Those Bulbs I Planted Last Fall

Linda Bittle
Linda Bittle Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am happy to report that all 14 of the hyacinth bulbs and at least 35 of the 40 tulips I planted are popping up! Here's a photo from today, April 4, 2020.

Comments

• Alison
    Alison Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

Great Job!

Looks like it's going to be beautiful when they are in full bloom. Maybe a second photo when they are.

• greyfurball
    greyfurball Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭

Just a suggestion but the next time you plant bulbs, or after these have stopped blooming and the greens have died back, group your bulbs together in small groups (about 4-6 bulbs per group) and it looks so much nicer when they are blooming (personal opinion).

When they are spaced so far apart and they are blooming I always think it looks like rows of soldiers all lined up in formation.

• Melinda
    Melinda Posts: 123 ✭✭✭

That is wonderful! It’s always hard to wait and see.

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

Its going to smell so wonderful in a few days when they open up!

• Jens the Beekeeper
    Jens the Beekeeper Posts: 651 admin

@Mary Linda Bittle looks beautiful. I always overbuy on bulbs in the fall but the bloom is always wonderful

• kbmbillups1
    kbmbillups1 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have a Grower's Outlet near us that sells bulbs in bulk. When my daughters were little we planted so many daffodils of many different varieties and now years later we have the most wonderful daffodil patches that pop up in several beds and around our bushes. It's a joy to see them popping up every year in the very early spring. That's how I know spring is here even if it's still a little cold. This year the bed closest our house bloomed first (probably b/c of the warmth of the house) and then it snowed a little bit. But they made it through and continued to bloom! (If it snows here people go crazy so a little snow if a big deal to us!)

I hope yours bring you many years of joy as well!