πŸ† the GROW HALF contest πŸ₯¦πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ₯•πŸ³πŸ₯—πŸ₯œπŸ—πŸ„πŸ…

Marjory Wildcraft
Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin
edited October 2020 in Other News

Congratulations to @goodvibesedu for winning first prize in the GROW HALF Contest, and to @keturahrose98 and @mentinkfamilyfarms for being runners-up! And thanks to all who submitted videos for the contest -- I have so enjoyed seeing what all you do to grow and raise food for your family! -- Marjory

The Grow Network is a community of people who are stopping the destruction of the Earth via home grown food.

Every little bit helps! Including just a little basil plant on a windowsill.

But if you are growing half of your own food I've got a fun opportunity for you to share and inspire others.

The Grow Network is having a contest!Β 

Create and post up a short (2 minute) video showing what you do to grow half of your own food, and what you produce.  🎬

Show us your rabbits, chickens, gardens, orchard, bee’s, mushrooms, greenhouses… or whatever it is that you do to produce at least half of your own food.Β 

Yes, even that gigantic zucchini counts (everyone will accidently grow one of those in their lifetime. πŸ†

The prize for the best video will be $500 cash, and two runners will receive $100 gift certificates for anything in the TGN Store.Β 

The winners will be chosen by you, the TGN community!Β Here is the scoring system:

βœ”οΈ5 points for each LOL

βœ”οΈ3 points for each awesome

βœ”οΈ1 point for each vote up.Β 

Why so much emphasis on the LOL's? Because laughing increases your immune system function by a gazillion %, and don't we all need an immune boost right now?

We will collect entries for the contest up until Monday August 10th, 2020.Β Voting will remain open until Monday August 31th, 2020. Whomever has the highest score at 8pm ESTΒ that night will be the winner.Β 

Anyone can enter includingΒ Moderators, Street Team members, and all of the TGN community are welcome to enter.Β You can enter more than once, but do please be reasonable.Β  Uh TGN employees, no, not you.

Simply put your entry as a comment down below in this thread.Β 

Yeah, get those grandkids who know how to edit video to help you out πŸ“² 😊 

My son used to edit videos while skateboarding. Uh, he broke a LOT of phones... But it shows you how easy it is for those kiddos to make videos.

The easiest way to post your video is to put it up on YouTube and then embed into your comment/entry.Β If you need help uploading the video or don’t want to use YouTube, reach out to our TGN video producer, @ AnthonyΒ (hey Anthony, what is your TGN forum handle – dude, you’ve got to put up your mugshot on your profile – if Trump were here he would say β€œbad Anthony”).

I want to use these videos to inspire other people to grow their own food and to see that it really is fun and easy (er, well, maybe at least isn’t that difficult.... 😏 )

OK everyone, I haven’t ever run one of these before.Β So please be reasonable so I don’t have to make up a bunch of rules.Β Definitely ask any questions down below.Β 

I am so excited to see what you create!

πŸ€—

Β«134

Comments

This discussion has been closed.