Bzzzzzz....thehivebutler.com Bee Swarm techniques

Comments

• EarlKelly
    EarlKelly Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@silvertipgrizz just watched that video yesterday. Usually use a cardboard box to gather my swarms. If low enough put them right in a hive body. Gotten 3 swarms so far. Did find the hive butler pretty nice. May get one for my own use.

• tomandcara
    tomandcara Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭

@silvertipgrizz thank you for the post. Like @EarlKelly I also use a cardboard box. Can't beat the price and works for me . @ swarms this year. I am happy

• I own the Hive Butler product--just want to say that we always encourage folks to put drawn-comb frames in the Hive Butler before you collect a swarm. That is one of the beauties of the design--no matter how you hold it, the frames are secure. You can keep one hand on the ladder, and carry the HB any old way, and those frames stay secure. Our lid snaps into place easily, and securely. And there are zip tie holes if you want to use those as well. (Something you won't find on you cardboard box.)

Here is a link to our swarm collection video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNQm3PBKmM4&feature=youtu.be

• EarlKelly
    EarlKelly Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

Nice video. Found it very informative. Think as soon as I get a few extra bucks will pick one up. Thanks for all the information and your use of one.

• Jens the Beekeeper
    Jens the Beekeeper Posts: 651 admin

@silvertipgrizz thanks for posting. I always use either a brood box straight away or a honey bucket with a queen exclude laid on top.

Caught 4 swarms this way so far and as @tomandcara said you can't beat the price.