Cold Start to the Summer
It’s the second week of June and I haven’t seen temps above 60 yet. My radishes aren’t even ready when I normally have those just before Memorial Day. My peas have flowers but no fruit and my beans are a measly 4” tall. If this keeps up I’m going seed out broccoli and cauliflower because why bother with peppers at this point?
Anyone else struggling to get a veggie garden going this year?
- 605 All Categories
- 21 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 25 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 202 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 377 Current Events & Breaking News
- 1K Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.2K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 406 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 28 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 295 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 298 The Homestead: DIY
- 852 Personal Journals
- 77 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter