentioned I had just dropped off a Christmas wreath at the cemetery and she asked if we could drive by there first so she could see it.

We were going that direction so I mentioned sure, it was one arrangement which I actually was very proud of it since it came out so well. It wasn't even 20 minutes later I pulled into that cemetery again and my wreath was already gone.

If I take factory-made "ugly stuff" out it usually will last a while. But pretty stuff, I always just keep thinking I hope she had a chance to see it. Sigh!!!

• Linda Bittle
    Linda Bittle Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's terrible! I can't imagine how anyone could steal from someone's grave. That's about as low as it goes. I'm so sorry that you have had this happen - and multiple times, even.

• maimover
    maimover Posts: 359 ✭✭✭

@greyfurball times sure have changed. When I grew up the last place any of us wanted to go was the cemetery; it was scary. The was that kids and even adults plunder cemeteries is disgraceful; lots of negative energy in that practice.