Going back to work today

tomandcara
tomandcara Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in Other News

I have been a chiropractor for 40 years and this past 6 weeks is the longest I have gone without treating patients since 1980. TGN forums and academy classes have been an incredible blessing to me during this time. I hve learned so much in the classes and the forum. Thank you. I won't be as active with going back to my practice, but this is an ope thank you to all who have helped me learn and grow through the last 5 weeks. It is a great community!

Comments

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin

Thank you. Stay safe & enjoy your freedom as you go back to work. :)

Keep coming back here as time permits. The Summit is coming up soon. Try to get in on it as much as you are able. It is always a good time of learning.

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tomandcara Stay safe and keep your immunity up. Hope you will check in as you can.

• lmrebert
    lmrebert Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭

Congratulations!!!! Happy for you!!!

• Jannajo
    Jannajo Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

I know chiropractors-many r at True North Helth Centre-where u fast on water or juices...unsure of how they work these days....unsure of 'these days' actually....MY situation is fine, hunky-dory, it is the country, the nation that concerns me (which impacts my own situation)....I am eating well, exercising some, thinking a tad more clearly, digesting well (the meal and the facts)....bit complicated (u might say), must be as a million people comment on it continually, night and day.....came up with: fema is in charge (of everything imaginable, or that u c & behind them CFR, secret societies,a certain society..of the perfect, behind them AI, behind them satan)...the party line is in place, soon u will parrot this line, or just question (this will not be allowed, as well as with all the other rules -u know how AI r, don't u?) Back to work will mean just what nowadays?

• JodieDownUnder
    JodieDownUnder Posts: 1,483 admin

@tomandcara I realise different countries/states, different rules re corona virus but in my state in Australia, chiropractors were classed as an essential service. I'm so grateful, as I've had 2 appointments in the last 5 weeks. Only 2 people in the waiting room and his wife is the practice manager and a nurse, wipes everything down with disinfectant. Patients use hand sanitizer before and after and we swipe our own cards, re health and payment and certainly do not attend if feeling unwell! Glad you were able to utilise this wonderful forum, as I and many do. Good luck.

• tomandcara

Thank you all for the well wishes and I wish you all the sane. @jodienancarrow In Colorado Chiropractors were classified as essential, BUT the services we render were not. Go figure. To me the rel bite was veterinarians and their services were considered essential, so the were never shut down. Dentists were also shut down as well as effectively all other healthcare that wasn't dealing with a life threatening situation, I am just grateful it wasn't longer than the 5 weeks that it was.

• dianne.misspooz
    dianne.misspooz Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

Yes, this is an awesome community! I learn so much by the site and by all the people that offer their knowledge in their posts. Love it here!

• Melissa Swartz
    Melissa Swartz Posts: 270 ✭✭✭

@tomandcara Good luck going back to your practice; this whole thing has been very hard on small businesses who were forced to shut down. I hope you are able to recover quickly!

• burekcrew86
    burekcrew86 Posts: 248 ✭✭✭

Wishing you all the best as you return to your practice. I pray your business bounces back quickly.

• tomandcara

So many well wishes. Thank you all, this is part of what makes the community so great. Today was our first full day and it went ok. We won;t be able to help as many people in a full day now as we could in a full day in February or early March, but we can see people so we are happy and I see many blessings in our lives, so we are ok with where we are now, My wife has worked with me in the practice as the office manager for over 34 years and we will have been married 33 years this July. We don't have the resources many people do at our ages, but we also have better resources than many at our ages, so we will continue working because not only do we need to do it, we also truly enjoy being able to help people.

• greyfurball
    greyfurball Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭

And here I am just sending you more work this week right after you get stuck going back to work...!

And I know "getting stuck" is not actually a likely symbolic gesture since it seems you love your job. But I know for me, yes, I love my job but I love these last few weeks more. I've got tons of projects started and completed on my property and none of it would have been possible without these last weeks off. And since my job is tied to the school system in a round-a-bout way, it looks like I will be having a lot more time off since it is unlikely school is going to start back up this year until Fall.

So good for you and hope you do stay home just enough to watch your new "future forest" grow into maturity!

• Ruth Ann Reyes
    Ruth Ann Reyes Posts: 577 admin

So glad to hear this! Good luck!

• tomandcara

@greyfurball you aren't sending me more work. You are sending me a balance of life and an adventure. You are right, going back to work isn't getting stuck with it since I do love what I do and without work, the $ isn't coming in. We don't have a retirement plan other than social security and that won't pay us enough to cover expenses. That is why it is a wonderful thing I love my job.

• Melinda
    Melinda Posts: 123 ✭✭✭

Good luck and stay safe.

• tomandcara

Just finished day 3, it is sooo good to be back. :-)