Tree ID

LaurieLovesLearning
LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin
edited November 2020 in Plant ID

These pages are from a booklet that had been distributed in my province of Manitoba. It is called "Field Guide to the Native Trees of Manitoba" by MB Natural Resources, Forestry.

I thought that they may be of interest to some foragers that wish to identify certain trees. Of course, this is MB specific, but may help folks in other areas.

Comments

• Merin Porter
    Merin Porter Posts: 1,026 admin

Hey, this is fantastic! I LOVE the flow chart!!!

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

I love the drawings. I was at a class where we each had to pick a plant and do a monograph for it with pictures. It was recommended that if possible to draw the plant as you would get to know it better than with a photo. I have more talent with a camera than a pencil, however my friend who took the class with me, drew a beautiful sketch of a cedar branch. She said she will never forget the detail of the tree after drawing it.

• judsoncarroll4
    judsoncarroll4 Posts: 5,490 admin

That is quite well done! I have lots of field guides... that one is very good.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin

@Merin Porter The flow chart is what made me think of posting it here. It would be a great idea for anyone to make them for reference sake. A good project.

@torey I bet you would get to know it better! When you draw, you need to pay attention to so much detail.

@judsoncarroll4 Haha! And I have two!