suggestions for your early spring planting via Baker Creek Seed

Comments

• nksunshine27
    nksunshine27 Posts: 343 ✭✭✭

i've never gotten seeds from them so i'm not sure what your asking for lol either that or its late and i need sleep🤣

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

@nksunshine27 I hope you got good sleep and rest last night.

I'm not asking for anything, rather, I posted this for anyone interested in some plants that do well with an early spring planting.

I have bought seeds from them for about 10 years, and for the last year ish shipping has been free. With somewhere in the neighborhood of every 5 seed orders, they give a packet of free seed, their choice.

Even if you never buy from them their site is an awesome site to learn, not just from them, but like amazon I always read reviews before I buy using careful discernment. So this company has many that review the plants they buy and often tell more about the plant than the company has time to.

Another plus is that they get new species in quite often sometimes and often every year. Some are listed here.

They also have horticulturist that can contact you for answers to questions that you may call in about a plant/plants.

And, their free catalogues have awesome pictures and explanations.

Enjoy

• DebiB
    DebiB Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

@silvertipgrizz thanks for the link, it looks like good general information on what can be planted now. The only thing I would add to the article is to check on planting times for your local area as it may not line up with their suggestions.

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

@silvertipgrizz This is waaaayyy to tempting! I want everything!

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DebiB agree fully. Thanks for pointing that out.

@torey yep me too. But I especially want the stinking (supposedly very very sweet) Lesya Pepper that has been 'out of stock' now for about 3 weeks. waaaa

• Hassena
    Hassena Posts: 345 ✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing this link. Great company. Salad season is one my favorite! :)