Covid 19 Projects

KimWilson
KimWilson Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in COVID-19/Coronavirus

Made my first ever king sized quilt for my daughter. This was a true labor of love.

It is called a rag quilt. As it gets washed, the clipped seams will get all fluffy and soft

Tagged:

Comments

• Torey
    Torey Posts: 5,679 admin

@KimWilson Beautiful!!! What a project!

• Karen luihn
    Karen luihn Posts: 53 ✭✭✭

Beautiful!

• RustBeltCowgirl
    RustBeltCowgirl Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely beautiful. Love the sailboats and the turtles.

• maimover
    maimover Posts: 359 ✭✭✭

That is so beautiful...

• KimWilson

Thanks so much for your comments. The sailboat and turtle patterns are my originals. I live in Arizona, but my heart and soul live at the ocean.

What have y'all been doing as projects during the pandemic?

• KimWilson

If I get brave, I will be binding this quilt tomorrow. I have never bound a quilt that I can recall, so it will be an adventure.

• Jannajo
    Jannajo Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

This is an amazing quilt, a big congratulations on this, @KimWilson ...u bring me back, how many years now? 54? Those early (marriage) days I made a bunch of matching sweaters for hubby (we didn't last but 7 years), and the 2 children..needed help to sew the seams, that's it! Cooking has been my greatest adventure so far-or my trip to Mexico?-Daily, I choose something very enticing and usually it is the one meal only (might call it intermittent fasting-16/8 or something), but my water-only fasts r just a memory by now, perhaps later on I will get back to some fast of 21-30 days or so, maybe ten, perhaps only when there is a scarcity, I'm up to it!

• gardneto76
    gardneto76 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭

This is absolutely stunning. How long did it take you? @KimWilson

• KimWilson

@gardneto76 to76 I can't really remember how long the quilt took to make. LOL!!!! I felt way out of my league and wanted the workmanship to be of excellent quality, so I was probably in denial at how long that was actually taking me to accomplish. Thank you for your comment. I do think that it took me weeks of effort.

• annbeck62
    annbeck62 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭

Beautiful!

• SherryA
    SherryA Posts: 314 ✭✭✭

Beautiful!

• dipat2005
    dipat2005 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KimWilson I have been sewing burrito pillowcases for my great grandchildren. I even learned how to make French seams. That is my project for the year. I am down to the last 2 pillow cases. For the boys I picked out a khaki material and didn't add trim. The first boy is very happy with how his pillowcase turned out. His mom was impressed with the French seams. So was I. I even made one extra pillowcase.

• KimWilson

@dipat2005 I would love to see pictures.

• kbmbillups1
    kbmbillups1 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! That's great!

Both of my kids have gone to college and we're all hoping they get to stay. So, I'm cleaning out their rooms. Really cleaning them out - throwing stuff away that should have hit the road years ago and giving away a lot of clothes.

I wish I were doing a project like yours though. It would certainly be more fun.

• dipat2005
    dipat2005 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KimWilson I am in the middle of canning but I will get them together and post pictures. Thanks for asking.

• KimWilson

I have also been clearing things out. It seems like a never ending project. We do not have a garage, but have had a storage unit for years. Just donated about 15 boxes of books to the local library. It will feel good to be out of the storage unit and freed of many items we no longer need.

• frogvalley
    frogvalley Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

We replaced the floor and cabinets in the kitchen. After 35 years, the forced time at home has given us the decision, motivation and energy to rip out everything as it was all falling apart. With the kids gone, we could buy the cheap replacements as (hopefully) nobody will be swinging on the doors or slamming the drawers and white is finally usable in our home. My newly retired husband/chef is so happy!

• Ruth Ann Reyes
    Ruth Ann Reyes Posts: 577 admin

I'm in love! Awesome work!

• annbeck62
    annbeck62 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭

I also started an indoor microgreen garden and started vermicomposting. I can honestly say I never thought I'd be keeping worms inside my house on purpose.