Recipes: Kale, Strawberries, Zucchini, Fudge Balls, Mustard & Watermelon

Comments

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

@silvertipgrizz Glad you found what you were looking for. Thanks for posting these other recipes. Strawberry and Kale in Brownies! Who would have thought! Will try these if my kale ever starts growing.

• silvertipgrizz
    silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@torey I don't know the specific mustard yet, but am going to call their company on Monday. Hoping it won't be too hard for them to answer since it was the only mustard carried fresh at walmart.

Have a look at the superfood fudge balls and note that there are many recipes on their website.

If I am able to find the mustard specific, I will post it here..

• seeker.nancy - Central Texas
    seeker.nancy - Central Texas Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭

@silvertipgrizz thank you for all those wonderful ideas! I'm trying to think outside the box for ways to boost the nutrition in...well, everything lol.

• silvertipgrizz

@seeker.nancy me too. have a look at their dietician's nutrient list for , I think it was the collard greens/detailed info.....I could not find the same info for any of the other greens...going to ask the company about that as well. Glad it helped..

• Sheila
    Sheila Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

Just curious were you looking for yellow, brown or black seeds or a source for the plant? I use brown mustard to control wire worm in our garlic fields so anything mustard related piques my interest ;)

• silvertipgrizz

@Sheila I"m looking for resources, getting ready to post 2 of hopefully 3 resources in a new discusion..looks very interesting and very educational for those needing the info..Will get back to answer this today a little later..in the mean time, what is wire worm?

• Sheila
    Sheila Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

@silvertipgrizz Sorry for the delay answering - wandered off to my parents as my Dad had to go in for an operation but all good now! Wire worm is the larvae of the click beetle and bores holes in root vegetables and bulbs. They can decimate a field if left unchecked. They love pasture land and guess what I am surrounded with lol! Brown mustard drives them out of the garlic beds as it is a biofumigant and it also helps with weed suppression as it will inhibit seed germination while not affecting bulbs or tubers.