Anyone ever made their own fever reducing or anti-nausea suppositories for all ages?

lmrebert
lmrebert Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in Herbal Medicine-Making

My daughters 10 month old recently caught a bug, first one ever in her life, and was teetering around 104.5-104.7 fever. We are both woke nurses and understand the importance of a fever but were also a bit freaked out, so I did a bit of research, put together a blend of catnip, calendula, and spearmint to make a tea, then drove it to her 2 hours away. We gave her the tea, but she vomited right after, so we waited a few minutes and gave it again, which she held down. It got me thinking that in the "medical field" we give suppositories when people cannot keep the meds down for what ever reason. I tried to find some information but came up short. I was thinking herb infused coconut oil suppositories, but not sure if anyone has experience with say dosing and preparation. If allopathic medicine can do it, I'm sure nature can do it better!

Comments

• I have not yet tried it but maybe something in the direction of the recipe for lip balm would work.

I use olive oil with beeswax and it melts at body temperature.

You could use the herbs to infuse the oil and mix them as needed.

• lmrebert

@Jens thx, yes thats what I was thinking, but I'm going to have to do some serious math to figure out dosing lol. The tea was 1 teas per years of age if they were under 3, so I gave her just a smidge less than a teas. I'm not sure if the 8 oz of water would be equal to 8 oz of oil/beeswax combo... sigh... there must be a way

• lmrebert

I found this on page 7 of Google... but doesn’t really touch on the systemic effects of using herbs Olin suppositories... any other thoughts?

https://theherbalacademy.com/?s=Suppositories+&post_type=post