Bayer & Bees

silvertipgrizz
silvertipgrizz Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in Endangered Species

I'm angry and horribly sad. This is not an easy vid to watch but must be if you can bare it..

Tagged:

Comments

• naomi.kohlmeier
    naomi.kohlmeier Posts: 380 ✭✭✭

Horrific. The love of money is the root of all evil. I'm glad that the people studying this problem stood up for what is right and that they didn't back down to Bayer. Thank you for posting this. It was difficult to watch as is any tragedy.

• SuperC
    SuperC Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Monsanto bought by Bayer (merger), for the weed killer RoundUp has been banned in California and a handful of countries throughout the world. Yet, the toxins(made by theses companies) not only are harmful in the growth of plants, they are in fact harming the soil, beneficial plants flowers and many microbes and insects too.

• Suburban Pioneer
    Suburban Pioneer Posts: 339 ✭✭✭

There is serious evidence that Roundup also affects the human microbiome, effectively killing off some bacterial populations and thereby allowing others to spread to take their place. It's not known how much disease and debility might be caused by these unnatural changes in our intestinal flora. However, there's no reason to think that such artificial (and, for many people, chronic, thanks to diets high in processed and conventionally-grown foods) changes can be occurring without causing ANY ill effects whatsoever.

• silvertipgrizz

the glyphosate unfortunately managed to get dumped, two barges full last spring/2019 after the barge owner failed to secure them and the flooding released them and they in turn hit one of our lock and dam's and dumped each respective load each FULL of GLYphsate..

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,576 admin

@silvertipgrizz 😳😬😔

• tomandcara
    tomandcara Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭

what surprises me is how so many people in agriculture "buy" the stories put out by Bayer that these chemicals make a "better world"

• silvertipgrizz

@tomandcara status quo for people too lazy to be bothered with the truth. Those barges contaminated our waterways here and I have heard not a thing about fining the owner, checking the water and bank area for residual...How does any responsible person manage to NOT secure things as large, heavy and esp loaded with toxic chemical.... I smell an aweful rat/s in this...since it happened and I/we found out what the barges had on them, and I and many others watched them break apart and sink to the bottom to share their load with humanity, fish, foul and animals that drink, swim or walk through the low spots..not to mention fishing ruined...for how long I wonder...

• tomandcara
    tomandcara Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭

@silvertipgrizz how very sad and very true

• charr80
    charr80 Posts: 15

Thanks for sharing video. I'll repost on my social media. This is what happens when big ag & pharma has it's hooks in big government. It's such a flawed system. This is the reason I stopped using our pest control company. I asked what ingredients they were using then looked them up to see if they killed bees. Sure if there was some that did. I searched out safe pest control products like ecosmart. We also started growing an organic garden to decrease the amount of toxic food produced. We have to vote with our wallet. If nobody is buying their products then it all stops. I've worked in cardiac research for 14 years. Now I will not take western medicine developed by big pharma because their studies are biased. I feel just as concerned about the vaccine industry. It's the only product I know of that you can't sue the company if the product harms you. Well in America you have to go through the vaccine court. In my opinion any of the above issues should be the reason people are out in the street protesting, not rioting. There's so few actual racist people in America anymore. I wish the media would stop telling people we are a racist country and others to actually believe it.

• silvertipgrizz

@charr80 fully agree. as far as the media goes... if everyone stopped watching their PROPAGANDA, they would go away, of course after a long drawn out blithering frenzy.

What type of cardiac research do you do? Professional? Armchair? Curious as I do as well.

• annbeck62
    annbeck62 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭

@charr80 so much of what you wrote is my truth as well. I believe if enough people do the research about toxic ingredients and vote with their wallets we will hit a tipping point and can affect widespread change.

• Tave
    Tave Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know this is an older post, but I just found out about this video yesterday. I was complaining to my brother about what is happening where I live. There was an outbreak of dengue, so they sprayed for mosquitoes. I have seen five mosquitoes in the last two months. Unfortunately, I have only seen three bees and no butterflies. The part of my garden that needs bees to pollinate is not producing. It's heartbreaking to think about what this means in the long run.

• Gil Montano
    Gil Montano Posts: 39 ✭✭✭

I read an urgent advice this morning. Beekeepers are alarmed: 4 million honey bees just died overnight in Italy. If we want to save the bees, we need to get Bayer’s toxic pesticides banned now, before it’s too late.