Tutorial: Adding Tags to a New Discussion
I am posting this tutorial to give members instruction on how to include tags in a new discussion post.
Tags are meant to help find a particular discussion more readily when a search is performed.
1. Just below the box where you type the post of a new discussion, there is a box that says "Tags" above it. Type a specific word that reflects the content of your post in there, for example, if your post is about a particular grass & its medicinal use "quack grass", "grass", "medicinal", "medicine" would work well. Each term needs to be put in separately (see #2). It is good to use a key word that is in your post or title. I have learned that up to 5 terms seems to be optimal.
2. After typing one term, click just above the box, and you will notice that inside the box will be your term surrounded by a bubble of sorts, with a little "x" with it. The "x" is how you can delete that tag if it isnt a word that you want to keep.
These will show near the bottom of the initial discussion post.
3. Hashtags (#) are not necessary to post an effective tag on the TGN forum.
Again, tags are meant to assist a search. If someone is looking for something and they want a specific term to appear in posts searched for, the posts tagged with that term will appear in their results.
This Week's Leaders
- 606 All Categories
- 21 Our Front Porch Welcome! (Please Read Before Posting)
- 24 Introductions & Region-Specific Discussions
- 195 Educational Opportunities & Resources
- 374 Current Events & Breaking News
- 993 Our Garden: Growing Food
- 1.1K Our Apothecary: Natural & Home Medicine
- 396 The Back 40: Animal Husbandry & Harvesting
- 28 The Bush: Wild Game and Survival
- 271 Our Kitchen Table: Food Prep
- 291 The Homestead: DIY
- 833 Personal Journals
- 74 The General Store: Sell, Buy, & Barter