Maple Syrup 🍁

Laurie M
Laurie M Posts: 2 ✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in General Recipes

Hello! Looking for recipes using maple syrup that are also gluten and dairy free. I should point out that most recipes for vegetables such as broccoli, kale, artichokes, brussel sprouts, cabbage, sweet potatoes and many others are a no go for me - I just can't stand the taste! We make over 700 gallons every year as a "hobby" for our own use and to sell so I always have maple syrup on hand! New to gluten and dairy free. Thank you!

Comments

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

I also love maple. I use it as the sweetener in many things that I make. No trees where I live but there is at least one producer of Birch syrup here. A bit darker in colour and stronger in taste but still very good.

Here is a Maple recipe that should fit all the criteria. Can't remember where I got it so don't know who to credit.

Maple-Almond Pumpkin Bread/Muffins

Ingredients:

·        1/2 can of organic pumpkin or 3/4 cup fresh pumpkin puree

·        2 eggs

·        1/4 cup pure maple syrup, honey, or very ripe mashed banana

·        1/4 cup melted coconut oil

·        1 tsp. vanilla

·        1 cup almond meal

·        1 tsp. of baking powder

·        1/2 tsp. baking soda

·        1/4 tsp. salt

·        1 tsp. cinnamon

·        1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Optional: 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks

Preparation:

1.     Combine wet ingredients

2.     Gently sift dry ingredients together over wet ingredients and stir to combine.

3.     Pour mixture into an oiled loaf pan,
 or if you’d prefer, put into muffin tins. 

4.     Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour for a loaf, about 30 minutes for muffins. You’ll know they’re done when they’re golden brown and you slightly press the top center of the loaf or a muffin and it ‘springs’ back. 

This is a link to the Food Network for a rib recipe. I have made the glaze many times and it is good on other meats as well as ribs.

Enjoy!

• Laurie M
    Laurie M Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

Sounds good! I just bought a couple flours to try but don't have almond meal. Need to peruse Amazon or another vendor for that. Thanks!

• blevinandwomba
    blevinandwomba Posts: 813 ✭✭✭✭

I like to use it to make a maple mustard viniagrette. I don't really have a recipe, just dump-and-taste-until-its-right, but I put dijon or spicy brown mustard, maple syrup, salt, oil, vinegar, etc.

This website has pretty spiffy filters on its recipe index- just check dairy-free and gluten-free under special diet, and maple syrup under ingredient.