Hydrate well perpetually

ines871
ines871 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

The advice "Drink even more water", some of us have intuitively known as a half-truth, because as an example the Incas & the Aztecs would go for weeks without water, on only 'chia & cacti' : both full of 'gel water', iow while living in desert areas yet people thrive... Gel water, also called "structured, ordered, liquid crystalline, or living water", is a phase of water identified by an extra hydrogen & oxygen atom, so the molecular structure is H302. Discovered by bioengineer Dr. Gerald Pollack at his water science laboratory at the University of Washington. His book, The Fourth Phase of Water: Beyond Solid, Liquid, and Vapor explains that while we are about 2/3 water, it is Gel water, also called "structured, ordered, liquid crystalline, or living water".

Learn more about it as well from https://www.amazon.com/Quench-Fatigue-Through-Science-Hydration/dp/0316515663 by Dana Cohen MD (Author), & Gina Bria (Author) Their suggestions are excellent.

Tagged:

Comments

• ines871

Regular H2O is 'raw water' which helps create structured (gel) water in our bodies, when we eat or drink water-rich veggies & fruits : such as Celery is 96% water, and

Tomatoes & Zucchini are about 95% water,

Iceberg & Romaine lettuce greens contain 94% water, and

Watermelon & colorful bell peppers, & Strawberries are 92% water, and

(raw) broccoli has 91% water, and

Cucumbers, & cantaloupe are about 90% water), and

Carrots & oranges contain about 87% water, and

wild blueberries, & red seedless grapes, & pears, & mango, & apples, & grapefruit, & raspberries, and bone-broth, & herb-tea, & almond milk.

Aside full of gel water themselves, our homegrown produce also contain natural electrolytes, & their fiber helps the body absorb gel water. For these reasons, a Smoothie 🙂 is actually more hydrating than a bottle of water.

Water is absorbed slower when it comes from veggies & fruits. Gel water is better at hydrating than regular water because its absorptive properties help retain more water in the body for a longer time, an extremely effective form of hydration. When you soak chia seeds and they turn into a jello-like substance, that is like gel-water.- Well known is that people who are better hydrated have increased mitochondrial energy, & mental function.

• csinclair461
    csinclair461 Posts: 159 ✭✭✭

Good info. My family has noticed when we get dehydrated, sometimes water doesn’t cut it. Coconut water, or soaked chia seeds make the difference. That and watermelon. Its good to see the percentages.

• ines871

@csinclair461 - Good for you Noticing the difference.

Also in case anybody thinks I said not to drink water anymore, nope. Pure clean water is still good.

• probinson50
    probinson50 Posts: 49 ✭✭✭

We make a 64 oz canteen of water per family member with ACV, a pinch of salt and lemon juice. The goal is to drink it all before the end of the day.

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

I have walked with indigenous elders who put Soapberries (aka Buffalo Berries), Shepherdia canadensis, in their water bottles to add vitamins and electrolytes. I do this all the time now. Very thirst quenching.

• Devi
    Devi Posts: 18 ✭✭✭

Hi @ines871 thanks for this information! I'm going to do more "juicing" - really I just blend up veggies and fruits in the blender keeping all the fiber and that's my version of juicing. No sense in taking out the fiber from fruit and veggies to have to put it back in your diet somehow.