I Just LOVE this quote! 💕 What's your favorite today?

Marjory Wildcraft
Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

“And truly it demands something god like in him who has cast off the common motives of humanity, and has ventured to trust himself for a taskmaster.” --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comments

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

Four days of the week I am with another person admiring me for always lifting others up in belief, & expression. So today we saw a person in front of a store holding a little bag of 3 potatoes, with a doggie. - I stopped in my tracks, & asked the man "Do you have enough to eat? Can I buy you some food? ((that was my gas $)). - Just then a woman leaves the store, & she looks at me funny. - So I explained my Intent, & she said with tears in her eyes "How very kind of you, just like an angel. But my husband had to keep the dog out, while I ran in. Thank you so much, & Merry Christmas to you both". -- The person I was with, said "She gives of herself every day".

Just then, this thought popped into my head, & I said: "in the heart of a Happy child, it is Christmas every day" & she hugged me. This is for today my favorite quote.

• shllnzl
    shllnzl Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just saw this one:

"The greatest gift you ever give is your honest self."

Mister Rogers

• Iris Weaver
    Iris Weaver Posts: 32 ✭✭✭

I have many faves. For today:

"I'm convinced of this: good done anywhere is good done everywhere." Maya Angelou

• judsoncarroll4
    judsoncarroll4 Posts: 5,490 admin

Of course, I have to include Shakespeare's King John (1595): "What cracker is this . . . that deafes our ears / With this abundance of superfluous breath?"

• dottile46
    dottile46 Posts: 437 ✭✭✭

No one ever got rich by pinching $100 bills.

• SuperC
    SuperC Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

“Happy, thin and free”

Bright Line Eating. (Things you do everyday automatically like brushing your teeth, putting on your seatbelt, wearing shoes. The same goes for your healthy nutrition choices. Use a food scale to measure your food for each meal. Eat more vegetables than fruit, daily. Reduce your refined sugars and flours intake.)

• shllnzl

I saw this one today.

“Drink without getting drunk

Love without suffering jealousy

Eat without overindulging

Never argue

And once in a while, with great discretion, misbehave.”

—Armando Fuentes Aguirre, El Catón (Mexico)

• shllnzl

Saw this one today and it resonated with me.

"Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory." - Dr. Seuss

• Leslie Carl
    Leslie Carl Posts: 255 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

@Lisa K your quote "Life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to DANCE IN THE RAIN" has always been my favorite too! The most common version seems to be "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." It's from Vivian Greene.

We've also had this saying hung up on our wall for many years and it's another one of my favorites:

“Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.

Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!”

― John Anster, The First Part of Goethe's Faust

• herbantherapy
    herbantherapy Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭

Inspired by quotes around the home...here are some plaques, pictures and faux ‘20’s tin ads found around my house.

”Stressed spells dessert backwards”

”Coffee! If you’re not shaking you need another cup!”

”Make yourself at home! Clean my kitchen.”

And my favorite:

”May Your Joys be as Deep as the Ocean.

Your Sorrows as Light as Its Foam.”

• ines871
    ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Leslie Carl Thank you for this Reminder for this past year, & now for Encouragement:

1 of my Favorites too: “Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.

Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!”

• Marjory Wildcraft

I love this one the best!!! Yup, Abe on the internet!!! I seriously laughed out load reading this one.

• shllnzl

The following is from Lindsay Buroker's Agents of the Crown series. I had to stop reading long enough to share it.

"A fenced garden does nothing but reveal the cleverest animals in the forest."

• shllnzl

A good one for December 25.

"Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childhood days, recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth, and transport the traveler back to his own fireside and quiet home!" - Charles Dickens

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorites:

Ronald Reagan...

"I'm the government and I'm here to help".... of course he was being sarcastic.

Mother Teresa....

There is no greater poverty than being: unwanted, uncared for, and unloved.

Jesus Christ....

I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father except through me....

I hope every one is having a great Christmas!!!

• Marjory Wildcraft

“Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.: --Helen Keller

wow, talk about a woman who over came, and over came...

• blevinandwomba
    blevinandwomba Posts: 813 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so this is not a famous quote, it is a small children quote, but I thought y'all might enjoy it. First a little background.

I work at a child care center. In the mornings I am with a class of three to four years olds. One of the children has some learning differences- very repetitive speech, etc. He loves to greet the other kids when they come in, and can say "hi" obsessively until they say something back. He also gets their names mixed up, but if I remind him he will correct himself. This morning around 7:20 one of his classmates arrived, and didn't feel like talking to him. He stood next to her saying "Hi" over and over again. I said to her, "Just say 'hi', it's polite." He apparently took that as a prompt and said "Hi, Polite!"

Sorry if I'm abusing the quote section.