Remineralizing

ines871
ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in General Health

Hi all you good people 🙂

Last October gardneto76 wanted to know how she could change dirt/soil into remineralized garden soil.

In this opening post, am summarizing 2 pages of our 55 responses in https://community.thegrownetwork.com/discussion/842482/what-is-remineralizing . Some call me a 'polarity responder' (lol), however I always seek to enlighten, as possible. So she specifically asked me to explain how... Two other members posted re "soil tests, azomite, colloidal, glacial, "ancient/organic humic, fulvic minerals, Hawaii? volcanic soil," etc, etc, but as explained those methods are too unreliable, & even toxic ! as they do not say how much of each mineral per serving. And as shown by even home gardeners who while harvesting their own garden's food, still to exist they depend on pharmaceuticals.

At this fork in the road, the realization came: "since I cannot do that to the soil, I am working on the supplements to take to remineralize our human bodies."

Minerals which have been proven as mission-critical for the body:

In December @gardneto76 said: @rainbow many people do not understand the effects that medications have on our bodies, or re-mineralizing the way you do. You are the first person I have ever encountered that goes beyond the fresh food aspect of any of this. ❤️ it. - What do we have to do to absorb the mineral supplements we are taking?

In this new category created this week especially for Good health, we can continue this discussion...

Comments

• ines871

@gardneto76 - re "What do we have to do to absorb the mineral supplements we are taking?"

Let's Review :

That any supplement dissolves in the stomach in 1/2 hour does not mean it will later be absorbed, iow bio-Available. Bioavailability of a nutrient relates to its absorption and access to normal metabolic and physiological processes.

Minerals vastly are absorbed in the Small intestine, and require metalloenzymes & metal-binding proteins. An enzyme is a substance that acts as a catalyst in living organisms, regulating the rate at which chemical reactions proceed without itself being altered in the process.

Say you 'swallow' Food, or a Supplement (including foremost minerals) as tabs, caps, etc : physical, chemical, & biochemical processes need be carried out by 'multicellular organisms' to break down ingested nutrients into components that may be absorbed.

Many factors can affect absorption of minerals, & are dependent on gender, person's age, digestive system integrity, overall state of health, type of supplement, whether the supplements are taken on a full or empty stomach, & even the time of day. - Even absorption of minerals from food can vary significantly. Boron, molybdenum, & iodine can be absorbed at higher %'s, while the average absorption rates of zinc, copper, & selenium can range from 30-70%. Magnesium absorption ranges from 30-40% and depends on age, intestinal health and type of magnesium supplement. But calcium has a relative 25-35% absorption rate.

So far so good ?

Some people have not known how to get below 400+ pounds, so they had their stomach stapled, or partly removed, or totally removed. Others had their pancreas removed. Still others have large sections of their intestines removed. gone. Problem solved, or so they assume.

re the Small intestine, absorbing anything: How many suffer from SIBO, & many other sick conditions ?

What about soldiers stuck in constant life-death war contexts, where optimal eaten nutrition is often not possible ?

Then what?

And how does a person absorb supplements when the very act of Swallowing is getting harder every day?

oh boy, now what?

What if the GI-tract proves too troublesome, could there be some other way ? and just Bypass it ?

Before minerals can cross cell membranes, first they need to be absorbed into bloodstream. And what all is involved in these processes ?

Too, in these matters what is your Interest ?

to be continued...

• gardneto76
    gardneto76 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭

@rainbow so that’s why you stressed the bioavailability to me in our other discussion, because if it is bio available then I can absorb it better and make more use of the minerals in the supplements! 💡

• ines871

Hi @gardneto76 - Well, the Aim is to get Nutrients into the cell... thus after something is absorbed through the cell-wall , it is bioavailable to the cells.

So when Seeds, & soil-amendments, & plants, & Mineral supplements are sold, with claims that something is 'organic, etc & therefore bio-available', how many... chemical & biochemical steps do sellers bank on, that vastly most people have no idea about, because for one thing practically none of such science is taught in public school, nor other places. -- And that's yet another reason why the general public , gives ' blind trust' to other people who wear a white coat with a stethoscope around their neck. Oh, 'the doctor gnows... the science behind everything.' Really? - it's like Einstein said “IF we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called Research, would it? ”

• ines871
    edited March 2020

For people who take Minerals (aside foods grown in garden), please look ... at the Supplement container for:

• What form is the Supplement in? (tablet, or cap, or liquid, or powder box, or ?)
    • is there Calcium?, & in what form?, & amount?
    • is there Magnesium?, & in what form?, & amount?
    • is there Boron?, & in what form?
    • is there Copper?, & in what form?
    • is there Zinc? (together with copper?), & in what form?
    • is there Chromium?, & in what form?
    • is there Iodine?, & in what form?
    • is there Manganese?, & in what form?
    • is there Molybdenum?, & in what form?
    • is there Selenium?, & in what form?
    • is there Silica?, & in what form?
    • is there Vanadium?, & in what form?
    • at least 100% of the Daily Value (DV) for above essential Nutrients?

• are there any of 5 Artificial colors added?
    • are there any of 9+ sugars added?
    • are there any or 3+ preservatives added?
    • are there any of 13 binders, fillers, & flow-agents added?
    • you decided to try more Minerals on what basis?
    • Do you know that not only a Mineral's name matters, but that to be absorbed it needs be benefited by synergy.

As stated in November, when I teach people about nutritional Minerals (these presently known as necessary for existence & vitality), I state what they are, & what scientific Research reveals are the best forms, & a range of amounts, & some notes.