Leaf Cutter Bee seminar replay

Comments

• tomandcara
    tomandcara Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you @silvertipgrizz. I couldn't make the webinar, but I am grateful to be able to watch the replay.

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tomandcara Me too.. still trying to catch our weekend replay esp the lady that teaches how to grow herbs...and still havn't had time to watch the bee vid...I"m going to call them and see if they will re post the first vid they did on the spring bees. If so I will also post that for everyone..

Have a great day!

• tomandcara
    edited May 2020

@silvertipgrizz hope they are able to post the first one. Maybe your phone call will be the magic catalyst that makes it happen. If they do and you remember, please put my name in the posting that announces the replay of that webinar. There is enough activity in this forum, I sometimes miss posting that interest me.

Have a great day yourself. I will be working my topbar honeybee hives again today. I did 2 swarm hive transfers to full size hives yesterday. I wanted to post a short video of transferring a handfull of the bees with bare hands, but I guess I can't post an MP4 video on the forum 😒

• silvertipgrizz
    edited May 2020

@tomandcara I won'ty forget to let you know if they will allow us another chance to see the first one. I'll post it here as well as another new discussion so no one misses it.

I"m very interested but afraid of being stung my a hoard of them which is why I like the idea of Mason bees..although they pollinate like stealth machines the don't make honey.

IF you get your bee activity on a platform you can post please post as I would love to see how you do things for the bees.

Have a great day!

Oh, I"m getting ready to post to new discussions: day one of cooking from 'the kitchn' in case you want to see it there is a link I think will let you sign up if not let me know and I will send a link for each day in the new discussions..

• tomandcara

@silvertipgrizz Thank you again.

• silvertipgrizz

@tomandcara Going to call them Monday so should have some info for all of us then regarding a potential replay of the first vid on the spring bees.

Too much keeping me busy or would have done it this week.

• tomandcara

@silvertipgrizz Just shared the video link with one of my friends who really wants to have bees and REALLY doesn't want to keep honey bees. Did you ever hear anything about their first webinar replay????

As always, thank you so much. I truly appreciate all the research you do to share things with us here on the TGN Forums

• silvertipgrizz

@tomandcara I forgot today was a holiday so no, am going to call tomorrow when I get up. Will let you know as soon as I can speak with someone there for a hopeful..yes replay available lol... we'll see I suppose.

I never got 'approval' to watch your vid from your fb either...

• tomandcara

@silvertipgrizz I tried to send it by DRIVE and did 2 different times tell DRIVE to share it with you. I am so sorry. It is just a little video of me moving a handfull of honeybees from a nuc box to a new hive with my bare hand. You have tried hard to see it, I have tried to send you another invitation to see it on Drive. Hopefully the third time is a charm

• silvertipgrizz

@tomandcara I got it and pulled it up to a window to view later today. I did see a picture of your bare hand touching the beeeez??

Ouch?

Thanks, and I just posted links to many vid's re Mason Bees including the first one I posted that a lot of us missed..'spring bees'.

• tomandcara

@silvertipgrizz No ouches, no stings, just a gentle ride from their old home to the new home. My wife says it is like people getting off a bus when the leave my hand for their new home.

• silvertipgrizz

@tomandcara They must be pretty familiar with you then. One thing I love about the Mason bees is that unless they are upset, they do not sting and even if they do it is said to be like a slight pin stick.

I will never forget one spring morning I noticed about 30 young/small Mason spring bees around one of my grow tubs that had accumulated some standing water from the rain the previous evening. They were getting themselves a morning drink and they were so tame they paid no mind to me and took care of their thirst while I watched them. It was picture perfect nature and some very beautiful bees and their peaceful nature.

Watch for a new discussion on bees etc, and the vid I think is part of amazon prime to watch..

• tomandcara

@silvertipgrizz Actually it is how you handle and approach them. I had the colony for only a week, having caught a swarm and putting them in a smaller hive for a week until I could get to my mother in law's home where the full size hive was. It was actually the first time I did anything with them after getting the swarm into a small box 7 days before

• silvertipgrizz

@tomandcara I can't imagine any critter, especially bees not being able to sense the difference between stress/fear and ease/calm, just like we people do..

One of these days, next time i remember I will tell about my ordeal with a red wasp nest and my sheer stupidity...

• tomandcara

Honeybees definitely can sense whether a person is calm or fearful. Working the bees is always better when I am clam.