How does everyone ID their plants in the garden? I keep trying new ways to put plant tags in my plants but have not found a trued and true yet.
The tin/pencil impression is VERY hard to read.
The sharpie on cut blinds work great for a season and last longer if you use a drip system do they don’t get wet too often.
The laser print tags you get from nurseries crack and break down after a year or so.
My next trial is going to be wood burned stakes coated in polyurethane. But I know the wood will break down eventually. I just hope it lasts longer than one year.
Making new labels every year is awfully time consuming!
This Week's Leaders
- 606 All Categories
- 21 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 25 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 196 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 375 Current Events & Breaking News
- 995 Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.1K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 400 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 28 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 273 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 291 The Homestead: DIY
- 835 Personal Journals
- 74 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter