So...this week I hire a dandelion wine taste tester. She wears bandit mask to work! Do I fire her?

Voodoo Flóra
Voodoo Flóra Posts: 258 ✭✭✭

My new employee explains it's to protect her from the corona virus. What can I say? Looking at those dreamy eyes highlighted and made all the more hazel by her pink bandit mask that doubles as a bandanna. I find I can't turn her away. Just yet...

Anyhow she promises a full report on the wine by end of this week. Very excited!

In the meantime here's an article on moonshining in the good old USA. Did you know that George Washington was a super proud distiller! I'm an historian by training so this stuff is interesting to me.

Note: is there any state in which you cannot legally buy a distiller? Have it legally shipped to you? I for one am looking forward to the full moon this upcoming week.

Cheers!

Comments

• gardneto76
    gardneto76 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭

In AZ we cannot have a still unless It is certified for essential oils. They periodically check on it. I was going to get one for that purpose but it is such a pain I decided against it. It is a long process and I just don’t make that much myself.

• Voodoo Flóra
  • Voodoo Flóra

@gardneto76 who is "they"?

• gardneto76

@aprilbbrinkman atf bureau I believe. Alcohol, tobacco, & firearm department of the state. I would have to file to get a permit, the use said permit to buy the still, the have them approve of use of still, then prove what I am using it for, have it registered for that use along with my address. Then they can check on it to make sure there is no alcohol in it anytime they desire.

• Voodoo Flóra

WOW I have a friend who used to work for ATF and he used to relate such crazy stories about his time there and all their locker room talk. Sexist racist statists not my kind of people. My friend now works for the State Dept so glad he is gone from that other agency. Anyhow I never open my door to strangers, esp. the statists.

• Alison
    Alison Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

As long as she's not smuggling out the dandelion wine and doing her job I say she stays...what's the pattern on the bandana? That's my question...If it's flowers then ok. If it's of an armed robbery..then I'd probably fire her..😉

• gardneto76

@aprilbbrinkman I agree whole heartedly about not opening the door, which Is why I decided against the still. I only open the door for a few governmental people, mainly my daughter who works for CPS 🤣. All my kids are grown so she can’t do much now. Are you considering a still for EO’s? And have you looked into your laws? My hubby loves to do research and learn new things so he is the one that dug out all my information for me.

• Voodoo Flóra
    edited May 2020

@gardneto76 in Oregon you can legally distill water for sure and I haven't known of one state where a company will not sell and ship a distiller. I'm buying one in the near future. Until then I have a stovetop very simple foolproof DIY extremely small batch one I'm experimenting with...

• gardneto76

@aprilbbrinkman I will try a stovetop method next time. Last time I did lavender soaked in vodka. I feel like it’s a lot of vodka use for such a small amount of lavender oil.

• Voodoo Flóra
    edited May 2020

@gardneto76 I make lavender water super easy recipe will post about it soon!!!