How do you store flour?
I am currently keeping my flour in the freezer, but I have produce that needs the space. The flour definitely needs to find new accommodations. I'm not sure freezing is the best option anyway, as I've read that it destroys Vitamin E. Does anyone know if that's true, by the way?
Since we're gluten free, I have many kinds of flour. My current bread recipe calls for four flours and one starch. Some of the flours are difficult to come by, so I stock up when I can get them. As a result, I have at least a dozen types of flour on hand. Should I try to vacuum seal them in canning jars? I will have to make sure that they don't have moisture from being in the freezer; I'm not sure how to accomplish that.
Thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!
This Week's Leaders
- 605 All Categories
- 21 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 25 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 202 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 377 Current Events & Breaking News
- 1K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.2K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 408 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 28 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 298 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 299 The Homestead: DIY
- 856 Personal Journals
- 77 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter