πŸ† the GROW HALF contest πŸ₯¦πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ₯•πŸ³πŸ₯—πŸ₯œπŸ—πŸ„πŸ…

Comments

• Seeking Serenity and Harmony
    Seeking Serenity and Harmony Posts: 59 ✭✭✭

This sounds like fun!

• Nicoleburba
    Nicoleburba Posts: 58 ✭✭✭

@goodvibesedu It is great what you do! Great video. There are no limits what inventive and hardworking people can do!!!!

• lmrebert
    lmrebert Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭

@goodvibesedu fantastic!!πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Such a great job on the video and your garden! Ugh now I’m rethinking doing this you set the bar pretty high!

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

Beautiful huge garden!

• Marjory Wildcraft
    Marjory Wildcraft Posts: 1,615 admin

Hi @lmrebert ah! you know, I mostly wildcraft medicine from random plants growing about the yard or nearby trails. But I love the idea. Hmm, should the next contest center around home medicines?

• mgray11
    mgray11 Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

Hands-down my favorite! And my gardening/homesteading life goals for sure ✌ well done and yay your video made it onto YouTube πŸ‘

• frogvalley
    frogvalley Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Sometimes I feel like Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory who has been dropped onto a plot of dirt, a theoretical gardener, that hears Dusty Springfield on a soundtrack loop singing "Wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin', plannin' and dreamin.'"

Dang! You guys go it goin' on.

@jodienancarrow Thanks for the trip down under. Your garden is spectacular!

@goodvibesedu Best city visit I've ever had. Amazing garden and spirit.

@lmrebert A Show and Tell for your medicinal garden. Would love to see those videos!

• lmrebert
    lmrebert Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭

@Marjory Wildcraft yes that would be great! I’d love to see different areas and what they accomplish!!! I’ve already got a list going!!

• Jannajo
    Jannajo Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

@moreyshadypines howdy, we r together-vegetarian, and Iam so happy to hear of the kind caring for animals, that is the best, congrats on that!...u know @Nancy A.Maurelli 300 lbs of sweet potatoes is just super - that cld be half of what I wld eat, for sure, just delicious (organic is 2-3 dollars a lb, not always practical)....No vid?..We take your word for it!

• Helen South Australia
    Helen South Australia Posts: 42 ✭✭✭

@Marjory Wildcraft Thanks for the comment. It's quite okay, I fully understand that these have to be for the Northern Hemisphere as that is where you are!

• bmaverick
    bmaverick Posts: 175 ✭✭✭

Not able to post a video, but pictures for sure. We are already at 75% or more growing our own food. Love the idea of the contest though. Will monitor and vote.

• SuperC
    SuperC Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

@goodvibesedu lovely video with efficient garden production

• frogvalley
    frogvalley Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

@lloyd398 I loved your video. Chick Poop is actually one of my favorite lip balms.πŸ˜‚

Lovely before and after pictures.

• Nicoleburba
    Nicoleburba Posts: 58 ✭✭✭

@keturahrose98 I appreciate so much what you do. It is a lot of work only to cook your own food, but to grow almost all of it is like 2 full shift job every day 16/7.

• goodvibesedu
    goodvibesedu Posts: 3 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

Hope you enjoy our video. (In case you missed us from the 1st page!)

TO VOTE PLEASE CLICK BELOW LOL and AWESOME and Vote Up. Thank you for your support. πŸ˜„

https://youtu.be/pwkjdC8NyAs INNER CITY HOMESTEADERS made July 7, 2020

INNER CITY HOMESTEADERS- South End, Albany New York, USA

Our family enjoyed making this video for your contest. We are in an impoverished community doing our best to make our own food as a result of Covid. We gained sunny space we craved when last year the vacant building next door was demolished. We planted like mad and additionally bought the gravel lot next door. We are turning the parking lot back to nature as a butterfly sanctuary and free food garden for the community to pass it on. We are a mom and little two kids doing what we can.

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,574 admin
    edited August 2020

We are working on our video. We are learning a lot.

It is hard to fit everything in! I didn't expect that. Hopefully we have ours up here by this evening! πŸ˜ƒ

• norabelehcim
    norabelehcim Posts: 58 ✭✭✭

I grow all my herbs and accents (like chili peppers, ginger etc), but with an apartment balcony about the size of.a queen bed, with sun only in late afternoon, I focus on cherry tomatoes and cucumbers, as well as (edible) pollinator flowers, since there is neither sufficient sunlight nor space (even going vertical) to grow enough to comprise half of family food supply

• Kevin Peterson
    Kevin Peterson Posts: 1 ✭

LOL!!!

• dottile46
    dottile46 Posts: 437 ✭✭✭

@LaurieLovesLearning it's amazing what good we can find when we originally think we've been skunked. Beautiful family!

• LaurieLovesLearning
    LaurieLovesLearning Posts: 7,574 admin
    edited August 2020

@dottile46 It is! I also think that a person is better off looking on the positive side rather than dwelling on the negative. If I only saw weeds, I would have fully given up. But, I went looking for my plants and found such a richness in that mess. I am grateful for my messy garden this year.

The kids have learned so much more about the garden & the weeds than if it had looked perfect. It was a great time of discovery & they happily found more & more of the medicinal plants & brought them to me. They will remember these lessons from an imperfect garden.

Thank you for the compliment on our family. You are kind.

• redtails
    redtails Posts: 2 ✭

We garden and keep chickens for eggs and do Cat TNR!

https://youtu.be/P8ApEU1x0zw

This discussion has been closed.